N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#251)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Default 07-31-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Reaction time means nothing for ET and MPH. Your MPH is low for the mods. Heat will play a role. Can you prime the system and see meth flow in the lines? I really do think your boost is a bit high or the computer is pulling power via timing based on those wheel speed sensors in the turbo.
Thanks for your feedback. I can confirm the lines ARE NOT fully primed with boost juice upon startup and only after a full throttle under load(driving) does the pump engage to fill the lines. I thought it might be a result of vapor lock, so I installed 3/8” Techflex sheathing (which looks awesome) to minimize heat on the tubing...to no avail. I just “ass-u-me-d” each of us are having this symptom. Is priming advisable while the nozzles are in the inlets or should they be removed while priming like I did upon install (to avoid boost juice going into the plenum while not under load)? Maybe Payam or Terry can weigh in.....

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
AMS Red Alpha Cold Air Intakes
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#252)
Old

Car: q50
Default 08-01-2019, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50Philly
Thanks for your feedback. I can confirm the lines ARE NOT fully primed with boost juice upon startup and only after a full throttle under load(driving) does the pump engage to fill the lines. I thought it might be a result of vapor lock, so I installed 3/8” Techflex sheathing (which looks awesome) to minimize heat on the tubing...to no avail. I just “ass-u-me-d” each of us are having this symptom. Is priming advisable while the nozzles are in the inlets or should they be removed while priming like I did upon install (to avoid boost juice going into the plenum while not under load)? Maybe Payam or Terry can weigh in.....
Based on their install instructions, they have you prime after the system is installed and anytime a line is disconnected or the tank is run dry.
https://www.n54tech.com/instructions/ww_kit_install.pdf
I've primed/purged at idle with the car running and you can tell when it is priming as it bogs down the motor. Never do it with the car off and the kit still connected to the intakes.
(#253)
Old

Default 08-01-2019, 05:19 AM

Understood. So it sounds like your lines also get emptied closer to the nozzles? It would be interesting to learn if others also need to prime during normal use (I.e., daily startup)?

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#254)
Old

Default 08-01-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Understood. So it sounds like your lines also get emptied closer to the nozzles? It would be interesting to learn if others also need to prime during normal use (I.e., daily startup)?
My lines don't get emptied at all once the kit is primed. I was just saying that I can watch the meth flow at idle by priming the system. When the pump/solenoid is shut off after spraying its like having a straw filled with water and holding 1 end closed with your finger. The lines shouldn't empty after each spray unless the vacuum from the turbo is sucking it in.....but I have my nozzles at the throttle body not at the turbo inlet.
(#255)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 08-01-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
My passenger side line will ‘empty’ by 4-6” - typically I will prime the system (engine running - yes it bogs the idling engine down & my JB4 app will start logging, bug in the code I suspect!?!)

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8’s
  • AMS HE w/ Aux Tank
  • AMS LDP
  • FI Res CBE
(#256)
Old

Default 08-01-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
My passenger side line will ‘empty’ by 4-6” - typically I will prime the system (engine running - yes it bogs the idling engine down & my JB4 app will start logging, bug in the code I suspect!?!)
Aha, that makes sense as we both use the inlets and have the same issue. I wonder if using the 375ml nozzles from Prometh would eliminate the leakage? I’ve been consider because of their superior atomization...better than Snow’s. Their link: https://prometh.com/collections/nozzles

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#257)
Old

Default 08-01-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
My lines don't get emptied at all once the kit is primed. I was just saying that I can watch the meth flow at idle by priming the system. When the pump/solenoid is shut off after spraying its like having a straw filled with water and holding 1 end closed with your finger. The lines shouldn't empty after each spray unless the vacuum from the turbo is sucking it in.....but I have my nozzles at the throttle body not at the turbo inlet.
Yes, priming works perfectly at idle. Just stinks we need to do it, but nature of the beast I guess....

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#258)
Old

Default 08-01-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Yes, priming works perfectly at idle. Just stinks we need to do it, but nature of the beast I guess....
That's my point though....I don't purge/prime unless I had disassembled the system. I only prime to verify proper operation, not before every time I make a pull.
(#259)
Old

Default 08-01-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
That's my point though....I don't purge/prime unless I had disassembled the system. I only prime to verify proper operation, not before every time I make a pull.
I suspect with your install, gravity is helping vs use of BMS inlets has tubing dropping fluid into inlets...and down to turbos ��

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#260)
Old

Default 08-01-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
I suspect with your install, gravity is helping vs use of BMS inlets has tubing dropping fluid into inlets...and down to turbos ��
You will likely get more meth injected during a pull since you're under vacuum and I have boost pressing against me, but when the meth is off I don't still have the vacuum drawing on the lines.
(#261)
Old

Default 08-01-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
You will likely get more meth injected during a pull since you're under vacuum and I have boost pressing against me, but when the meth is off I don't still have the vacuum drawing on the lines.
That makes sense. Your feedback is appreciated! Do you think a different nozzle might help to minimize fluid loss from the vacuum effect?

