N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 07-02-2019, 08:50 AM

With brake boosting off the line, using this mod, will it still fall on it's face in second gear?
(#27)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 07-02-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahawk
With brake boosting off the line, using this mod, will it still fall on it's face in second gear?
I haven't heard of any car falling on it's face in 2nd, if you're concerned you could just launch in 2nd
(#28)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 07-02-2019, 01:37 PM

This is awesome!

Is a control through the JB4 unit in the near future a definite?
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-02-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmania82
This is awesome!

Is a control through the JB4 unit in the near future a definite?
No, it's something we may look in to. But either way you're going to be cutting a wire in the ECU harness to splice this in at least for the foreseeable future. The difference would be whether you're wiring in a switch or routing that wire in and out of the JB4 harness.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-02-2019, 07:45 PM

So turns out this works awesome... "kato_the_kia_stinger" managed to set a new Stinger 1/4 mile today! First of many to come I'm sure! 11.81@117, 2800' DA (e.g. warm crappy racing weather).

Most amazing part is that 1.65 60'!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 07-03-2019, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
So turns out this works awesome... "kato_the_kia_stinger" managed to set a new Stinger 1/4 mile today! 11.81@117, 2800' DA (e.g. warm crappy racing weather).

Wow that’s awesome, is there any side affects? Could this wire be left cut all the time? I wonder if there’s is some wiring we could tap into at the switch instead of cutting a wire for the ecu.
(#32)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT
Default 07-03-2019, 06:56 AM

Terry, what should we be seeing with ideal conditions with a 1.6ish 60 foot?

Quote:
So turns out this works awesome... "kato_the_kia_stinger" managed to set a new Stinger 1/4 mile today! 11.81@117, 2800' DA (e.g. warm crappy racing weather).

(#33)
Old

Default 07-03-2019, 07:38 AM

I had a look under the dash and found The brake switch. Now I wonder if someone could make an extension with a male and female plug on it. One end plugs into the switch in the other end into the connecter and then that extension has a switch built into it. With no Splicing into wiring harness these things would probably sell like hotcakes.
(#34)
Old

Default 07-03-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:

Wow!!...that is an amazing improvement

Definitely need an integration with the JB4 for this mod Terry.
(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamdan
I had a look under the dash and found The brake switch. Now I wonder if someone could make an extension with a male and female plug on it. One end plugs into the switch in the other end into the connecter and then that extension has a switch built into it. With no Splicing into wiring harness these things would probably sell like hotcakes.
You can't cut off the signal at the brake switch... Has to be JUST the wire going to the ECU.

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallK
Terry, what should we be seeing with ideal conditions with a 1.6ish 60 foot?
It's hard not to run 11s with a 1.6! Even on a lower boost map like map2 I bet you get 11.99.

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-03-2019, 09:19 AM

That's pretty insane!

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Wow thatís awesome, is there any side affects? Could this wire be left cut all the time? I wonder if thereís is some wiring we could tap into at the switch instead of cutting a wire for the ecu.
The start/stop light in dash flashes which is a little annoying. Other than that I haven't seen any side effects. But see warning in first post. Suggested for track use only.

Burger Motorsports

(#39)
Old

Default 07-03-2019, 10:13 AM

How about intercepting wire with a normally closed relay with coil trigger from the ib4 to open the circuit? Press the "JB4 launch" button in the app, circuit opens.. Party time! Same could be done for AWD fuse circuit. Flip that car is RWD for burnout box, Flip back to AWD for brake boost launch!
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2019, 10:18 AM

It can be done just not sure if it's worth the effort yet. Next thing we need to do is see if we can identify this specific wire in the harness somewhere that can be plug and play intercepted.

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Default 07-03-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
It can be done just not sure if it's worth the effort yet. Next thing we need to do is see if we can identify this specific wire in the harness somewhere that can be plug and play intercepted.
That would be great, I use a toner at work and that might work well for finding the wire. One side connects to ground and other side to the wire and you can find the wire much easier.
(#42)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 07-03-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3
I haven't heard of any car falling on it's face in 2nd, if you're concerned you could just launch in 2nd
Ahh yes! Still haven't tried that!
(#43)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Default 07-03-2019, 11:56 PM

I hope we can get a plug and play method for this instead of cutting the wire, I would like to try this but dont want to void warranty.
(#44)
Old

Default 07-04-2019, 06:19 PM

A lap 3 car did this mod and ran a 11.6 at 120.8. The video is on YouTube. I really hope they find a way to do this with out cutting wiring harness. Four door stinger that can keep up with a gtr.... I’m really happy I got this car now.
(#45)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 07-07-2019, 02:41 PM

I posted on the facebook Kia Stinger owners group but but just wanted to say that the AWD rips now got it down to 12.63 @ 107 with 1.79 60' down from the typical 13.3-13.4 in summer high DAs in the 8,200 to 8,800. This mod Rocks !
(#46)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-07-2019, 04:53 PM

Awesome! Heard Angel managed an 11.7 on 93 octane today too!

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old

Default 07-08-2019, 05:48 AM

I read of someone using a magnet by the switch to brake boost. I wonder if this would give the same results as cutting the wire just to test it out.
(#48)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-08-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I read of someone using a magnet by the switch to brake boost. I wonder if this would give the same results as cutting the wire just to test it out.
It won't.

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old

Default 07-08-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
It won't.
Damn to bad, thanks.
(#50)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 07-08-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
That would be great, I use a toner at work and that might work well for finding the wire. One side connects to ground and other side to the wire and you can find the wire much easier.
Any updates on this? I'm hoping this wire connects to the back side of the fuse box in the driver's knee area