N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335XI
Default multi nozzle meth setup suggestion needed. - 10-03-2014, 01:44 AM

Hi guys

I have cooling mist 200psi pump, FSB controller, Valve, tubes etc. I was using cm14 nozzle and the car performs strong with RB turbines. Now I plan to go next level, and the reason I want to add more meth is that gasoline quality is not the best here.

Any idea what should I do?

I sow lot of threads before in this board but Terry deleted all old threads so forced to ask again.

Thanks
Taron

2008 335XI(E92) AT/ garrett gtx3582r with jpworks manifold 1.06AR housing/ tial mv-s 38mm wgs(13.5 psi springs)/ tial bov/ fuel it level1 upgrade/ index 12 injectors/ N20 Map sensor/JB4 ST TS BEF with MHD/ Alpina Flash for now.
(#2)
Old

Default 10-03-2014, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taron
Hi guys

I have cooling mist 200psi pump, FSB controller, Valve, tubes etc. I was using cm14 nozzle and the car performs strong with RB turbines. Now I plan to go next level, and the reason I want to add more meth is that gasoline quality is not the best here.

Any idea what should I do?

I sow lot of threads before in this board but Terry deleted all old threads so forced to ask again.

Thanks
Taron
if you are going to go dual nozzle I think terry recommends a cm10 + cm5 or a combo of cm10 + cm7. the dual nozzle kit is available on the burgertuning website

Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.

Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Past 1998 acura integra rs: jrsc @ 6 psi and bolt ons.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335XI
Default 10-03-2014, 07:00 AM

spraying before or after turbine is producing more power ?

2008 335XI(E92) AT/ garrett gtx3582r with jpworks manifold 1.06AR housing/ tial mv-s 38mm wgs(13.5 psi springs)/ tial bov/ fuel it level1 upgrade/ index 12 injectors/ N20 Map sensor/JB4 ST TS BEF with MHD/ Alpina Flash for now.
(#4)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 10-03-2014, 11:10 AM

CM 7 and CM 5 Should be fine.

When I had RB's I just did CM14 single nozzle.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335xi E90 N55
Default 10-03-2014, 11:23 AM

Would there be benefit to spraying water with one nozzle and meth with the other? Maybe you could tune your mix on the fly, or have more of one spray at low/high rpm or boost? Or maybe water before the turbo & meth after, or vice versa. Just brainstorming here.

2011 335i xDrive ///M-Sport LeMans Blue Navigation iDrive 15% Tint N55 E90 - BMS Intake, Le Mans Blue Grilles, Le Mans Blue Rear Diffuser, Alpina B3 TCU Flash, Misc Coding, Matte Black Badge, Gloss Black Exhaust Tips, Blue Calipers*, VRSF Charge Pipe*, Cyba Scoops*, JB4 ISO 5.5, Sport Oil Cooler Valve, FlexFuel (Fuel Rail Pressure) Wires, Wheel Lock Set, Ethanol Content Sensor - No problems up to E70 fuel mix
* Painted 7251 Cobalt Blue Metallic - Matches LeMans Blue
(#6)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-03-2014, 12:43 PM

would a cm 12 and cm 10 combo be too much for fbo+ RB turbo car?

2016 340i trackpack , JB4, BMS intake, BMS CC
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Default 10-03-2014, 12:47 PM

If you are worried about timing..... up your water ratio.
Pump pressure will really take a dive with that combo.... but your call.
Instead of speculation just log.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 10-03-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
CM 7 and CM 5 Should be fine.

When I had RB's I just did CM14 single nozzle.
I switched from single cm10 to dual cm7 + cm5 this week

F21 M140i - currently stock
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.6, 60-130: 5.3
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#9)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-03-2014, 01:07 PM

cool i have a cm 12 right now , waiting for that VArgas hfpf shotgun barrel to come out, i heard we dont need meth with that but i might still keeep it i liek to see low AIT.

2016 340i trackpack , JB4, BMS intake, BMS CC
(#10)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 06-24-2018, 05:11 AM

So what’s the verdict? Dual CM?? Vs cm14s?
(#11)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 06-24-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning
So whatís the verdict? Dual CM?? Vs cm14s?
You're over 3 1/2 years late to the party. Haha But yes, dual 7cm over a single 14cm. That's dependent also on your setup wether you need that much volume.

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-25-2018, 07:41 AM

Depends on the power goals.

I usually rec dual Cm10 for anything over 600whp.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#13)
Old

Default 06-25-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS

Thank you!! I’ve been having a cm14 for 2 years on Pure S2s doing around 5.9s 100-200..

So just wanna improve my setup..
(#14)
Old

Car: 335xi, 335i
Default 06-25-2018, 04:13 PM

I used to run 2 nozzles but am not a fan of it now.
- more connections to leak/monitor
- smaller jets clog easier
- cost
- if you don't run a second solenoid then the meth will get siphoned out of both lines from the "T" to the jets. I think some guys have done loops to prevent this but not sure.
- due to pressure loss you can't just add the jet sizes together as the overall amount will be far less
- I drilled and tapped the outlet of the intercooler to get the best distribution. I will take this over any perceived gain with spraying closer. My trims are identical between both banks.
- You can spray more on these cars than most of the sites recommend. As long as your trims are not bottoming out then as I understand it the fuel in the w/m is accounted for.

'07 335i LCI trunk,FBO,Meth,MHD, LSD, 12.1@118, Now with GCLites.

'07 335xi LCI trunk,FBO,Meth,MHD, 11.87@118.65, Now with VTT stage 1 Billet.
(#15)
Old

Default 08-25-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS

Hi Payam! Ok i changed to the PHOENIX RACING chargepipe with dual CM10 nozzles.

Need some advice, when running dual nozzles, does the length of WMI hose from T joint to the bungs affect anything? also, Iíve noticed that thereís a difference in bank 1 & 2 trims when the meth comes on, itís consistently 8-9 difference, am I doing something wrong?
(#16)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-27-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:

Need some advice, when running dual nozzles, does the length of WMI hose from T joint to the bungs affect anything? also, Iíve noticed that thereís a difference in bank 1 & 2 trims when the meth comes on, itís consistently 8-9 difference, am I doing something wrong?
I got to your email, send me pics of your setup since we're talking about it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#17)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 08-29-2018, 09:13 AM

Tried a DO14 once and the trims were terrible.

One bank got very little meth. The other bank got loads. I imagine the big dropplets just followed the air within the manifold to a very large degree.

UK FBO 335i, GCs, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
(#18)
Old

Car: 335xi, 335i
Default 08-29-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:

Yes the length is important if running dual nozzles with only one solenoid. All the meth will drain out from both jets up to the "T"...read my post above. I have heard that a loop in each line after the "T" may help with this but I never tried it. FYI I am now using a single CM14 that outputs 1100 ml/min tapped into the outlet of the intercooler and both banks of my trims are identical. Also not a drop of meth leaks out of the jet with this setup.

'07 335i LCI trunk,FBO,Meth,MHD, LSD, 12.1@118, Now with GCLites.

'07 335xi LCI trunk,FBO,Meth,MHD, 11.87@118.65, Now with VTT stage 1 Billet.