N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: Bmw N54 335
Default 06-06-2019, 03:03 AM

Any update on time frame for 2nd batch of beta kits?
(#52)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2019, 06:24 PM

We're still working on it!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old

Default 06-22-2019, 08:11 AM

Update?

09 e90335i 6mt
15 F15 X5
17 Subaru Forester XT
(#54)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-24-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lshaw13
Update?
Our V2 Beta version will be out by the end of this week.

We'll update this thread once they arrive!

You guys will absolutely love this new setup.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Car: 335is Dct
Default 06-29-2019, 10:13 AM

Interested in this , as I already have 2 catch cans and the bov vacuum adapter would there be a way to purchase the necessary fittings from you guys to complete it ?
(#56)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-01-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazykro
Interested in this , as I already have 2 catch cans and the bov vacuum adapter would there be a way to purchase the necessary fittings from you guys to complete it ?
The kit will be up on the site sometime next week.

Burger Motorsports

(#57)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2019, 09:36 AM

Updated first post with a link to the final production kits. Made a couple minor improvements from the BETA like going to quick connect fittings!

Burger Motorsports

(#58)
Old

Default 07-13-2019, 01:48 PM

Kit ordered and paid for!!!!
(#59)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh_n54
Kit ordered and paid for!!!!

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Racer
Itís a nice piece for sure, but you didnít answer my question.

Iím not as concerned about the high flow characteristics (more important for the boost side, right?) as I am about itís ability to effectively collect the most oil possible. How much are you seeing? Stated another way, what kind of drain intervals do you expect?
Sorry not sure if I ever got back to you on this.

When designing an OCC you are managing flow vs. separation. Our goal is to catch 90%+ of the oil while introducing less than 10% additional restriction. If you try to catch 100% of the oil you're going to wind up with a very poorly flowing setup with negative consequences.

As I said before the BMS double baffle OCC has been battle tested over the last 10 years or so. It's a great design perfectly suited to this application.

Burger Motorsports

(#61)
Old

Default 07-22-2019, 02:16 PM

Just received my kit today! Really well thought out and nicely constructed, all that's missing is perhaps some instructions / guidelines on how everything is put together? Should I use red rubber grease on the occ fittings before inserting them or just a little bit of motor oil over the o-ring. Lastly, I'm guessing these are npt threaded fittings so no need to really over fasten them right, do you have any torque recommendations?
(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2019, 07:56 PM

Install photo... Working on install guide right now I'll link it here later tomorrow
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2019, 08:18 AM

Install guide!

https://www.n54tech.com/instructions...CC_Install.pdf

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 07-24-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Should the instructions perhaps mention that if removing the fuel line connection on cylinder #6, then one should disconnect the battery first? My understanding is that if someone removes these lines and then "wakes up" the car accidentally, that the fuel pump can start priming and send fuel flowing out of these lines.
(#65)
Old

Car: 08 E90 335i
Default 07-24-2019, 08:49 AM

I have the Vader Solutions bov adapter. Will this work with it or do I need to switch to the BMS bov kit?

08 E90 335i
MONTEGO BLUE
JB4/MHD E85 BEF
BMS DCI
BMS OCC
BMS COWL FILTERS
VRSF ⬇️ Pís
MMP CHARGEPIPE
TIAL BOV
VRSF 7.5Ē RACE FMIC
BMS PEDAL TUNER
BMS PCV VALVE
NGK 97506 @ .022
3.5 BAR TMAP
STAGE 2 LPFP
H&R SPRINGS
19' 666m WHEELS
(#66)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule77
I have the Vader Solutions bov adapter. Will this work with it or do I need to switch to the BMS bov kit?
I think it will but with our kit I think the adapter is only an extra $40 or something so you might be better off selling that one and running ours?

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmax1984
Should the instructions perhaps mention that if removing the fuel line connection on cylinder #6, then one should disconnect the battery first? My understanding is that if someone removes these lines and then "wakes up" the car accidentally, that the fuel pump can start priming and send fuel flowing out of these lines.
Not a bad idea although, we never do. I also don't open the door with the fuel lines disconnected though.

Burger Motorsports

(#68)
Old

Default 07-24-2019, 11:13 AM

Thanks for the install guide Terry. All I wanted to really see was the orientation you used for the in-line check valve on the bov adaptor.
(#69)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 07-24-2019, 08:28 PM

Would this kit work properly in extreme cold? I live in Canada and temperatures in the winter drop down to -40 Celsius sometimes.

2007 N54
E92 MT
JB4
DCI
(#70)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-25-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfusor
Would this kit work properly in extreme cold? I live in Canada and temperatures in the winter drop down to -40 Celsius sometimes.
I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfusor
We have not tested it under those conditions so it's hard to know for sure but as Payam said we don't expect any issues with the check valve freezing up as it's on the boost side so intake heat off the turbochargers should melt any ice.

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old

Car: e90 FBO
Default 08-10-2019, 11:59 PM

Terry/Payam I have a dumb question on which selection I need to choose when ordering. On your site I see four choices?

A) With BMS OCC and BOV Adapter
B) With BMS OCC without BOV Adapter
C) With BOV Adapter without OCC
D) Without BOV Adapter and without OCC

My car setup is:
2008 e90 335xi 6AT
BMS OCC from 2012
ER CP with TialQ BOV

My assumption is I will need option A) With BMS OCC and BOV Adapter?
(#73)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-12-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman
Terry/Payam I have a dumb question on which selection I need to choose when ordering. On your site I see four choices?

A) With BMS OCC and BOV Adapter
B) With BMS OCC without BOV Adapter
C) With BOV Adapter without OCC
D) Without BOV Adapter and without OCC

My car setup is:
2008 e90 335xi 6AT
BMS OCC from 2012
ER CP with TialQ BOV

My assumption is I will need option A) With BMS OCC and BOV Adapter?
Yes, most people will be going with (A)

You don't have the BMS N54 BOV adapter, do you?

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Car: e90 FBO
Default 08-12-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Yes, most people will be going with (A)

You don't have the BMS N54 BOV adapter, do you?
Nope, only the items I listed (I did all my FBO mods back in mid-2012). Would something similar come with the ER Charge pipe with Tial Q BOV (I got it as an entire kit from n54tuning in 2012)?
(#75)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-13-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman
Nope, only the items I listed (I did all my FBO mods back in mid-2012). Would something similar come with the ER Charge pipe with Tial Q BOV (I got it as an entire kit from n54tuning in 2012)?
No, sounds like you need (A) then.

Burger Motorsports