N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3001)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS 400
Default 09-22-2018, 08:48 AM

I just received my Jb4 for my 2017 RS. Anything I need to do since I am running AMS Intakes or will the default maps 1 or 2 be my best choice?
(#3002)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-22-2018, 09:10 AM

I'd start with map1 and if that feels good give map2 a whirl. Nothing special needed!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3003)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-22-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yld2rob
Board says JB4 x55 Rev 3.0

Here you go..
Attachment 79603
It's a JB4 board. You can try holding phone closer to bluetooth adapter to see if that gets it done.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3004)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 09-22-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherk947
I had the same issue, new user, and found that if I put my phone on the brake cover where the unit is it updated without issues.
This has happened to me once or twice - fails upload in the 200’ish range and then the JB4 app retries. I have found that doing firmware upgrades with the engine off but in accessory mode gives me the best results. Placing my iPhone closer to the JB4 also seems to make upload run faster.
(#3005)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 09-22-2018, 10:21 AM

I did try that I put the phone right next to the board. Even tried to load the old firmware V3 same issue. Any other suggestions?
(#3006)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-22-2018, 11:18 AM

It's something with your phone or JB4 mobile adapter. If you need addl help on it you can try asking in the JB4 mobile thread: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742

Burger Motorsports

(#3007)
Old

Car: q50
Default 09-22-2018, 10:19 PM

I have a question -

If I have blue smoke coming out of my exhaust (possibily because I like a lot of boost :D )

Should I replace the PCV valve with a catch can? Whats the downside? Will my turbines have any issues?
(#3008)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 09-23-2018, 07:03 AM

I suggest you take it to the dealer. Blue smoke is usually related to oil blow buy past your rings. That's not good for such a new car.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#3009)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 09-23-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's something with your phone or JB4 mobile adapter. If you need addl help on it you can try asking in the JB4 mobile thread: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742
I uninstalled the JB4 and tried to download the latest firmware again., Same thing. Same error code. So then I tried an older version of the firmware and that worked. Anyone else have a issue uploading the newest firmware with Blutooth and iOS 12?

Last edited by Yld2rob; 09-23-2018 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: spelling
(#3010)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Default 09-23-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherk947
I just received my Jb4 for my 2017 RS. Anything I need to do since I am running AMS Intakes or will the default maps 1 or 2 be my best choice?
Congrats! I’ve been running Map 1 on my 18’ Red Sport. I just installed the AMS intakes and all is good. Missing the massive turbo spool sound from the Stillen intakes...now for sale��

2018 Q50 Red Sport
JB4 w/Map 1
AMS Red Alpha Cold Air Intakes
Tanabe Y-Pipe
(#3011)
Old

Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 09-23-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yld2rob
I uninstalled the JB4 and tried to download the latest firmware again., Same thing. Same error code. So then I tried an older version of the firmware and that worked. Anyone else have a issue uploading the newest firmware with Blutooth and iOS 12?
Happened to me as well but I just kept trying. Then I turned off the Bluetooth in the car so my phone wouldn’t connect to the car and after that it loaded.
(#3012)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 09-23-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50Philly
Congrats! I’ve been running Map 1 on my 18’ Red Sport. I just installed the AMS intakes and all is good. Missing the massive turbo spool sound from the Stillen intakes...now for sale��
Any gain in power? Can you feel an increase or not really? Debating on purchasing one for myself. Its It's a lot of money for not a whole lot of power.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#3013)
Old

Default 09-23-2018, 06:06 PM

less than 5k miles, 4200 to be exact. I need to piston rings as I am waiting for my car engine to be rebuilt by the dealer.

thought it was a PCV valve or some****- turns out you need to wait a few thousand miles & baby the car until you break it in. Wtf? I got a lease and I wanted to push the car asap. YES I did abuse it a bit and had a ton of fun on it, but it sits in traffic 90% of time (nyc) . Out of the 4200 miles I'd say I WOT the car about 200-400 miles ( prolly less ). This is my daily driver and I drive to work in traffic everyday. First my serpentine belt snaps because the manufacturer ****ed up the pulley alignment , now I gotta replace the piston rings? Seriously Infiniti? I thought the car would be more reliable than this. I'll keep you guys updated.
(#3014)
Old

Default 09-24-2018, 04:55 PM

So good news and bad news

The dealer was unable to replicate the issue and we did not see any oil on the turbos or any blue smoke coming out of the exhaust.

