N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#376)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2017, 08:10 PM

Log it and lets evaluate. Any advice has to be based on your specific data.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#377)
Old

Default 01-18-2018, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Correct.

I an planning to release hybrid specific RACE and PUMP back end flash maps in the coming weeks though.
I have downloaded the mhd files and there are not the hybrid specific RACE and PUMP back

Is this going to be done or was the project left?
(#378)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 02-02-2018, 04:28 PM

Also interested in previous post
(#379)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfredi
I have downloaded the mhd files and there are not the hybrid specific RACE and PUMP back

Is this going to be done or was the project left?
Left. I don't like using lean spool mode and related on pump fuels. Use the normal PUMP BEF as your starting point for hybrids on pump.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#380)
Old

Car: 335i N54 E92
Default 02-08-2018, 10:25 PM

Dear Folks,

I had a n54 AT w hybrid turbos (compressor 39mm upgrade)

With 22 psi I got 473whp and

Do anyone know if its poasible to gain more power W SAFETY?

Which pressure is safy for this kind of turbo?

On a Costumers car w 30psi I got 573whpand 78wtq....

On links below u can find dyno test pics.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...psjii8lpl0.png

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...psrngdajpp.png

335i, MHD E65 Custom flash, Intercooler, Chargerpipe, MM Performance inlets, LPFP Walbro 450, HPFP BMW review, full exhaust

Last edited by Bomba474; 02-08-2018 at 10:37 PM..
(#381)
Old

Car: bmw 335
Exclamation hybrid turbo - 02-21-2018, 03:21 PM

i have hability tmap 3.5 but is necesary install mhd???
(#382)
Old

Car: 07 bmw 335i
Default Hybrid turbo tuning - 03-02-2018, 09:49 AM

Hey guys so my car on low rpm is surging itís really strange I need some help!
Mods are:
Vtto stage 2+ turbos
Inlets
Outlets
Stage 2 bucketless pump
Fbo
(#383)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 03-02-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54Jones
Hey guys so my car on low rpm is surging itís really strange I need some help!
Mods are:
Vtto stage 2+ turbos
Inlets
Outlets
Stage 2 bucketless pump
Fbo
Post a log in the support section.

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#384)
Old

Car: 2010 bmw 535
Default Hybrid e85 or race? - 03-15-2018, 09:14 PM

Ruining meth and 40% e85 with pure stage 2s would backend flash be hybrid e85 or race?
(#385)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2018, 11:15 AM

Hybrid E85.

Burger Motorsports

(#386)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 04-08-2018, 10:53 PM

Hi Terry, i realised that the "race" backend flash for MHD is removed, and changed to E85 hybrid.

If i were to run 20% ethanol with 100% meth, what flash should i use? E85 Hybrid or Pump?

thank you!
(#387)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335is
Default 05-08-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
What fuel? Load the race back and flash and start by logging map 3 with a 50 additive to evaluate it.
Hi Terry, I'm having my Pure Stage 2 DD turbos installed next week with larger 2 inch inlets, and stage 2 LPFP. I'm then having Wedge doing a custom 94 octane map (e85 is hard to get in Vancouver), but as I understand it, Wedge do not support JB4 interface.

My question is, what changes do i need to make to the user adjustment settings in JB4 to best utilize the Wedge tune? I'm also running your TMAP 3.5 senior, so i understand this effects the standard setup..

I've read through this thread, but it really isn't clear what changes I need to make.. Thanks for your help.
(#388)
Old
Jscottrad

Car: 2007 335i
Default Are Vargas with billet compressor considered HYBRID? - 05-21-2018, 11:47 AM

Hi, would like someone to give me an opinion of my log. I'm running Vargas turbos with the billet compressor wheels (20% more flow) PUMP BEF, JB4 on Map 2, VRSF *********, Burger air filters, and a larger intercooler (Chinese Ebay) Car drives OK but boost seems to fall off at higher RPM's. Any advice is appreciated! Scott2018-05-20 17_06_12.csv
(#389)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-21-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscottrad
Hi, would like someone to give me an opinion of my log. I'm running Vargas turbos with the billet compressor wheels (20% more flow) PUMP BEF, JB4 on Map 2, VRSF *********, Burger air filters, and a larger intercooler (Chinese Ebay) Car drives OK but boost seems to fall off at higher RPM's. Any advice is appreciated! ScottAttachment 74745
Post in the support section for faster response. The log looks okay, first thing is to update your value under 6 cylinder logging in the user adjustments tab.

