N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#501)
Old
WARRIORS come out to play

Car: 2010 335i
Default 01-04-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by telkayat
I would still remove the tune regardless if it was well hidden or not. You never know where the techs are going to snoop around. Be it a tool mark in the engine bay or a well concealed meth hose in SleepyDub's case, you don't want to chance losing your warranty (if you still have it).
Has anyone's warranty ever been voided due to a tool mark?
(#502)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 01-04-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmathews
Has anyone's warranty ever been voided due to a tool mark?
I snapped a damn plastic flap when installing the power wire for the JB4. It still works fine, it's just obvious that someone was in there. I guess I'm kinda f*cked if they look in there.......

Anyone know where to get a new connector?
(#503)
Old
Country Roads!

Car: 2009 135i
Default 01-04-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes we're transitioning over to beta now. As I've posted a few times, when we have upgrade kits ready we'll throw up a thread and an order link!
Thanks! Thought I might have missed it or something.

Mods: FBO
(#504)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Car: 335i
Default 01-04-2011, 11:48 AM

many requests for features JB4 .....

strange that has not yet been asked to make locking electric mirrors from the remote car key

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#505)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 01-04-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity
many requests for features JB4 .....

strange that has not yet been asked to make locking electric mirrors from the remote car key
if you mean folding your side mirrors with the fob, then yes this can be done. Just needs coding
(#506)
Old
Ma need more protein !

Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-04-2011, 01:16 PM

So i tried the radio on/off feature with speedo @ 5 and tach @ 7 but now i cant get it to stay off...every time i enter the CAN menu it shuts radio off then i have to cycle the car....

2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas
(#507)
Old
Ma need more protein !

Default 01-04-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ
I snapped a damn plastic flap when installing the power wire for the JB4. It still works fine, it's just obvious that someone was in there. I guess I'm kinda f*cked if they look in there.......

Anyone know where to get a new connector?
how bout this....i snapped one of the ECU/DME Tabs opps

heres the ECU box

#18 may be your part

(#508)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Talking 01-04-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
For the chime, it's on the to-do list. First step is to find the CAN command for the seatbelt chime.
Awesome. I'd assume you'd make this toggle-able as well (on/off or on by specific rpm). This would one-up the Lexus IS-F system where it's apparently ALWAYS on and sort of annoying.
(#509)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara
So i tried the radio on/off feature with speedo @ 5 and tach @ 7 but now i cant get it to stay off...every time i enter the CAN menu it shuts radio off then i have to cycle the car....
Yep that command is not IDrive compatible.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#510)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 01-04-2011, 01:32 PM

Terry, if you need a hand looking for the modules etc, concerning the seatbelt chime let me know. I'm not sure if its the same with CAN but I might be able to give you the code to look for.
(#511)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 01-04-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
how bout this....i snapped one of the ECU/DME Tabs opps

heres the ECU box

#18 may be your part
Yeah, it's hard to tell but that looks to be it. Glad it's cheap.

Lol at the little turbo in there, not sure why that is there.... apparently there is a plastic bolt right on the compressor?
(#512)
Old
Ma need more protein !

Default 01-04-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Yep that command is not IDrive compatible.

But it wont stay on now the radio..is it frozen ... wont stay stay in the off mode

(#513)
Old
Ma need more protein !

Default 01-04-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ
Yeah, it's hard to tell but that looks to be it. Glad it's cheap.

Lol at the little turbo in there, not sure why that is there.... apparently there is a plastic bolt right on the compressor?
Apparently lol silly germans

(#514)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
But it wont stay on now the radio..is it frozen ... wont stay stay in the off mode
I guess I don't understand the question. But for specific questions about your car email us for tech support.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#515)
Old

Default 01-04-2011, 02:22 PM

Please say there is going to be another group buy soon!
(#516)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2011, 02:23 PM

The male pins showed up. So we're on track for another big upgrade batch!

Burger Motorsports

(#517)
Old
m power

Car: 135i
Default 01-04-2011, 02:35 PM

Good to know Terry are you going to offer the mail in wiring harness upgrade for $20 as well?
(#518)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2011, 02:47 PM

Yes! For that you send in JB3 system before ordering via USPS with tracking to:

Burger Motorsports, LLC
PO BOX #2168
Simi Valley, CA 93062

When it arrives then you order and put a comment in to "hold for harness upgrade". Eric here will be doing them once per week on Saturdays. When doing the harness upgrade the $20 core charge instead becomes the harness fee, as we will already have your core at that point.

Burger Motorsports

(#519)
Old

Default 01-04-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Yes! For that you send in JB3 system before ordering via USPS with tracking to:

Burger Motorsports, LLC
PO BOX #2168
Simi Valley, CA 93062

When it arrives then you order and put a comment in to "hold for harness upgrade". Eric here will be doing them once per week on Saturdays. When doing the harness upgrade the $20 core charge instead becomes the harness fee, as we will already have your core at that point.
So if I send mine in right now when can I expect to get it back?
(#520)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2011, 04:13 PM

It will sit around until the upgrade links are posted. On the ones sent in, it will be a 1-2 week turn around. So definitely self modify the harness if you're concerned with delays. It will be much faster.

Burger Motorsports

(#521)
Old

Default 01-04-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
It will sit around until the upgrade links are posted. On the ones sent in, it will be a 1-2 week turn around. So definitely self modify the harness if you're concerned with delays. It will be much faster.
Do you think it would be faster to just wait for another GB or to send it in? Thanks for the help, Terry! And good work on the JB4!
(#522)
Old

Car: 08 e92 335i
Default 01-04-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I switch to an alternate music source (mp3s) before issuing commands, with iDrive I found that moving channel up/down immediately unmutes the radio.
(#523)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbreeE90
Do you think it would be faster to just wait for another GB or to send it in? Thanks for the help, Terry! And good work on the JB4!
It makes no difference either way. When we have the upgrade kits ready we will post the link for them. If you want to send the JB3 in ahead and wait around no problem there.

Burger Motorsports

(#524)
Old

Car: E92
Default 01-04-2011, 09:17 PM

Whats the difference between the ALPHA and BETA???
(#525)
Old

Car: any
Default 01-04-2011, 09:22 PM

Beta is more refined and open to general public you will still have to eventually update some firmware options on beta but it is much more refined and tested than the so new born which is the alpha