Separately, I wasn’t impressed with the atomization of the BM5’s upon initial system priming, which drove me to research others (sorry Terry and Payam). It appears 2 of the best atomizing nozzles are ProMeth and Devils Own. Any thoughts?

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#262)
Old

Default 08-01-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
That makes sense. Your feedback is appreciated! Do you think a different nozzle might help to minimize fluid loss from the vacuum effect?

Separately, I wasn’t impressed with the atomization of the BM5’s upon initial system priming, which drove me to research others (sorry Terry and Payam). It appears 2 of the best atomizing nozzles are ProMeth and Devils Own. Any thoughts?
I didn't think the atomization was amazing when I was testing, but it seemed good enough to do the job. Also, all nozzles like that will likely function the same size they don't have check valves or anything. The air charge is under pressure so even if it practically dripped in it would absorb the heat and eventually vaporize.
(#263)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2019, 11:29 AM

Fluid between nozzle and closed solenoid will slowly evaporate in over time as the nozzle isn't sealed. Not an issue at all, but easy to relocate solenoid closer to nozzles if you're concerned.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#264)
Old

Default 08-01-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Fluid between nozzle and closed solenoid will slowly evaporate in over time as the nozzle isn't sealed. Not an issue at all, but easy to relocate solenoid closer to nozzles if you're concerned.
Understood, thanks Terry!

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#265)
Old

Default 08-08-2019, 04:36 PM

E30 fuel with BM7 nozzles is feeling great. I almost felt sorry for the Red Sport that pulled up next to me today...

BMS WMI
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-08 10_58_05_Map-8.csv (10.3 KB, 12 views)

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8’s
  • AMS HE w/ Aux Tank
  • AMS LDP
  • FI Res CBE
(#266)
Old

Default 08-08-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
E30 fuel with BM7 nozzles is feeling great. I almost felt sorry for the Red Sport that pulled up next to me today...

BMS WMI
Logs a little short but looks ok.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW & WMI
Post turbo stuff lol, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
(#267)
Old

Default Flow Rate of BM5 and Pump performance - 08-14-2019, 12:52 PM

Does anyone know the exact flow rate per BM5 nozzle(GPH /CC)and the pump performance (GPH/PSI) we purchased in the BMS WMI Kit?

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#268)
Old

Default 08-14-2019, 01:20 PM

My understanding is the flow rate per hour = “x” - BM”x”

Not sure on the pump but my JB4 logs show 6.5psi

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8’s
  • AMS HE w/ Aux Tank
  • AMS LDP
  • FI Res CBE
(#269)
Old

Default 08-14-2019, 04:03 PM

Thanks. Maybe Payam or Terry can conform on both?

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#270)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know the exact flow rate per BM5 nozzle(GPH /CC)and the pump performance (GPH/PSI) we purchased in the BMS WMI Kit?
Around 5 gallons per hour on a BM5, 7 gallons per hour on a BM7, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#271)
Old

Default 08-15-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Around 5 gallons per hour on a BM5, 7 gallons per hour on a BM7, etc.
Thanks Terry. Can you advise on the Pump flow and PSI?

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#272)
Old

Default 08-31-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Thanks Terry. Can you advise on the Pump flow and PSI?
Ok Folks, I installed the ProMeth 5 GPH Nozzles (w/filters) and the Atomization is AMAZING! They are an excellent pairing with the BMS WMI Kit...perfect fitment into BMS inlets. I am considering a bump up to 6 or 7 GPH. Here’s the link to #5: https://prometh.com/products/5-0-gph...jection-nozzle

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#273)
Old

Default 08-31-2019, 05:25 PM

Why these over the M7 nozzles from BMS?

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW & WMI
Post turbo stuff lol, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
(#274)
Old

Default 08-31-2019, 05:33 PM

The BM7’s made a BIG difference on my kit. I wonder what the side by side ProMeth’s vs BMS nozzles atomization looks like?!?

Update: I have a set of 440 CC nozzles on the way so I can compare.

BMS WMI

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8’s
  • AMS HE w/ Aux Tank
  • AMS LDP
  • FI Res CBE

Last edited by jrobohm; 08-31-2019 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: Update
(#275)
Old

Default 08-31-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
The BM7’s made a BIG difference on my kit. I wonder what the side by side ProMeth’s vs BMS nozzles atomization looks like?!?
I wanted nozzles with filters, as one of my BM5 nozzles was completely blocked. Strange since there’s a filter connected to the solenoid. Regardless..just protecting my engine with the ProMeth nozzles. The bonus was a much finer mist compared to the BM5’s.

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can