Under Duty bias from 5000 all the way up change it to 65. Lower FF to 100 and relog.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#390)
Old
Jscottrad

Default Are Vargas with billet compressor considered HYBRID? - 05-21-2018, 04:00 PM

2018-05-21 17_51_20.csv Thanks, and noted about the support section!
(#391)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-21-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Attachment 74765 Thanks, and noted about the support section!
Awesome, much better. Maybe you can try raising it up another 5 across the board of what I told you earlier and it should hit target now. Take a look:
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#392)
Old
Jscottrad

Default 05-21-2018, 05:04 PM

Will do, and relog tomorrow, Thanks so much for the help! Also, I'm still using the stock intake from filters to turbo inlet, is that an issue? Scott
(#393)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-21-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Will do, and relog tomorrow, Thanks so much for the help! Also, I'm still using the stock intake from filters to turbo inlet, is that an issue? Scott
You might want to get inlets, we actually do have some inlets at special price I believe that fit your turbos. If you email Terry@burgertuning.com he can set you up!

Burger Motorsports

(#394)
Old

Car: 335i N54
Default 06-21-2018, 06:21 PM

Hi Terry,

Can I start my settings using the PSI per RPM as shown in the first post? VTT GC 2.0 and 91 octane fuel (for the the moment). Thanks

Black Sapphire E92 335i AT: VTT GC 2.0 - VTT inlets/outlet - VRSF 7'' FMIC - VRSF 3'' d p s - JB4 G5 w/ FSB - AEM meth - Fuel-It stage 2 LPFP - BMS DCI - Phoenix Racing CP - TIAL BOV - NGK 5992 - KW V3 - Dinan camber plates - Brembo 8 pot - Pagid RST3 - Mishimoto 25 row oil cooler - Quaife LSD - M3 rear bar - xHP stage 3

Last edited by Ripley; 06-22-2018 at 03:14 AM..
(#395)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-22-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley
Hi Terry,

Can I start my settings using the PSI per RPM as shown in the first post? VTT GC 2.0 and 91 octane fuel (for the the moment). Thanks
I would start with all default values posted on the first page. Update your BEF to the appropriate one for the fuel you are using. Get a lot on map 1 and post it up for us in the support section to evaluate for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#396)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-22-2018, 07:41 PM

Hybrid turbo setup no e85 what map do I use, just pump or hybrid e85?
(#397)
Old

Car: '08 E61 535xi
Default 06-26-2018, 10:04 AM

Do the duty bias "starting point" settings for hybrid turbos on the first page only apply to the boost levels indicated (up to 25psi)? Or can other boost levels be used?

'08 E61 535xi Wagon
VTT stage 2 | VTT inlets | JB4 w/MHD bef | VRSF CP | HKS bov | BMS DCI | Turner OCC | 91-93 Oct.
(#398)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-26-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litwiller
Do the duty bias "starting point" settings for hybrid turbos on the first page only apply to the boost levels indicated (up to 25psi)? Or can other boost levels be used?
All other boost levels can be used. Start off with the ones posted, get a log on map 1 and post in the support section so we can help you.

Burger Motorsports

(#399)
Old

Car: 335i bmw e90
Default 06-30-2018, 03:41 PM

Terry have you found that my Vargas Stage1's when using MHD backend flash need to be set for hybrid Turbos? I have been running 1 year so far Not set @ Hybrid... Thanks Dean
(#400)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2018, 07:42 PM

No use the normal BEF for those.

Burger Motorsports