N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default Pure turbos? - 04-24-2017, 07:01 AM

Hello everyone,

I own a FBO 335I, it's a pwg model and after reading reviews from this site. I saw that the pure stage 1 would be a good upgrade for a PWG 335I.

A few months ago in placed an order for the stage 1. Around middle February. Paid about 2012.12 dollars. Around mid march in asked about the status of my order and was told I'd receive a UPS number in a week.

Around two more weeks, April 5th no UPS number so I got a bad feeling, worried I was going to get an email asking for another 500 for a special turbo upgrade. So I asked for a refund. It's April 24th and no one from the company will give me an answer.

I'm little strapped as what I can do since I'm serving overseas. Has anyone else had this problem? I ordered from pureturbos.com, is this the legit website of the company or have I been scammed?

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 04-25-2017 at 01:03 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-24-2017, 09:41 AM

I just ran through a similar issue with them. Great product, not so great on communication or returning calls/emails.

Charles was indeed the person who ended up actually helping me/doing what he said he would do. Give him an email directly.

'12 N55 e82 | MEVD1762 | DCT | CP | d0wnP1p3e sans meow | 7" IC | PPK1 | PE | JB4 ISO | BMS OCC | BMS Intake | PS2 | Stg2 LPFP | N20
Waiting to go in: BMS WMI kit
(#3)
Old
Demigod

Car: N55 135i
Default 04-24-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
not so great on communication or returning calls/emails.
Not the experience I had. Jesse and I think Carol (sorry can't remember exactly who it was?) were great. I probably asked too many question both pre and post order and everyone was answered quickly.

UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")

DD Map 7 at 20psi. Map 6 at 25psi for 'kill mode'
(#4)
Old

Default 04-24-2017, 10:54 AM

Have you tried calling them? I know they are super busy. Not making excuses for the lack of communication, but they are not and will not scam you.

Last edited by houtan; 04-24-2017 at 11:06 AM..
(#5)
Old

Car: '70 E9 Turbo, '88 M5, '11 335d
Default 04-24-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMBMW
Hello everyone,

I own a FBO 335I, it's a pwg model and after reading reviews from this site. I saw that the pure stage 1 would be a good upgrade for a PWG 335I.

A few months ago in placed an order for the stage 1. Around middle February. Paid about 2012.12 dollars. Around mid march in asked about the status of my order and was told I'd receive a UPS number in a week.

Around two more weeks, April 5th no UPS number so I got a bad feeling, worried I was going to get an email asking for another 500 for a special turbo upgrade. So I asked for a refund. It's April 24th and no one from the company will give me an answer.

I'm little strapped as what I can do since I'm serving overseas. Has anyone else had this problem? I ordered from pureturbos.com, is this the legit website of the company or have I been scammed?
Your email probably went to junk or something. We don't "scam" people, lol. What's your email address? Or Inv#? Or something so we can track this and check on it. Just msg us.
(#6)
Old

Default 04-24-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyap
Not the experience I had. Jesse and I think Carol (sorry can't remember exactly who it was?) were great. I probably asked too many question both pre and post order and everyone was answered quickly.
Really? That's surprising. I've spoken to Carol a bunch of times, and whenever I gave her the benefit of the doubt that she'd "email me with updates" or call me back...it just didn't happen.

Every other day or so, I would call roughly every 30min hoping for somebody to pick up during their phone hours (9am-12pm, btw). It wasn't until I started talking to Charles that I received solid communication and follow ups.

Does not speak for everyone, just my specific experience.

All that being said, I don't think i've ever seen Pure Turbos 'scam' anyone, and my turbo showed up nicely packed and freshly rebuilt - can't wait to put it on!

'12 N55 e82 | MEVD1762 | DCT | CP | d0wnP1p3e sans meow | 7" IC | PPK1 | PE | JB4 ISO | BMS OCC | BMS Intake | PS2 | Stg2 LPFP | N20
Waiting to go in: BMS WMI kit
(#7)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Thumbs up 04-25-2017, 04:10 AM

Hey guys thanks for the information. Carol got a hold of me. Looks like you guys were right with the volume of emails they get. Mine probably got loss some where. Got a receipt issuing a refund.
(#8)
Old

Car: 2010 X5M MCB
Default 04-25-2017, 06:02 AM

"Volume" and "junk folder" are two classic small business excuses for not spending the time to get back to you.

They got your email.