HOWEVER

once I put the jb4 back on the car was running fine on map 5. I put the car into map 6 for a pull with a hellcat(smoked him on the dig) and wala- the smoking started again.

I think that adding too much boost for this car is not good and even though I showed you guys my log- I'd like another set of eyes on it. How is it looking?

This is on map 6 I get a 4.5 on pump gas (93 octane).
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-24 19_04_56.csv (8.0 KB, 45 views)
(#3015)
Old

Default 09-24-2018, 05:12 PM

heres a few more datalogs
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-24 19_14_26.csv (7.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-24 19_17_01.csv (5.5 KB, 25 views)
(#3016)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 09-24-2018, 06:11 PM

Max, is that a red sport? Your ecu is requesting alot of boost if thats a SS. Either way I think +9 may be too much. Any mods or running e85?
(#3017)
Old

Default 09-24-2018, 06:18 PM

not a red sport, its a luxe but it has full down p1p3s
(#3018)
Old

Default 09-25-2018, 11:48 AM

@Terry pls help?
(#3019)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 09-25-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlegends
@Terry pls help?
What do you need help with? An engine rebuild? Many have given you advice but you're just not listening. You are running boost levels above what the ecm can handle without a proper tune. JB4 cannot modify your timing or fuel maps. Back off the boost. Simple.
(#3020)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlegends
So good news and bad news

The dealer was unable to replicate the issue and we did not see any oil on the turbos or any blue smoke coming out of the exhaust.

HOWEVER

once I put the jb4 back on the car was running fine on map 5. I put the car into map 6 for a pull with a hellcat(smoked him on the dig) and wala- the smoking started again.

I think that adding too much boost for this car is not good and even though I showed you guys my log- I'd like another set of eyes on it. How is it looking?

This is on map 6 I get a 4.5 on pump gas (93 octane).
Not sure what you're asking help for with but I don't like that map6 at all. Drop down to map5 or map2.

Burger Motorsports

(#3021)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RS
Default 09-29-2018, 02:09 PM

Hi, I just got a JB4 for my 2018 RS with 2900 miles. I installed it today, and went out for a few quick runs. Attached are my logs. I want to know if my car is taking well to the JB4. I'm running map 1. BTW it was pretty hot today, 90+ Florida. Thanks for any useful feedback.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-29 15_26_31.csv (4.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-29 15_40_24.csv (4.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-29 15_42_17.csv (4.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-29 16_21_44.csv (4.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-29 16_22_31.csv (5.0 KB, 13 views)
(#3022)
Old

Car: '18 Q50 Red Sport 400
Default 09-29-2018, 02:30 PM

So I was under the impression that, at default, Map 3 was equal to JB1. But from what Terry said above it sounds like that's NOT the case. Since I received my JB4 ive been using it with my RS400 with Map 3. Have I essentially not been running with any increase in boost?
(#3023)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-29-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate0490
So I was under the impression that, at default, Map 3 was equal to JB1. But from what Terry said above it sounds like that's NOT the case. Since I received my JB4 ive been using it with my RS400 with Map 3. Have I essentially not been running with any increase in boost?
Map3 is like Stage1, where you set the fixed boost value manually under boost safety on the user adjustment page.

Burger Motorsports

(#3024)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-29-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichE
Hi, I just got a JB4 for my 2018 RS with 2900 miles. I installed it today, and went out for a few quick runs. Attached are my logs. I want to know if my car is taking well to the JB4. I'm running map 1. BTW it was pretty hot today, 90+ Florida. Thanks for any useful feedback.
Runs are short but looks fine to me!

Burger Motorsports

(#3025)
Old

Car: '18 Q50 Red Sport 400
Default 09-29-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Map3 is like Stage1, where you set the fixed boost value manually under boost safety on the user adjustment page.
Ha! Here I was already impressed and it apparently was still stock.

The AMS intakes must have been what is making the acceleration snappier. I just just a drive to bestbuy with Map 1 and had a smile the whole time.

What determines if I can run Map 2? I'm on 93 oct with just the intakes at the moment. Z1 Lower Downpip3s getting installed this week.

Would you recommend sending in logs? I'm guessing that would allow you guys to recommend levels for Map 3?