N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default Best BEF paired with JB4 - 02-14-2017, 10:03 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for some input on BEF's. I know there are a handful out there, i am just looking for input/guidance. I've read a little about MHD and DME, I didn't do a ton of research but it looks like DME is throwing out some really good numbers and has a few more options.... any input would be helpful.

15' M4 : JB4 : BMS intake : Meisterhaft full exhaust : AR DP's : MSR Charge ***** : H&R Sport Springs / 08' E92 335i : Montego Blue : JB4-G5 : DCI : BMSMeth : BMSoilCC : VRSF DP's : VRSF Front Mount : 19" Vertini Magic : Bridgestone RE-11 : Carbon CSL Trunk Lip : MtechRearBumper : Mtech FrontBumper
(#2)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 02-16-2017, 11:39 AM

I use MHD and very happy with it's JB4 integration. Seamless.

2017 AMG C63 - JB4 - 11.69 @ 127 (dragy)
2009 BMW 535i - 548 whp - sold
(#3)
Old

Default 02-16-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
I use MHD and very happy with it's JB4 integration. Seamless.
Thanks for the response. I'm taking a drive down to meet Mo from DME Tuning at Auto Couture this Saturday. He seems very knowledgeable and not to far if I need a reflash or adjustments. I'll give my feed back soon!

15' M4 : JB4 : BMS intake : Meisterhaft full exhaust : AR DP's : MSR Charge ***** : H&R Sport Springs / 08' E92 335i : Montego Blue : JB4-G5 : DCI : BMSMeth : BMSoilCC : VRSF DP's : VRSF Front Mount : 19" Vertini Magic : Bridgestone RE-11 : Carbon CSL Trunk Lip : MtechRearBumper : Mtech FrontBumper
(#4)
Old

Default 02-20-2017, 07:11 PM

So I went down to Auto Couture and met with DME Tuning on Saturday. DME performed the backend flash and Auto Couture flashed the DCT and coded the car. I highly recommend DME for the backend flash, the car is without a doubt stronger and more consistent, He knows his BMW's and is super helpful when you need to dial in the JB4. The GTS burble is pretty sweet as well, I also had him turn off the cold start... I used to wake the dead when car would cold start.

The transmission shifts a little stiffer then before and when in DCT mode the shift points are better. They also added the GTS stering software, replaced the MDM with the European setting which is much more forgiving and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff.

Moral of the story, worth every bit and I would highly recommend these guys.

Last edited by Caruso0644; 02-21-2017 at 09:33 AM..
(#5)
Old

Car: 2016 F10 M5 Comp, UK.
Default 06-20-2017, 11:29 PM

Does anybody know of anyone reputable in the UK for a BEF to give the above and a top speed limit removal??

Cheers
(#6)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 09-08-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caruso0644
So I went down to Auto Couture and met with DME Tuning on Saturday. DME performed the backend flash and Auto Couture flashed the DCT and coded the car. I highly recommend DME for the backend flash, the car is without a doubt stronger and more consistent, He knows his BMW's and is super helpful when you need to dial in the JB4. The GTS burble is pretty sweet as well, I also had him turn off the cold start... I used to wake the dead when car would cold start.

The transmission shifts a little stiffer then before and when in DCT mode the shift points are better. They also added the GTS stering software, replaced the MDM with the European setting which is much more forgiving and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff.

Moral of the story, worth every bit and I would highly recommend these guys.
A couple of months ago people weren't sure about the European MDM flash, in terms of compatibility, especially on a ZCP car. Do you have any insight into this?

M3 ZCP here.

Thanks