N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 320i F30
Default B48 Firmware 14 - 10-08-2019, 09:13 AM

Hi folks,

I have installed a JB4 in my BMW 320i B48 with 184hp. I have run this with firmware 11 for some month now. I started with map 1, then 2 and finally switched to map 6 with nearly flat 4.5 psi additive boost. This worked pretty well.

Yesterday I updated to firmware 14. The result is map 1, 2 3 and 6 with my 4.5 additive boost feels all the same, really similar like switching the JB4 to map 0. All if the power has gone.

Then I had a look to my JB4 mobile and I have seen that oil and water temperature are showing massive false value (see schreenshots attached).

Is it possible the JB4 fails back to map 4 due to this false values? Or is it just not compatible with b48 engines from firmware 14.

Has anyone an idea?
Attached Images

(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-08-2019, 11:29 AM

Do you have any logs for us to look at?
Map 0 and map 1?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 10-09-2019, 03:08 AM

I have attached you several logs I have written this morning, one in with each mapping 0, 1, 2 and 6.

Thanks for your help in adavance
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-10-09 07_50_16_Map-0.csv (6.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv 2019-10-09 07_52_35_Map-1.csv (5.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv 2019-10-09 07_53_10_Map-2.csv (6.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 2019-10-09 07_54_59_Map-6.csv (6.7 KB, 5 views)
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2019, 02:04 PM

Looks like this firmware isn't compatible with your model so just go back to v11.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 10-09-2019, 10:02 PM

Thank you Terry. Is this something you might be able to resolve in one of the next versions or is the b48 engine now falling out of the supported engines list?
(#6)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 10-10-2019, 08:00 AM

I had the same problem with the gauges in app just last week. FW v14. It cleared up after rebooting my phone. Clearly, the inputs were showing on the wrong gauges. Very odd.
(#7)
Old

Default 10-10-2019, 10:22 AM

I just tried rebooting my phone but the gauges still show faulty values.

My main problem is that firmware 14 does not work with my b48 320i. All maps deliver the same boost, which I believe is BMW default.

I now switched back to firmware 11 and this is working as expected. I will try to get a log from my map 6 the next days to ensure everything runs fine .
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2019, 03:06 PM

It's plausible that some of the more advanced commands we added for the new models are just not supported on the older 320i models. Without a car here to confirm it's difficult so we'll have to wait for one to turn up and go from there. Until then the v11 is actually the current production firmware shipped on all new JB4 models still.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 10-11-2019, 05:34 AM

Thanks a lot for the information Terry.