N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1201)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 10-08-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalfc15
You guys with red sports need to be careful of overboosting.
Terry already confirmed that RS's can handle +5psi on race gas. Also my boost logs haven't had anything on them so far to be concerned.
(#1202)
Old

Car: q50 redsport
Default 10-08-2017, 02:51 PM

I’m debating on trying +6 tonight.
(#1203)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 10-08-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudesurya
Iím debating on trying +6 tonight
I say go for it, and let us know how the car feels
(#1204)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 10-08-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudesurya
Anyone running +7 on the red sport or has? Iím at +6 but man...thinking about going to +7 to race my friends bolt on c6 vette.
Met a q60 red sport guy today have been runnning +7 on jb1. He said no issues, he is on e85 mix. I have ran +4 on jb4 on 91. Car pulled really strong, but I toned it down to +3 max tapered.
(#1205)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer663s
Just did the JB4 upgrade on out 2017 Q50s 3.0T SS AWD. I set up a conservative Map 6, climbing to +4 at 4k and tapering off starting at 6k. WE only run 92 pump gas as there is no ethanol here.

Wife out for a test drive now. She loved the JB1 but felt it was a little harsh.

Mike
Curious to see if she finds the JB4 more civil. I'll post a firmware update tomorrow that enables code read/delete and refines boost by road speed user adjustables.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1206)
Old

Car: 2017 infiniti q50
Default 10-08-2017, 05:29 PM

hey terry, i dynoed my 2017 3.0t thats currently on map 6 of jb4 with a peak boost of +8 from 4k-6k rpms. just went and got the car dynoed and this is what i got.

https://imgur.com/a/i4X3o

pretty sure it was low due to the heatsoak. all i have is a catback exhaust. the air/fuel at the bottom drops significantly after 4krpm. can someone explain to me why i got so low?
(#1207)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2017, 05:35 PM

Have the JB4 log to match so we can see the tuning details? If timing is going too rich it might be the DME enriching the air/fuel due to higher calculated EGT readings or could be an indication you have boost turned too high for the octane level.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1208)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50S 3.0t
Default 10-08-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Curious to see if she finds the JB4 more civil. I'll post a firmware update tomorrow that enables code read/delete and refines boost by road speed user adjustables.
She likes it a lot more - says it is nice and smooth all the way through 6k rpm unlike the JB1 which she felt was a more abrupt hit. She feels more confident getting on it now.

I haven't driven it yet - been too busy waxing my new F150. Also a twin turbo that will eventually get a tune.

Mike
(#1209)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q60 AWD 3.0t Premium
Default 10-08-2017, 06:57 PM

Hey All,

Just ordered the Infiniti Sport Exhaust w/o mufflers and the full. Z1 race p1pes. About to order an intake. For those of you who have the AEM, Stillen, or Powerpro intakes installed, are you able to push all the way to +7psi on the JB1/JB4 and have you had any issues with the intakes?

Thanks

'17 Infiniti Q60 AWD 3.0t Premium
JB1 +7psi w/ 30% e85
-------------------------------------------------------
"Form is temporary, class is forever"
(#1210)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 10-08-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalfc15
Hey All,

Just ordered the Infiniti Sport Exhaust w/o mufflers and the full. Z1 race p1pes. About to order an intake. For those of you who have the AEM, Stillen, or Powerpro intakes installed, are you able to push all the way to +7psi on the JB1/JB4 and have you had any issues with the intakes?

Thanks
I had the AEM intakes and while there were no drivability issues, I was getting constant MAF malfunction CELs with them even after the software update. I did get the same CEL code on stock intakes the other day which made me chuckle a bit. My car is super sensitive it seems. My brother had the Stillen intakes on his RS. No CELs but constant drivability problems so he went back to OEM as well.
(#1211)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 10-08-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
(#1212)
Old

Default 10-08-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsm
hey terry, i dynoed my 2017 3.0t thats currently on map 6 of jb4 with a peak boost of +8 from 4k-6k rpms. just went and got the car dynoed and this is what i got.

https://imgur.com/a/i4X3o

pretty sure it was low due to the heatsoak. all i have is a catback exhaust. the air/fuel at the bottom drops significantly after 4krpm. can someone explain to me why i got so low?
Pretty good numbers, but like Terry said sometimes less is actually more. What fuel were you running? What were the AF ratios and timing? Remember, these turbos are tiny and inefficient at higher boost, overwhelming the cooling system and ultimately producing less power.
(#1213)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer663s
She likes it a lot more - says it is nice and smooth all the way through 6k rpm unlike the JB1 which she felt was a more abrupt hit. She feels more confident getting on it now.

