N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3951)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 04-17-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Pete
I just got a fire tablet, only used for MHD and Protool. MHD connects to the car fine, when I try to do a BEF it cant find the .bin file thats in local storage. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Did u unzip the files first?
(#3952)
Old

Car: 17 GTI
Default 04-17-2020, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellaboyla
Did u unzip the files first?
Yes loaded a Winzip app on the tablet, theres kindle, cloud, and local storage which is where it is. But cant get to it through MHD
(#3953)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 04-17-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Pete
Yes loaded a Winzip app on the tablet, theres kindle, cloud, and local storage which is where it is. But cant get to it through MHD
Should be local storage/download/jb4maps
(#3954)
Old

Car: 2008 bmw 135i
Default Heres a log Can anyone look them over give me some feedback - 04-18-2020, 03:39 PM

N54 DP, CAI, 3" exhaust no C*t, pump BEF, NGK Laser iridium 2 steps colder Gapped .018, Catch can, FMIC, running 93oct.
These are my first two logs I just received my JB4 G5 before I had the first model so I was running MHD Stage 2 with JB4 disabled because I guess the old did not support BEF the stage 2 MHD seemed more aggressive. Im not sure what the values of the Maps are with BEF I was reading gauge diagram and was not sure what it means at the bottom of the the chart it said values with BEF are changed? so basically im inexperienced with the JB4 BEF I looked over the logs and AFR seems ok is there a way for me to set up the JB4 for a certain amount of Ethanol I see a E85 on the bottom of my logging screen I would like to run maybe 40% if possible with stock fuel pump and if I cant I will probably get the WMI kit. any help is appreciated. hopefully my logs post and this this thread is the right one to post to. thanks log4_18_2020.csv

log2.csv

Name:  log pic 1.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  log pic 2.jpg
Views: 1282
Size:  50.1 KB

Last edited by turbotuning; 04-18-2020 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: log picture insert
(#3955)
Old

Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 04-18-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotuning
Heres a log Can anyone look them over give me some feedback
Wrong section. Try posting in the support section.
(#3956)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-04-2020, 01:32 PM

If I'm running MMP-E 1k turbos with PI and E70-E85 (varies depending on which station I fill up at) which map should I flash? I'm doing this for testing purposes but I'm curious what difference there is between these tunes:
- IJE0S_HYBRID_E85_PI file
- IJE0S_GC2_E85_PI file

Thanks!

Engine/Drivetrain Modifications:
Trebila tune, xHP stg3, BMS OCC, BMS DCI, VSRF ceramic 3", ER Charge Pipe w/ Forge DVs, AMS Intercooler, Fuel-It Stg3+ LPFP, Pheonix Intake W/ PI, MMPe 1k's

Suspension:
Front & Rear 1M/M3 control arms & Subframe Bushings, MFactory YCW coils w/ Swift Springs

Exhaust:
Berk Street Performance Axle-back w/ straight Midpipes
(#3957)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 05-05-2020, 12:03 AM

Hi all,

i noticed some differences in the files between IKMOS, I8AOS etc

there's Hybrid Race flash file for I8A0S but not for the IKMOS.. Any input?

For Hybrids on IKMOS platform without Port Injection, what file should we be running then?
(#3958)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Exclamation New to JB4 - 05-08-2020, 05:01 PM

So, I just installed JB4 and a backend flash via MHD and I am having a few issues. The blinkers stay solidly lit, and flash at me every now and then, when they flash the gauges sweep some times 1-3 times. Also, the acceleration is really choppy, almost like its cutting power. I am running the N54 race gas backend flash and map 5. Any thoughts? I have already tried to reflash the tune a couple times.
(#3959)
Old

Car: 2011 e93 335is
Default 05-14-2020, 09:35 AM

I will be installing the 3.5 bar map sensor soon. Do I need to check the boxes for the new map sensor in both the jb4 and mhd for the be,f or just the jb4, or just one or the other?

Thanks in advance.
(#3960)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 05-15-2020, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritter
I will be installing the 3.5 bar map sensor soon. Do I need to check the boxes for the new map sensor in both the jb4 and mhd for the be,f or just the jb4, or just one or the other?

Thanks in advance.
Just in the JB4 , make sure its not selected in the MHD options

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#3961)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 05-15-2020, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley Cyr
So, I just installed JB4 and a backend flash via MHD and I am having a few issues. The blinkers stay solidly lit, and flash at me every now and then, when they flash the gauges sweep some times 1-3 times. Also, the acceleration is really choppy, almost like its cutting power. I am running the N54 race gas backend flash and map 5. Any thoughts? I have already tried to reflash the tune a couple times.
make sure to set your JB4 settings to default, you can post your screen shot of jb4 settings on the support section

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#3962)
Old

Car: E88 n54
Default 05-27-2020, 01:25 PM

Fairly new to the N54 I’ve got a 2008 135i e88 and I’ve installed
bms dci
3” ***** *********
Stepped intercooler
Charge pipe with tail bov
Jb4
And I’m currently trying to do a Mhd bef with iOS I just can’t seem to get the map template I’ve downloaded from here to show in the Mhd load a BEF I’ve brought the vin licence any help or advice would be much appreciated
Many thanks
Geoff
(#3963)
Old

Car: 08 535i 6spd
Default 06-08-2020, 05:18 AM

I just installed my stage 2 LPFP so I can use E85. If I am planning on running E40-E50 Should I use the RACE or E85 MHD BEF?

