N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1001)
Old
Driver

Car: 2016 Infinti Q50 3.0t (300 hp) AWD
Default 09-26-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes the JB4 advanced CANbus mapping is a much better option than DWP. But, for those who want to keep it simple, the DWP setting seems to be effective! Thinking of changing Stage1 default to 35.
Terry, I wanted to ensure I have the right software to use with the JB4 upgrade. I grabbed the 'latest version' from page 1, and everything connects fine. Since I was running the stage 1 with no issues at +5, I wanted to try +6 boost, so I selected map 5. Looking at the page, I saw the different boost numbers across the revs, the highest I saw was 5. Am I reading it wrong or do I need a different version for JB4?

2016 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
BMS JB4
(#1002)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 09-26-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doorGTR
Terry, I wanted to ensure I have the right software to use with the JB4 upgrade. I grabbed the 'latest version' from page 1, and everything connects fine. Since I was running the stage 1 with no issues at +5, I wanted to try +6 boost, so I selected map 5. Looking at the page, I saw the different boost numbers across the revs, the highest I saw was 5. Am I reading it wrong or do I need a different version for JB4?
Custom map by rpm only takes effect if Map6 is selected.
(#1003)
Old
Driver

Default 09-26-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekpogi
Custom map by rpm only takes effect if Map6 is selected.
Yes, I don't want to customize it. It looks like map5 should have +6 based on the instructions. What I said was different revs show the different boost associated with them and the highest number I saw was +5.

Am I reading it correctly?

BMS JB4
(#1004)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Yes, I don't want to customize it. It looks like map5 should have +6 based on the instructions. What I said was different revs show the different boost associated with them and the highest number I saw was +5.

I'd have to see the specific log but "target" in logs represents how much boost is being requested over stock at that moment, based on engine speed, pedal position, and any other factors we've programmed in.

Of course requesting boost doesn't mean you're making that much boost over stock. That is a function of turbo spool speed, wastegate dutycycle, EGT, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1005)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 SilverSport 3.0T
Default 09-26-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I'd have to see the specific log but "target" in logs represents how much boost is being requested over stock at that moment, based on engine speed, pedal position, and any other factors we've programmed in.

Of course requesting boost doesn't mean you're making that much boost over stock. That is a function of turbo spool speed, wastegate dutycycle, EGT, etc.
Is the second batch ready yet?? Itching to get my hands on one....

Last edited by VirusbetaX; 09-26-2017 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: Spelling
(#1006)
Old

Default 09-26-2017, 11:15 AM

Also had an additional question. How can the redsport have almost 100 more lbs of torque with the same engine? I though the only difference was an extra cooler and the turbo rpm sensors? In the future will we be able to flash the redsport mapping to a silversport?
(#1007)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50S AWD
Default 09-26-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusbetaX
+1 I keep stalking the page so I don't miss when they release them.
(#1008)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2017, 11:28 AM

We'll add some JB4 upgrade kits to our site shortly.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1009)
Old

Default 09-26-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
We'll add some JB4 upgrade kits to our site shortly.
Oh no now im gonna do nothing today....just keep refreshing the buying page
(#1010)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
Default 09-26-2017, 11:55 AM

Nice great to hear Terry!! Will we also have some dyno charts along with the jb4 kit to compare the different maps?? Just wondering, Thanks again looking forward to the upgrade kit
(#1011)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSport88
Nice great to hear Terry!! Will we also have some dyno charts along with the jb4 kit to compare the different maps?? Just wondering, Thanks again looking forward to the upgrade kit
At some point yes we'll post updated dynos for the JB4.

Burger Motorsports

(#1012)
Old
Driver

Default 09-26-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:

Understood, I was asking about the target in the app for map5 = +6, I just don't see it for that map.

Let me ask a different question:

JB1 and JB4 have different hardware. Does the 'latest version' software (JB4_1_1_0_9) work with both of them?

BMS JB4
(#1013)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 09-26-2017, 12:12 PM

New guy here...I've been reading this thread since it was only a couple pages long and have been running the JB1 for a couple months now on my AWD RS. Finally got a chance to hit the track the other night to get a couple quarter mile runs in.

I got in 3 runs, each with a different setting...I ran it stock, then +3, then +4 and was able to log the stock and +4 runs (forgot to hit start for the +3 run so no log for that one unfortunately). Was running 93 octane (half-tank) with Royal Purple w/MMT octane boost. No other mods, weather was pretty good, around 70, I'm at sea level if it matters and kept it in Auto S+ w/ traction control off....ran a 13.1, 12.9 and 12.8

It felt good, but from everything I been reading here, and from the SOTP feel of +4 over stock during normal driving, I was definitely hoping for better. Really cant wait to try out the JB4 now so I can get some better (more detailed) logs and see if there's any improvements.