Burger Motorsports

(#1214)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 SilverSport 3.0T
Default 10-09-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I noticed that the boost on standard mode is much higher than the boost on sport mode. I was getting peak 12 PSI boost on Sport mode on the silversport under 60MPH. But when i switched to Standard mode i was getting 18.5PSI peak boost under 60MPH.
(#1215)
Old

Default 10-09-2017, 12:26 PM

What do you think, rs awd on 94
psi_curve[0] = 30 '1500
psi_curve[1] = 30 '2000
psi_curve[2] = 40 '2500
psi_curve[3] = 40 '3000
psi_curve[4] = 40 '3500
psi_curve[5] = 40 '4000
psi_curve[6] = 40 '4500
psi_curve[7] = 40 '5000
psi_curve[8] = 30 '5500
psi_curve[9] = 30 '6000
psi_curve[10] = 20 '6500
psi_curve[11] = 10 '7000
(#1216)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusbetaX
I noticed that the boost on standard mode is much higher than the boost on sport mode. I was getting peak 12 PSI boost on Sport mode on the silversport under 60MPH. But when i switched to Standard mode i was getting 18.5PSI peak boost under 60MPH.
You're probably reading boost wrong, then. I dyno tested all the options and all made the same boost/power output.

Burger Motorsports

(#1217)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 3.0t
Default 10-09-2017, 12:55 PM

Hey Terry, Just wondering if the JB4 update will still be released today. If so, will it be posted here or somewhere else?
(#1218)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2017, 01:14 PM

Yes, still a couple tests to do on it. Will be in 2nd post.

Burger Motorsports

(#1219)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2017, 02:08 PM

Added new JB4 firmware to the 2nd post.

Enabled boost by speed. Values of 0 disables. Otherwise "1st gear" sets maximum boost added below 31mph, "2nd gear" sets maximum boost added below 55mph, and "3rd gear" sets maximum boost added below 84mph. Generally speaking this feature will be used by RWD vehicles and in most cases only in 1st gear, with a setting of say 2psi in 2nd gear to assist with traction as needed during launches.

And here is a log of that function in action. I've set 1st gear to 1psi, 2nd gear to 2psi, and 3rd gear to 3psi, so you can see in the log how the feature works.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1220)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 10-09-2017, 02:33 PM

Terry what’s going on with intakes? You were suppose to give us an update...

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#1221)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2017, 03:56 PM

The first production units are still not on my desk. When I have them expect to see a post in this thread about it.

Burger Motorsports

(#1222)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 10-09-2017, 05:32 PM

So, installed the jb4 firmware, limited 1st gear to 1 psi. Definitely gave the car some traction. When I come out from a turn on a stop, I usually hear the tires burn at half throttle. Now it takes a little more to burn tires from a stop, but it just goes, no wasted power from spinning. Again, thank you Terry.
(#1223)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 SilverSport 3.0T
Default 10-09-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
The first production units are still not on my desk. When I have them expect to see a post in this thread about it.
any benefit to AWD vehicles? ill stilll update as there is other functionality enabled with this update, just wondering. Btw you were right about before the Sport mode just draws out the gears longer, i just feel the difference in standard mode more than in sport mode.
(#1224)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2017, 07:27 PM

No need to limit boost on AWD cars, from what I've seen so far.

Burger Motorsports

(#1225)
Old

Default 10-10-2017, 01:04 AM

Quote:
No need to limit boost on AWD cars, from what I've seen so far.
So who is gonna be crazy enough to run 17psi in 1st and 2nd or is there a limit to how high we can raise it via this update?