N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Shift Sector 4/29/18 Results Thread - 04-29-2018, 07:53 PM

Hey guys,

Just got back after another long day of driving and racing. Weather was great and everyone had a good time. Nice BMW turnout also! There were tons of cars flying around I didn't get a chance to see traps on so hopefully people can chime in with their results.

I raced our 2015 M5 with JB4, BMS intake, BMS WMI, and a new set of drag radials. Managed a best of 162.5mph at around 28psi peak. Overall really pleased with the car. Wanted to work on an S63TU BEF at the event but the tools aren't ready yet. Next time. This same car in the same trim ran a best of 169.9mph at NFZ to give you an idea of the differences between the tracks. More on that in the second post.

Log of M5's best run:
Name:  m5_log.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  48.9 KB

Jason took our 2015 M3 and killed it with a best of 167.8mph. The car is running Pure Stage2 turbos (first gens), JB4, our BEF loaded via MHD, BMS intake, BMS chagepipes, BMS WMI, ER ***** with full factory exhaust, drag radials. Peak boost was around 34psi and peak timing around 11 degrees.

Log of M3's best run:
Name:  m3_log.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  48.9 KB

Payam brought his 2008 335 MT single turbo running an ACF bottom mount kit, port injection, JB4, and more or less every mod you can get. The car ran well in spurts but struggled with trans issues and some fueling issues. Best trap was only 161mph at 27psi... We know the car is good for 170mph+ once the issues are sorted. He was also testing our new JB4 anti-bog logic and reported awesome shifts.. When the trans let him in gear.

Jon raced our 2009 335 MT running pure Stage2 hybrid turbos, Fuel-IT fuel system, JB4, Phoenix Race IC, stock exhaust/midcats, etc. Killed it with a best of 163mph at around 27psi. He also reported awesome shifting with the new JB4 anti-bog logic.

Log of E92's best run:
Name:  e92_log.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  58.7 KB

Ando brought our Q50 but in typical Ando fashion, something happened on the way to the track and by the time he went to do runs it had some sort of major boost leak. Would not make over 6psi even fully stock. He tried to find the problem but wasn't able to, probably will have to put it on a lift and poke around. Made for good moral support though.

We had quite few customers and friends out racing too. I'll let them share their own results.

Hope our white 135i is finally ready for the next event!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-29-2018, 07:54 PM

Reserved here to share some interesting dragy times. A few of us ran them and found it to be spot on in the 1/2 mile. Within .5mph each time, which is pretty good considering there is some variation on where you lineup to start the runs. I'll add some slips and the corresponding dragy slips here.

For example:

Official slip:
#211 (Race ID: 6051 @ 2018-04-29 5:37), 161.99 mph

Dragy:
Name:  Screenshot_20180429-140753.png
Views: 727
Size:  109.0 KB

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-29-2018, 07:57 PM

Solid...good to see everyone getting in good passes and great trap speeds.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#4)
Old

Car: 540i G30
Default 04-29-2018, 08:13 PM

Curious about the draggy vs actual times..... when you are racing at the 1/2 mile event, does the 1/2 mile start from where you start or a 1/2 mile once you pass the cones or green light...?
(#5)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i
Default 04-29-2018, 08:32 PM

howdy people lol, I was racing the blue 335i in first pic. was fighting misfire in cyl.6 all day but managed to get it fixed was able to trap 163.6 on 22-23 psi. Then tried to turn boost up to 27psi and trans decided it wasn't having it boo! setup it simple jpworkz 6266 gen1, phenix racing intercooler, race gas, meth, stage 2 fuel it, charge pipe and exhaust. hope to find a solution for tranny and let her eat lol.. previous best was a 169. car is stock block/ trans. Glad to have Terry there to look over logs.
(#6)
Old

Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 04-30-2018, 07:10 AM

Nice work!

🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
(#7)
Old
Administrator

Car: M340i,X5,Raptor,C7 ZR1
Default 04-30-2018, 09:09 AM

I had fun racing as always. The M3 is running great.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-30-2018, 03:05 PM

Had a great time at Shift Sector, the weather was PERFECT. I got a chance to do some shift bog testing with the 335i. Unfortunately I think it's time for a new transmission lol.

After all the abuse It wouldn't let me fast shift into second or even shift into it at some points. I was mostly doing slow shifts into second to get some good traps but didn't even try for records.

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

Last edited by Payam @ BMS; 04-30-2018 at 04:27 PM..
(#9)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 05-01-2018, 01:10 AM

Is this a standing half mile?
Or a rollout then a half mile?
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-01-2018, 06:11 AM

Standing half

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-01-2018, 08:23 AM

I know Jon @ BMS took some good photos, let's see them!

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Car: 135i m-sport
Default 2012 135i - 05-01-2018, 03:24 PM

Overall the car did well. Over 96K on the motor! Need to work on the fueling as pressure was dropping and throwing safety map at 70 additive. Couldn't run over 60 additive.
Attached Images

2012 135i M-Sport, JB4 with Meth, Pure Turbos Stage 2.
(#13)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 05-01-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Standing half
Good to know.
Means I can compare a local event which is actually a standing 1km, but they also measure trap and ET at the half mile

Fastest BMW there was a 335i (with RBs I think) that ran 155mph (252kmh) in the half.
https://racewars.com.au/Event/Result..._1000_MTR_DRAG
(#14)
Old
Administrator

Default 05-01-2018, 07:29 PM

A couple photos from the event.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-01-2018, 08:43 PM

Love those photos Jon, thanks again!

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 05-02-2018, 08:13 AM

Great looking cars out there!

Payam, is this the blue E90 with nearly 300K on the motor? That's amazing to me. Hope my 135i is ready--300,000 miles here we come!

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-02-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000
Great looking cars out there!

Payam, is this the blue E90 with nearly 300K on the motor? That's amazing to me. Hope my 135i is ready--300,000 miles here we come!
No, that was my other black e90. Sold that to my buddy, still running strong as his daily at 20 psi LOL!

This motor has like 40k on it :D

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 05-02-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
No, that was my other black e90. Sold that to my buddy, still running strong as his daily at 20 psi LOL!

This motor has like 40k on it :D
Impressive nonetheless. I recall you saying you thought your motor was done because of some smoking issues in past threads, is the engine that replaced that one? Or is this the "tired" engine you speak of with only 40k on it?

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF
(#19)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-02-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000
Impressive nonetheless. I recall you saying you thought your motor was done because of some smoking issues in past threads, is the engine that replaced that one? Or is this the "tired" engine you speak of with only 40k on it?
That one blew a while ago. I did about 60k miles of ST testing an lots of 7-800whp street and dyno pulls.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Car: 2007 335i e90
Default 05-03-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon @ BMS
A couple photos from the event.
Hey, what size rims and what tires are you running on the E90?
(#21)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-03-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnk1015
Hey, what size rims and what tires are you running on the E90?
E90 is running:

Fronts Kosei K1 17x8.5 et40 225/45/17
Rears Forgestar F14 15x10 et22 275/50/15 Nitto Nt555R

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Default 05-03-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
E90 is running:

damn those are some high end stuff
(#23)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 05-03-2018, 10:10 PM

Wagon opened a can on the BMS M3?

https://youtu.be/gtiHILHUqHs

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
Wagon opened a can on the BMS M3?

https://youtu.be/gtiHILHUqHs
Half the runs Jason was not even flooring the car until 3rd gear due to poor traction. It's mainly a traps race these days. Didn't see wagon run but if it's was in the 160s then may have been a close race.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old

Default 05-05-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
E90 is running:

How the heck did you get a set of Forgestar F14 in 15x10 with ET22????