N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: Awd stinger canadq
Default 07-08-2019, 01:28 PM

I hope im an isolated case but after doing this i seem to have an issue with the car .. (maybe tranny, driveshaft or differential) when i go from N -> D i get a a jerk from the back tires.. D-> N i feel it but nothing big.
(#52)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 07-08-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clight43
I hope im an isolated case but after doing this i seem to have an issue with the car .. (maybe tranny, driveshaft or differential) when i go from N -> D i get a a jerk from the back tires.. D-> N i feel it but nothing big.
Was this after cutting the wire or after launching it a couple times?
(#53)
Old

Default 07-08-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamdan
Was this after cutting the wire or after launching it a couple times?
After 2 attempts of stock launch and 2 with switch off.. i dont know if it occured before or after the launches but i didnt have this issue this morning..

*note i only activated LC but did not actually launch it was just testing in driveway.

** i am the only one with this issue but decide to put it up incase some1 else develops the issue, might have nothing to do with the actual wire cut but a derrived issue was maybe at cause before.
(#54)
Old

Default 07-08-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
After 2 attempts of stock launch and 2 with switch off.. i dont know if it occured before or after the launches but i didnt have this issue this morning..

*note i only activated LC but did not actually launch it was just testing in driveway.

** i am the only one with this issue but decide to put it up incase some1 else develops the issue, might have nothing to do with the actual wire cut but a derrived issue was maybe at cause before.
Have you tried twisting the wire together and see if it goes away? I know the stingers have two different shifters ones drive by wire. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
(#55)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Default 07-09-2019, 02:13 PM

Could we use positaps and wire into a switch instead of cutting the wires?
(#56)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 07-09-2019, 02:28 PM

^ no...you have to break the connection

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport
(#57)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Could be nothing, could be a worn ujoint somewhere, or maybe a broken trans mount? You'll have to better diagnose where the noise is coming from.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#58)
Old

Car: Kia stinger GT
Default 07-09-2019, 05:29 PM

So I did the switch and followed the instructions and it doesnít work. Launch control will not kick on and itíll build a small amount of boost before it loses it all
(#59)
Old

Default 07-09-2019, 05:43 PM

Launch control is not supposed to engage with this mod.
(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz
Launch control is not supposed to engage with this mod.
+1

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#61)
Old

Car: Kia stinger GT
Default 07-09-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
+1
No when the switch is off the last control will not come on but the car will not build boost. Itíll build for a second then wastegates or BOVs kick in and it launches with no boost
(#62)
Old

Default 07-10-2019, 03:39 PM

I believe my LC did activate with switch mod.. dealership said hes hearing sounds from transfer casr as if drive shaft is settling on something
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-10-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I believe my LC did activate with switch mod.. dealership said hes hearing sounds from transfer casr as if drive shaft is settling on something
Maybe you cut the wrong wire then?

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 07-11-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Maybe you cut the wrong wire then?
Bet. Here's my $100. LOL

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
(#65)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 07-11-2019, 08:33 AM

Managed to Do 3 runs at the track last night. It preformed amazing but, for me anything above 2300 RPM and the rear tires start to spin with the fronts holding firm. Will just avoid launches above that RPM to be on the safe side of minimizing loads on the transmission transfercase. Still got my fastest times at the track last night with 8,600 and 8,400 DAs, Im blown away how well it works, i did a launch with the normal LC first before i hit the switch and it did 13.49@ 102 with 2.2 60' which was typical for a hot day at 5800ft above sea level.

Best $ to performance mod out there.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by bbrillon998; 07-11-2019 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: Image
(#66)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Default 07-11-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrillon998
Managed to Do 3 runs at the track last night. It preformed amazing but, for me anything above 2300 RPM and the rear tires start to spin with the fronts holding firm. Will just avoid launches above that RPM to be on the safe side of minimizing loads on the transmission transfercase. Still got my fastest times at the track last night with 8,600 and 8,400 DAs, Im blown away how well it works, i did a launch with the normal LC first before i hit the switch and it did 13.49@ 102 with 2.2 60' which was typical for a hot day at 5800ft above sea level.

Best $ to performance mod out there.

[IMG][/IMG]
You're RWD, right?

I wanna hear how the AWD handles the load? LOL

-MurlinatoR

(#67)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 07-11-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurlinatoR
You're RWD, right?

I wanna hear how the AWD handles the load? LOL

Mine is AWD ! Ive only ever seen one RWD stinger In Colorado because I almost bought it. Dealers dont really order any RWD cars here because well... its Colorado.
(#68)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 07-11-2019, 01:37 PM

I really want to do this...but absolutely hate having to cut that wire

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport
(#69)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Default 07-11-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrillon998
Mine is AWD ! Ive only ever seen one RWD stinger In Colorado because I almost bought it. Dealers dont really order any RWD cars here because well... its Colorado.
Ohhhhhh, so you're spinning the rears because you've got it in sport. I'll bet if you launch it in comfort the back tires hold longer before breaking loose.

-MurlinatoR

(#70)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Default 07-16-2019, 08:11 AM

Wow it got really quiet in here. LOL

-MurlinatoR

(#71)
Old

Default 07-16-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Wow it got really quiet in here. LOL

You've been MIA @MurlinatoR.
Have not seen you in the forums for a while.

Last edited by robz; 07-16-2019 at 08:44 AM..
(#72)
Old

Default 07-16-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Ohhhhhh, so you're spinning the rears because you've got it in sport. I'll bet if you launch it in comfort the back tires hold longer before breaking loose.
I would be nervous if the front drivetrain can take that torque.
(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2019, 08:47 AM

Time will tell on the durability side but gut feeling is things are holding up well at our current power levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Default 07-18-2019, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz
You've been MIA @MurlinatoR.
Have not seen you in the forums for a while.
LOL

Hey, what's up @robz! Yeah, I've been running out of time on a daily basis. Haha

We have construction going on at our dealership pretty heavily. Plus, the Telluride has been trashing my daily to do list. LOL This thing is so popular that I have 5 customers a day coming in to see one. I can't get them fast enough!

-MurlinatoR

(#75)
Old

Car: stinger
Default 07-21-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod10
So I did the switch and followed the instructions and it doesn’t work. Launch control will not kick on and it’ll build a small amount of boost before it loses it all
Jrod10 - what type of Stinger? GT2 AWD?
I did the mod and it worked on day 1, and day 2 it was tame. Still 2700 rpm, some boost 5 ish but throttle only at 30 and opens slowly. Day 1 throttle was 80 and opened instantly. Difference was smoky AWD burn out vs almost normal LC launch (but LC doesn't engage of course). Day 1 the auto stop light on the dash was flashing and day 2 it was not.

Last edited by monkey; 07-21-2019 at 10:53 AM..