N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2019, 06:38 PM

Log looks fine to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#202)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 08-17-2019, 07:24 PM

Thanks Terry!

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
2009 535i - 548whp - sold
(#203)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Default 08-18-2019, 10:02 PM

Mixed around 20% e85 into tank and logged map 3. Log attached. Temps were 88*F.

Trims look like they are maxxing at 44? Should I be concerned?
How does AFR look? Im not sure whats a healthy AFR to run on these cars.
Does the w205 JB4 have an AFR safety feature like the N54 does, if so what is threshold?

Want to be sure this log looks good before trying map 4 or higher E85 pct. mix.

Side note, Im impressed with how well the oem ATW intercoolers work! Just a few degree rise from 36- 86 mph on 88*F temps is great, even if it does start 30* over ambient.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-18 23_10_40_3rdgear_map3_20pctE85.csv (6.2 KB, 11 views)

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
(#204)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 08-19-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore

Does the w205 JB4 have an AFR safety feature like the N54 does, if so what is threshold?

Side note, Im impressed with how well the oem ATW intercoolers work! Just a few degree rise from 36- 86 mph on 88*F temps is great, even if it does start 30* over ambient.
That does look odd to me that trims are jammed at 44, but I’d like to know more about that parameter, as well.

Similarly, I’m also trying to find out what BMS is recommending for AFR. But, yours shows leaner than mine (although I think mine, in the 11’s, is potentially rich, but safe). Check out my map 2 log on post 185. Also my trims are in the mid 20’s.

Regarding your side note, check out my log for IAT’a too...it went from 111 to 150, so you might have just gotten lucky with your low delta?
(#205)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:

You'll find the stronger the E85 mix and the higher the boost the higher trims go, and when they max out you could see the AFR start to lean out so keep an eye on it. A higher open loop will bring trims down but may also eventually throw low fuel pressure limp faults. You'll probably find map2 with E20-E30 and a 30 open loop setting the best reliable setting.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#206)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Default 08-19-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezatnova
.... But, yours shows leaner than mine (although I think mine, in the 11s, is potentially rich, but safe). Check out my map 2 log on post 185. Also my trims are in the mid 20s.
11s is pretty rich, I'm used to looking for mid 12s to low 13s.
E very engime is different. And really wasnt not concerned about 14s during spool but once full boost hits I think the AFR should settle down real quick to low 13s or lower.

Quote:
Regarding your side note, check out my log for IATa too...it went from 111 to 150, so you might have just gotten lucky with your low delta?
Huh, ok good to know , be interesting to compare to other logs. What was your starting temp over ambient. Pm me if you want so we dont sideteack the thread. Thanks

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
(#207)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Default 08-19-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You'll find the stronger the E85 mix and the higher the boost the higher trims go, and when they max out you could see the AFR start to lean out so keep an eye on it. A higher open loop will bring trims down but may also eventually throw low fuel pressure limp faults. You'll probably find map2 with E20-E30 and a 30 open loop setting the best reliable setting.
Yes And is kind of why I honed in on that metric once I mixed in E85.

I am OK with playing with the tuning a little bit in order to get a good balance of power and reliability so would you recommend raising FOL to 40 and see if it brings down the trims while keeping the AFRs good?

Does the W205 JB4 have AFR safety measures like the N54 unit? If so what are those thresholds?

Thanks Terry.

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
(#208)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Yes And is kind of why I honed in on that metric once I mixed in E85.

I am OK with playing with the tuning a little bit in order to get a good balance of power and reliability so would you recommend raising FOL to 40 and see if it brings down the trims while keeping the AFRs good?

Does the W205 JB4 have AFR safety measures like the N54 unit? If so what are those thresholds?

Thanks Terry.
If trims are maxing out and AFR going lean you can raise FOL as needed and evaluate.

The lean run and bank to bank AFR safety system is not active in the current firmware but will be in the next version we post. Could use a couple testers actually if anyone has the time.

Burger Motorsports

(#209)
Old

Car: F32
Default 08-26-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Log looks fine to me!
thanks Terry!
(#210)
Old

Car: C63s
Default 09-03-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Won't be too much longer now but still don't have an exact date. We made some improvements to the orignal design which delayed things a few weeks.
Any updates on the intakes?
(#211)
Old

Default 09-04-2019, 04:37 AM

Hope the intakes are here soon, Slipstream at Pocono is 9/15!

Other than that, any upcoming updates as far as firmware tweaks/improvements/new features?
(#212)
Old

Car: 2017 C63
Default 09-06-2019, 12:21 PM

Just grabbed one from a forum member and got a kit not owned error. Emailed the support address listed in the popup. Hope it gets unlocked soon so I can get some logs

Last edited by chongl; 09-06-2019 at 01:14 PM..
(#213)
Old

Default 09-08-2019, 09:42 AM

2nd and 3rd gear log attached of map 1...lots of wheelspin in 2nd. I had FOL set to 35 on CA piss 91. Any adjustments I need to make? Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-09-08 09_12_18_Map-1.csv (7.0 KB, 5 views)
(#214)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Default 09-08-2019, 05:46 PM

Looks like you may have had a misfire around rows 15 through 20. Timing was pulled, requested boost was pulled back, and AFR was momentarily pretty high.

