N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 bmw 135i
Default n54 log review - 04-18-2020, 05:57 PM

I have DP, FMIC, 3" straight exhaust No C*t, CAI, 2 step coldr NGK laser iridium plugs, BEF pump,

1. Can I run some ethanol mixture and adjust the content threw jb4 without flex it sensor.
2. does it look like I have enough fuel pump without upgrading.
3. it says that with BEF boost values are different then on steering wheel control diagram what are the boost values?/Can they be adjusted?
4. I have been running just MHD flash tunes because I had the older jb4 so are there other functions or adjustments that I should know about when setting up I have the main functions whats on the steering wheel controls but can I adjust AFR with my laptop hooked up I see a E85% on the bottom of the logging screen can that be adjusted then just mix like 2G E85 with 8G pump 93 and fatten up the AFR

Any help is appreciated thanks Name:  log pic 1.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  log pic 2.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  50.1 KB

log2.csv

log4_18_2020.csv
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 04-19-2020, 09:18 AM

Hey,

The logs look okay.

It sounds like you are looking to add a little e85, a lot of our users add e85 when using the pump flash- blends up to around e30/40 are usually okay. However that all depends on the health of your HPFP / LPFP- those weaknesses aren’t usually shown until you try adding a bit.

I’d start by adding 2-3 gallons of e, and monitor your fuel pressure, AFR & Timing

Also- enable 6cyl logging under user adjustments for your next round of logs & we have updated firmware if you are so inclined

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2008 bmw 135i
Default 04-19-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Hey,

The logs look okay.

It sounds like you are looking to add a little e85, a lot of our users add e85 when using the pump flash- blends up to around e30/40 are usually okay. However that all depends on the health of your HPFP / LPFP- those weaknesses arenít usually shown until you try adding a bit.

Iíd start by adding 2-3 gallons of e, and monitor your fuel pressure, AFR & Timing

Also- enable 6cyl logging under user adjustments for your next round of logs & we have updated firmware if you are so inclined
As Far as updating the firmware I Just received my new JB4 I had the old one that didn't work with MHD BEF so I ordered it from BMS do I need to cut the diode before I update being its brand new or has that part been removed?
also should I do anything with the area that has an options tab right above the 6cyl logging because I looked threw them and was a little confused by a couple.
I was watching the E85 number and AFR last night did a couple more logs and it seems at WOT with about 35% E85 I was running 12.* AFR that seems a little lean and it started to up the timing to about 6Deg. ill attach another log thank you.Name:  LOG 5 PIC.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  46.4 KB

April 18 2020_LOG 5.csv

Last edited by turbotuning; 04-19-2020 at 11:15 AM..