N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-24-2018, 10:41 AM

Yes good gains even on 91. We'll post some 91 and 93 octane numbers when time permits.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Car: AMG C63
Default 12-24-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes good gains even on 91. We'll post some 91 and 93 octane numbers when time permits.
Many thanks sir, looking forward to seeing the numbers on pump gas. I'm still waiting for my car to come in but this is high on my list of things to waste money on when I get it.
(#53)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 12-24-2018, 01:58 PM

Hi Terry, My car already had the BEF. Could the jb4 work with the tune?I don't the see the custom map for this jb4.

2014 435I xdrive EWG , JB4, Meth kit(cm10), ER CP, ER ca tl ess **, Stock tubo
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-24-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shidayuan
Hi Terry, My car already had the BEF. Could the jb4 work with the tune?I don't the see the custom map for this jb4.
Yes, log map0 to start, email it in, and I can help you with the details.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Car: MB W205 C250
Default 12-24-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Terry I am using only 98+ octane pump gas here in EU, usually 99.5octane when they do the testing. Can I expect results like you posted in first picture? How about ethanol mixture?
(#56)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 12-25-2018, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Since it's already flashed for starters just send us a JB4 log on map0 so we can see how the flash it setup, determine if there is more power to be had there for you, adjust the boost by gear, etc.
There should be a good bit of power to be had on these pure turbos �� I'll get it in as soon as I get it and shoot you over a log on map 0

Have an awesome holiday!
(#57)
Old
JB4 addict

Car: powered by JB4
Default 12-26-2018, 09:34 PM

@Terry @Payam @Jon @Christine - OMG OMG they arrived!!!!

going to have fun this weekend installing it hopefully.

(#58)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 12-27-2018, 04:14 PM

First verified install here! :

Will have some logs here shortly! Thank you guys especially Jon for all the support he gave me during install
(#59)
Old

Default 12-27-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pink
First verified install here! :

Will have some logs here shortly! Thank you guys especially Jon for all the support he gave me during install
Wow thats great. Keep us updated.
(#60)
Old

Car: 16' C63s
Default 12-31-2018, 01:05 PM

Have the JB4 installed, but having some issues. Car will drive relatively fine, but will shut start running rough, cuts power and will turn off at a stop. It's not really drive able at this point.. **note- this happens on the only maps I've tried (map 0, map 1, map 2 and map 3).
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-31-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbango
Have the JB4 installed, but having some issues. Car will drive relatively fine, but will shut start running rough, cuts power and will turn off at a stop. It's not really drive able at this point.. **note- this happens on the only maps I've tried (map 0, map 1, map 2 and map 3).
Sounds like a possible OBDII cable issue. As a first step try unplugging OBDII all together to see what effect it has. Also, emailing in for tech support will be much faster than posting here and waiting for one of us to see the thread.

As a reminder you should only be using map1 for now. And you can read codes via the JB4 app as well as record a log, to post to this thread, or email in.

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-02-2019, 09:15 PM

Keep the map1 JB4 logs rolling in!

Burger Motorsports

(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2019, 03:32 PM

Hey guys,

Found an issue with some of the C63 BETA systems shipped. There is a resistor on the JB4 control board that needs to be soldered over. If it's not, you may get a check engine light, mismatched bank to bank fuel trims when looking at JB4 logs, etc.

Photo attached to identify the issue. There should be a wire soldered across the resistor as shown.

If you're missing the wire then we've got the following options for you:

1) Leave the fuel pressure connections stock for now, leaving the rest of the JB4 plugs attached. Fortunately they are relatively easy to reach connections.
2) Email me @ terry@burgertuning.com and I can send you a replacement JB4 control board which attaches to the JB4 harness.
3) If you're handy with a soldering iron you can add the missing wire yourself.

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Default 01-04-2019, 11:39 PM

Any results, feelings, logs from actual users? I will be doing my install next weekend so any tips appreciated
(#65)
Old

Car: C63s
Default MAP 0 log - 01-07-2019, 01:57 AM

Here is a quick run I made on my C63s , im running a flash tune so the boost and timing you see are not for a stock car.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-31 18_28_04 Map-0.csv (17.6 KB, 78 views)
(#66)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 01-07-2019, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzap
Here is a quick run I made on my C63s , im running a flash tune so the boost and timing you see are not for a stock car.

If you can provide us with a longer log WOT in 2,3,4th gear that would be much appreciated , the log you provided is too short.
(#67)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-07-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzap
Need to read 2 posts above yours and follow that.

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion - View Single Post - Mercedes AMG C63 C63S JB4
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#68)
Old

Car: C63s
Default 01-09-2019, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Hi Payam

The unit has been uninstalled for some time as Iím waiting for my warranty replacement. Terry was great and he noticed the trim imbalance straight away and got me a replacement unit fedexed within a day , still waiting for it to clear customs unfortunately as nothing happens quickly in Africa !
(#69)
Old

Car: 2018 C63
Default 01-10-2019, 04:37 AM

My JB4 is up and running with the updated board.

I only tested it a little bit with map 1. It feels fine, it’s hard to tell a difference since there’s no traction.

Is it OK to test maps 2, 3 and 5 if I throw in a tank of 100 octane gas?
(#70)
Old

Car: 16' C63s
Default 01-11-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame Douglas

I only tested it a little bit with map 1. It feels fine, itís hard to tell a difference since thereís no traction.

Same here. All running fine for me now with the replacement board as of right now. Will start doing some logs. How long before we can start trying out the other maps? Have some Torco and race gas in the garage waiting to be used. Also, any ETA on the intake release?

As a side note, Terry has provided excellent support so far and quickly sent out a replacement board.
(#71)
Old

Car: 2018 C63
Default 01-11-2019, 07:40 AM

I noticed that my JB4 doesn’t detect what gear I’m in. Shouldn’t that be working for boost by gear?
(#72)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-11-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame Douglas

I only tested it a little bit with map 1. It feels fine, itís hard to tell a difference since thereís no traction.

Send us a log to evaluate first in a lower map before going higher.

Try to get a log at higher speed so you won't have traction issues

Burger Motorsports

(#73)
Old

Car: AMG GTS
Default 01-12-2019, 10:00 PM

Hello Terry I just received my JB4 today, I drive a Pure stage 1 AMG GTS with eurocharged tune and ********* with custom intakes and methanol kit and wisetec blow off valves. The car dynoed at 650 whp and 700 tq on Pump gas 93. Hopefully with the JB4 I can gain another 50+ whp. Any updates on BCM on when it will be available?
(#74)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-13-2019, 06:02 PM

Sounds good, let's get working on it. Email in a log on map0 to start!

Burger Motorsports

(#75)
Old
JB4 addict

Car: powered by JB4
Default 01-19-2019, 12:34 PM

Finally got the JB4 installed!! gotta shoutout to Jon@BMS for the help and guidance in getting to MAP #1 & 3

just wanted to confirm this bit:
Quote:
Enter the amount of boost to reduce per gear. For example, entering 3psi in 1st will reduce 1st gear by 3psi regardless of the performance map selected. We suggest values of 4psi in 1st gear, and 2psi in 2nd gear, to start.
- reducing boost per gear, is entered in the app like this. (even though description says "max boost" rather than "reduce boost?")

**all other values have not been changed - will try get logs soonish
Attached Images

Last edited by spikiii; 01-19-2019 at 02:24 PM..