You could check your plugs and gap, otherwise is probably just low octane. I would take some more logs on map 1 and see if the behavior continues or is consistent, and if so see if there might be a way to tune around it ... or move out of California so you can get decent gas.

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
(#215)
Old

Default 09-08-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Looks like you may have had a misfire around rows 15 through 20. Timing was pulled, requested boost was pulled back, and AFR was momentarily pretty high.

You could check your plugs and gap, otherwise is probably just low octane. I would take some more logs on map 1 and see if the behavior continues or is consistent, and if so see if there might be a way to tune around it ... or move out of California so you can get decent gas.
I think I can explain that one...I was in manual shift mode and I hit the rev-limiter before I expected and didn't shift for what felt like 3 seconds . You can see the speed in MPH is stuck at 65 on those cells. I know on other cars, they retard timing and pull fuel once the limiter is reached, so I'm assuming the same for the Mercedes based on the data we see. I'll let some others chime in to see what the consensus is
(#216)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Default 09-08-2019, 09:43 PM

OK, yeah could be. Other than that everything else looks good to me. AFR's are in safe range, trims good, timing good.

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
(#217)
Old

Default Another map 2 log - 09-10-2019, 03:24 PM

Terry/Jon, any thoughts on this Map 2 log? Any concern about the early trims at 44? Strange it was boosting 17 lbs (since I guess my ECU was calling for 12)?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-09-10 17_56_24_Map-2.csv (5.6 KB, 3 views)
(#218)
Old

Default 09-11-2019, 11:26 AM

Hopefully this thread is still where we post to get feedback and info.

Question for Terry and Jon...

How much "learning time" is necessary after switching maps? What I'm getting at is, this Sunday I will be at Slipstream at Pocono Raceway for their roll race event. Ideally, I was going to do progressive runs with Map 0, Map 1, and Map 2 in order to see real world results. However, should I be concerned that running the car on Map 0 and then simply switching to Map 1 for the next run (and subsequently switching to Map 2 after a Map 1 run), will not allow the car to "adapt" and perform properly? Or, is there really no learning and the car should instantly perform as needed on the appropriate map?

Was also planning on testing your intake for this event, but it is what it is. Maybe next time.
(#219)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Terry/Jon, any thoughts on this Map 2 log? Any concern about the early trims at 44? Strange it was boosting 17 lbs (since I guess my ECU was calling for 12)?
The leaner AFR is during the spool up area (lean spool mode) so that isn't a concern.

On post shift boost yes that is going to vary as it's a load based model. The JB4 target is just added on to the factory target at that moment.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#220)
Old

Default 09-12-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
The leaner AFR is during the spool up area (lean spool mode) so that isn't a concern.

On post shift boost yes that is going to vary as it's a load based model. The JB4 target is just added on to the factory target at that moment.
Thanks Terry. Please see questions right below my log. Need some input for Sunday
(#221)
Old

Default 09-14-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Thanks Terry. Please see questions right below my log. Need some input for Sunday
Bump. Anyone?
(#222)
Old

Car: 2017 C63S ED1
Default 09-14-2019, 08:34 AM

Hey guys, I’m back. As a few of you know I had to remove my entire JB4 and WMI kit do to continuous CEL’s and running poorly. Terry checked out the JB4 and BCM modules and found no issues. With all BMS gear removed my car ran fine stock. I received the JB4 and BCM back from BMS and re-installed it, the car is running fine with no CEL’s and M1, M2 and M8 (Valet) are working. Now waiting to get the Fail Safe Box back after it clears testing so I can try the WMI again! The car is pulling hard, and spins the rear 305’s in 1st and 2nd but it’s not bad so not using the reduce boost by gear at the moment. When I get the FSB back and run the WMI probably have to turn that back on
(#223)
Old

Default 09-14-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ C63S-E1
Hey guys, Im back. As a few of you know I had to remove my entire JB4 and WMI kit do to continuous CELs and running poorly. Terry checked out the JB4 and BCM modules and found no issues. With all BMS gear removed my car ran fine stock. I received the JB4 and BCM back from BMS and re-installed it, the car is running fine with no CELs and M1, M2 and M8 (Valet) are working. Now waiting to get the Fail Safe Box back after it clears testing so I can try the WMI again! The car is pulling hard, and spins the rear 305s in 1st and 2nd but its not bad so not using the reduce boost by gear at the moment. When I get the FSB back and run the WMI probably have to turn that back on
So by process of elimination, are you and BMS thinking your original install was faulty? i.e. mixed up connectors or missed reattaching something? Seems that would be the case, to me, seeing as how it ran fine when you uninstalled it and now is also fine after you reinstalled it.
(#224)
Old

Car: 2017 C63S ED1
Default 09-14-2019, 11:17 AM

No I think the install was fine, JB4 and BCM always worked initially once I got the BCM settings right. But when I added the WMI kit things went awry, I think my FSB might have had issues my car would not run normal until that was removed. I probably could have put the JB4 and BCM back in but I was so frustrated I just sent it all back to BMS for testing. If the FSB comes back with no trouble found I’ll really be scratching my head.

The WMI kit did work, but it may have been intermittent issue, just no way for me to tell.
(#225)
Old

Default 09-14-2019, 05:27 PM

BMS does it take time for the car to relearn between map switching