N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default Was driving, doing some pulls and got complete loss of boost. - 02-25-2021, 07:04 PM

As the title says, was driving and doing some pulls. Suddenly i had zero boost, couldnt build boost at all. I looked at the log but couldnt really tell what the cause was. I assumed my wategate was stuck open so i couldnt build boost at all, i did have the "lagfix" setting set to 80 which i have now reset to zero. Left the car off for 30 mins and drove it again, no issues.

If someone could check the log that would be great. i think the issue starts around 1536 timestamp.

EDIT: i have attached a new log as i did some pulls after work and it seems fine to me now but if someone could check that would be great.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R12_210226_0901.csv (372.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: csv New Log.csv (218.4 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by reldas; 02-25-2021 at 11:57 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 02-25-2021, 07:47 PM

This reply won't help... but I can't see anything. 90% of the time it's over boost, too much E, or HPFP crashes, none seem to apply here. The only thing I can add is on your 2nd, 3rd,4th and 5th pull, plug 5 looks bad, huge timing variation. Terry might have to chime in
(#3)
Old

Default 02-25-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
This reply won't help... but I can't see anything. 90% of the time it's over boost, too much E, or HPFP crashes, none seem to apply here. The only thing I can add is on your 2nd, 3rd,4th and 5th pull, plug 5 looks bad, huge timing variation. Terry might have to chime in

damn thats a brand new plug from burger....

JB4 never went into a safety mode and no error codes either.

Last edited by reldas; 02-25-2021 at 08:42 PM..
(#4)
Old

Default 02-26-2021, 05:05 AM

I'm sure the plug came from BMS fine. Double check gap, is it torqued properly, did you crack it accidentally going in, is the coil pack pushed down all the way? Again this is probably not why the car went into limp though but Terry would know better.
(#5)
Old

Default 02-26-2021, 06:26 AM

i posted a new log on my original post, car seems to be running fine now. Did some hard pulls tonight and no issues, no timing variation at all. Might of been a spot of bad fuel? i dont know but its running fine now.
(#6)
Old

Car: 2021 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 03-30-2021, 08:53 PM

Just curious, what year is you Stinger GT is it AWD? I have a 2021 and I’ve been having the same issues since I added the catback exhaust.
It is worse when using paddle shifters.
Injen intakes it never happened.
I put new HKS plugs in prepping for JB4, but I’m getting the sense that this car is super protected or something. Perhaps the 2021’s have stricter regulations, I’m lost: hopefully the JB4 will allow it to not go in limp mode all the time.
Frustrating
(#7)
Old

Default 03-31-2021, 05:13 AM

I have a 19. I will tell you I've limped my car a dozen times, it's part of the tuning game. It's a good thing because if it didn't, things would break. Anytime you bolt something new on, the computer has to learn, rebuild adaptives and new tables. It's not uncommon.
(#8)
Old

Car: G70
Default 03-31-2021, 08:24 AM

Set the lagfix back to 0.

I get the same issue and it is because of the lagfix. It will do it like 1 out of 5 pulls randomly. Terry is working on a fix right now.

Set it back to 0 and go do another log. Also, set your logging to 90% throttle/3 seconds. that way you don't get log sheets with a ton of useless data. When you log make sure you do all of 3rd gear or 4th gear. Both gears up to 100 mph at 100 throttle is best.
(#9)
Old

Car: 2021 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 04-02-2021, 08:28 PM

Just installed the JB4 a ran map 1 tonight and no limp mode! Will try map 2 tomm. May try some Boostane with 93 octane mix
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2021, 03:08 PM

EWG connectors installed? If so FF appears to be set too high. The default is 50.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.