Dayton, Ohio
2008 E60 535i 6speed Sport Suspension
JB4, MHD BEF, DCI, D0wnp1pes, 7" VRSF FMIC, CP and BOV, H20/Meth Injection, Stage 2 LPFP, OCC
(#3964)
Old

Car: 08 E90 335i
Default 06-08-2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tks535i
I just installed my stage 2 LPFP so I can use E85. If I am planning on running E40-E50 Should I use the RACE or E85 MHD BEF?
E85 BEF

08 E90 335i - MONTEGO BLUE - JB4/MHD E85 BEF
BMS DCI - BMS OCC - NRW CARBON COWL FILTERS
MMP CHARGEPIPE - TIAL BOV - VRSF 7.5” RACE FMIC
VRSF DP’s - VRSF INLETS - VRSF OUTLETS
BMS PEDAL TUNER - RB PCV VALVE - 3.5 BAR TMAP
NGK 97506 @.022 - PFS STAGE 2 LPFP - H&R SPRINGS
SPOOL PERFORMANCE ETHANOL ANALYZER
MISHIMOTO 25 ROW OIL COOLER
BMS SPORT OIL COOLER VALVE - NRW V1 PADDLES
MISHIMOTO 15 ROW TRANSMISSION COOLER
19” 666m WHEELS - HANKOOK VENTUS V12 EVO 2’s
(#3965)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 135i
Lightbulb 06-08-2020, 10:42 AM

Just wanted to share my experience performing a BEF using WinKFP and the help of the bimmerlabs project.

If you have a working D-CAN cable, a functional install of WinKFP, and are comfortable doing this kind of stuff I would definitely recommend this method.

The general steps go like:
  • Get your project setup on bimmerlabs
  • Read the help section and make sure your WinKFP is setup correctly
  • Upload the BEF tune you'd like to use and download the converted file and the RSA Delete
  • Put JB4 on Map 0
  • Hook up the car to a battery charger
  • Flash the RSA Delete 0pa (~15-20 minutes for me)
  • Flash the BEF 0da (~ minute)
  • Put JB4 in BEF mode / desired map / and enjoy

Thanks!
(#3966)
Old

Car: 335i E90 LCI A/T
Default 06-08-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley Cyr
im experiencing a very similar problem, from what ive read so far. Seems to be a power issue to the JB4.read power supply wire might be the culprit. car runs fine under normal throttle, gauges sweep every 10 seconds with both turn signals on and flashing intermittingly.
(#3967)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagerelite_N54
im experiencing a very similar problem, from what ive read so far. Seems to be a power issue to the JB4.read power supply wire might be the culprit. car runs fine under normal throttle, gauges sweep every 10 seconds with both turn signals on and flashing intermittingly.
Send in a log and lets check it out, sure nothing else is on the CANbus system or OBDII port?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3968)
Old

Car: 335i E90 LCI A/T
Default 06-10-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Send in a log and lets check it out, sure nothing else is on the CANbus system or OBDII port?
Terry I just posted a new thread on the support and logs section, I uploaded some screenshots of what I think are important settings and log graph as well thanks for the support.
(#3969)
Old

Car: vw passat
Default 06-13-2020, 12:21 PM

terry are you going to add the hpfp vcv tables and bin modifications to the bef's?
thanks
(#3970)
Old

Car: BMW 335I N54
Default 06-28-2020, 07:24 AM

will the BEFs get updatedat some point..or are they as good as they can be for an OTS tune

E92 N54 2007 (kline)
ER Chargepipe + TIAL BOV with 1/4" tapped manifold , MMP IN & OUTlets, Chargepipe CM10 nozzle with 93% Ethanol(soon going pure meth) , JB4 MHD custom map 6, Shell Vpower 100 , D.P + straightpipes, 5" stepped wagner FMIC , 0.5 mm NGK 95770

öhlins shocks & springs , M3 swaybar front & other M3 bits, PCV lowside: Misimoto ccan Ext RB blocked ports, highside: BMS ccan , Solid Diff Brace, 20" wheels,Android HU,
(#3971)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-16-2020, 06:04 PM

Having trouble with the jb4 app on my pixel 3a, just purchased the app, when I attempt to download firmware for my jb4 I get "network error"

I downloaded it via a broswer but the jb4 app does not see the file and does not let me browse to it

what is the location I need to move the hex file to?
(#3972)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2020, 03:05 PM

This is the BEF thread, post for help in the JB4 mobile forum.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3973)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic335IM3
will the BEFs get updatedat some point..or are they as good as they can be for an OTS tune
I make minor changes from time to time but they are pretty good starting points now as is. And always unlocked so you can modify and change as you or your tuner see fit!

Burger Motorsports

(#3974)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 08-05-2020, 07:32 PM

Hi, does anyone have an IJE0S BIN file with the DTCs turned off for 29F4 and 29F5 due to ********* ***? I'm looking to avoid dong a full tune, and just want to turn off the CEL due to those ***.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing.

'09 335i Alpine White + Coral Red

FBO+PTF, BBS LM-R, Ohlins coilovers, M3 front + rear arms & sways, CPS CF lip, PE mod+quad Cyba tips, Synapse BOV, EU LCI tails, OSS V2, LED front/sides, BMW Perf. SSK/knob/boot/ebrake/V1 electronic steering wheel/OEM CF trim
(#3975)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default Single Turbo Twin Scroll BEF - 09-04-2020, 07:48 AM

Hope I'm not asking a question that's already been answered. I searched the thread, but didn't find what I was looking for.

What are the differences between the ST Twin Scroll & Non-Twin Scroll BEF's?

What would happen if you ran the Non-TS BEF with a TS turbo, and vise versa?