Time Slips and Logs:
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-09-22_Quarter Mile_Stock_Auto S+.csv (60.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: csv 2017-09-22_Quarter Mile_+4_Auto S+.csv (58.7 KB, 21 views)

2017 Q50 RS400 (AWD) - BMS JB4
(#1014)
Old

Default 09-26-2017, 12:28 PM

Thanks for posting, I am just happy to see improvement over first run. Like it has been said there are lots of reasons that play into 1/4 times. It makes me want to go even more now to see what I get.
(#1015)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
Default 09-26-2017, 12:35 PM

Thanks for posting up Q50RS4. What is your DWP set as for +4 psi run? I know map 1 has a default of 30 was just curious when you switched to map 3 you left it at 30 or input something else?
(#1016)
Old

Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50RS
Talking 09-26-2017, 12:49 PM

I just want an intake :Banghead:
(#1017)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 09-26-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSport88
Thanks for posting up Q50RS4. What is your DWP set as for +4 psi run? I know map 1 has a default of 30 was just curious when you switched to map 3 you left it at 30 or input something else?
I went pretty aggressive with the DWP at the track...had it set to 10 for the +3 & +4 runs

2017 Q50 RS400 (AWD) - BMS JB4
(#1018)
Old

Default 09-26-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngryViking
I just want an intake :Banghead:
So do I, but I would rather wait until the product is done correctly and works than get something rushed to us that doesn't work like a couple companies have done already.
(#1019)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 3.0t
Default 09-26-2017, 01:33 PM

Hey Terry, just to clarify, is the plan to release the JB4 today? Because I've been sitting here switching back between the q50 and tunes section on the burgertuning website for the better half of an hour now lol
(#1020)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 09-26-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
When racing it's also best to compare to what YOUR car runs stock at the same track, ideally on the same day... Different tracks and run conditions can vary by much more than your modifications are adding. Before you even start talking about traction.
Using the DA calculator on drag times.com, my corrected ET should have been from 12.5 to 12.8.
(#1021)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 09-26-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50RS4
New guy here...I've been reading this thread since it was only a couple pages long and have been running the JB1 for a couple months now on my AWD RS. Finally got a chance to hit the track the other night to get a couple quarter mile runs in.

I got in 3 runs, each with a different setting...I ran it stock, then +3, then +4 and was able to log the stock and +4 runs (forgot to hit start for the +3 run so no log for that one unfortunately). Was running 93 octane (half-tank) with Royal Purple w/MMT octane boost. No other mods, weather was pretty good, around 70, I'm at sea level if it matters and kept it in Auto S+ w/ traction control off....ran a 13.1, 12.9 and 12.8

It felt good, but from everything I been reading here, and from the SOTP feel of +4 over stock during normal driving, I was definitely hoping for better. Really cant wait to try out the JB4 now so I can get some better (more detailed) logs and see if there's any improvements.

Time Slips and Logs:
Looking at your time slips, my car wasn't off, it was at least 20f degrees warmer and Route 66 raceway is 632 feet above sea level. I ran a 13.00 @ 106 jb1 set at +4 with a 1.99 60ft time. I do have a stillen exhaust. I also had a little over half tank of gas with a bottle of nos race octane booster.
(#1022)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedMoreBoost
Hey Terry, just to clarify, is the plan to release the JB4 today? Because I've been sitting here switching back between the q50 and tunes section on the burgertuning website for the better half of an hour now lol
Jason@BMS is working on updating the site to add the JB4 upgrade option to the Q50 page, and then we'll put 25 kits in stock, and I'll post here when they are available.

Burger Motorsports

(#1023)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 09-26-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I went pretty aggressive with the DWP at the track...had it set to 10 for the +3 & +4 runs
Maybe next time with higher octane fuel go for +5psi on your RS
(#1024)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 09-26-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Jason@BMS is working on updating the site to add the JB4 upgrade option to the Q50 page, and then we'll put 25 kits in stock, and I'll post here when they are available.
Terry is this for customers to upgrade to jb4 now? Or is it for testers??

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#1025)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 09-27-2017, 05:38 AM

Quote:

Sorry, i think i misread your post. Got confused since +5 is the highest on Map6 as well.

The requested (target) boost will be made depending on certain conditions, but it'll be odd if you did WOT runs and it didn't hit +6. What was the ECU_PSI log showing btw? It should log 14.x at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusbetaX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowjoe
+1 I keep stalking the page so I don't miss when they release them.
hey gents, make you don't destroy your keyboard F5 key there

Quote:

Nice runs! Now i'd be curious if jb4 improves anything. At the minimum, i think it improves the 'user and engine experience'