N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#476)
Old

Car: 2020 Mazda 6 Signature
Default 09-14-2021, 04:43 AM

Hi,

I was just wondering why the v1 harness doesn't have a MAF sensor connection? Is it unnecessary for those models or is it just still under development?
(#477)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2021, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turki
Hi,

I was just wondering why the v1 harness doesn't have a MAF sensor connection? Is it unnecessary for those models or is it just still under development?
Hasn't been developed yet as they use a different MAF sensor than V2.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#478)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2021, 12:43 PM

I made a few MAF tuning changes for those running V2 systems (Mazda3) you guys can test. Seems like fuel bias = 25 across the board (current default values) are working best with it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#479)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 09-14-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I made a few MAF tuning changes for those running V2 systems
Im scheduled for dyno on thursday. Can upload map and run the numbers if you want (im running 92 pump gas)
(#480)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2021, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
Im scheduled for dyno on thursday. Can upload map and run the numbers if you want (im running 92 pump gas)
Load it up now and shoot over a log!

Burger Motorsports

(#481)
Old

Default 09-14-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Load it up now and shoot over a log!
Cant im doing the grind.... Off at 6pm pst which probably wont do you any good until tomorrow
(#482)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Cant im doing the grind.... Off at 6pm pst which probably wont do you any good until tomorrow
OK you can test either one as needed.

Burger Motorsports

(#483)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2021, 01:11 PM

Promoted Mazda to it's own n54tech forum!

Burger Motorsports

(#484)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2021, 03:51 PM

Found out a handful of V2 systems in the last batch were missing a trace on the board which may cause a fault when the MAF connection is installed. So if you have a mystery fault or are doing a new install check the board and let me know if you need us to swap it for you. Note this does not apply to V1 systems.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#485)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 2.5T AWD
Default 09-14-2021, 04:21 PM

I sent you some logs with the latest firmware both 25 and 30 fuel bias, but I also have the newer V2 PCB without the solder junction, so I'm uncertain if they will be of any value. Thanks for catching the part defect! (No CEL here with MAF attached)
(#486)
Old

Car: 2021 Maxda 3 2.5T AWD PP
Default 09-14-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Found out a handful of V2 systems in the last batch were missing a trace on the board which may cause a fault when the MAF connection is installed. So if you have a mystery fault or are doing a new install check the board and let me know if you need us to swap it for you. Note this does not apply to V1 systems.

I have one of the boards missing the trace. I took a picture if needed. How do I go about getting a proper board?

Josh
Nashville TN & Algonquin, IL
2021 Mazda 3 2.5T AWD Premium Plus Hatchback (Poly Metal)
Mods: None as of yet.

2006 Mazda Miata Sport (Red Copper Mica)
Mods: Many interior, Exterior and Performance changes.
(#487)
Old

Default 09-14-2021, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirtic
I have one of the boards missing the trace. I took a picture if needed. How do I go about getting a proper board?
I sent a picture of the PCB with my address to terry@burgertuning.com and we're all set.

Last edited by JGamb; 09-14-2021 at 06:12 PM..
(#488)
Old

Default 09-14-2021, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGamb
I sent a picture of the PCB with my address to terry@burgerturning.com and we're all set.

Thanks. Email sent.

Josh

(#489)
Old

Default 09-14-2021, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirtic
Thanks. Email sent.
Oops - edited a typo on the email, just in case you copy/pasta'ed
(#490)
Old

Default 09-14-2021, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Oops - edited a typo on the email, just in case you copy/pasta'ed
No worries.... Figured it out.

Josh

(#491)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2021, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I sent you some logs with the latest firmware both 25 and 30 fuel bias, but I also have the newer V2 PCB without the solder junction, so I'm uncertain if they will be of any value. Thanks for catching the part defect! (No CEL here with MAF attached)
Different things. The missing trace just may trigger a code randomly but would not cause any tuning differences if no code is triggered.

Burger Motorsports

(#492)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 GTR
Default 09-15-2021, 11:56 AM

Any tips or tricks on how to get the MAF sensor in without removing the bumper? Was thinking maybe I could go through the skid plate. If anyone has posted videos on YT that would be wonderful!
(#493)
Old

Default 09-15-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedfool94
Any tips or tricks on how to get the MAF sensor in without removing the bumper? Was thinking maybe I could go through the skid plate. If anyone has posted videos on YT that would be wonderful!
Wait what? Removing the bumper? Did i plug something in wrong? I did not remove my bumper. Only thing i removed was the plastic top plate....
(#494)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 GTR
Default 09-15-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Wait what? Removing the bumper? Did i plug something in wrong? I did not remove my bumper. Only thing i removed was the plastic top plate....
Sorry the second MAP sensor, not the MAF sensor. and on Mazda 3's it seems easy to reach. On the CX lines it is much harder to reach unless you remove the bumper. It is on the passenger side of the intercooler.
(#495)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo Carbon Edition
Default 09-15-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedfool94
Sorry the second MAP sensor, not the MAF sensor. and on Mazda 3's it seems easy to reach. On the CX lines it is much harder to reach unless you remove the bumper. It is on the passenger side of the intercooler.
I'm a big fan of removing the bumper for the install but I guess not everyone trusts themselves to remove everything needed for that.

There is this video but I'm not a fan of the method. Mazda CX-5 Turbo 2nd Map Sensor harness removal tip for JB4 install - YouTube

Do you have any specific concerns when it comes to removing the bumper? What is your experience with turning an automotive wrench?
(#496)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatch, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Default 09-15-2021, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I made a few MAF tuning changes for those running V2 systems (Mazda3) that I could use feedback and logs on. I'd be curious to see logs on the default fuel bias = 25 values, and also with fuel bias set to 30 across the board.

Firmware is updated via the app for those who want to help test it out.
Where do I need to adjust the bias settings? Anything else I need to adjust in relation? What change of behavior should I be looking for?

2021 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback in Black
2021 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback in White
2007 Mazda RX-8
(#497)
Old

Default 09-15-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeBen
Where do I need to adjust the bias settings? Anything else I need to adjust in relation? What change of behavior should I be looking for?
Settings > Advanced > JB4 Tuning (User Adjustment Settings) > middle column "Fuel Bias", starting at 3000 RPM. It's a Mass Airflow scalar, per Terry. Typically when you "lie" to the MAF, you're either increasing or decreasing sensitivity to the 5V heated filament that measures rates of cooling vs circumference of the intake tract - which calculates metered airflow.
(#498)
Old

Car: Mazda3 Turbo Premium Plus Hatch
Default 09-15-2021, 05:51 PM

I finally got the CEL P061B. I checked and found the MAF connector doesn’t click into place, so I just made sure it was made sure it was as seated as I could get it and cleared the code using the JB4 app. Took all of about 2 minutes and everything is fine again. Just sent in my logs with the BETA update
(#499)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda Cx-30 Turbo
Default 09-15-2021, 10:27 PM

Is it possible to run map 2 on 91?? or ONLY 93+. Kinda a dumb question i know, but just curious
(#500)
Old

Default 09-16-2021, 07:12 AM

Yep, i run it on 92 pump gas all day every day