N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default n54 Injector Warranty Still Valid? - 09-01-2019, 09:57 PM

Does anyone know if the injector warranty is still honored by BMW NA?

I have a 2010 with 112,000 miles and I remember they extended the warranty for this MY, was curious if anyone had luck recently getting them to honor it still.
(#2)
Old

Car: e90 FBO
Default 09-03-2019, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woopig
Does anyone know if the injector warranty is still honored by BMW NA?

I have a 2010 with 112,000 miles and I remember they extended the warranty for this MY, was curious if anyone had luck recently getting them to honor it still.
Doesn't hurt to stop by your local stealership service with your VIN and ask

My guess, most cars had it done early on when they got the HPFP replaced under a recall. in 2014 I had my injectors replaced a second time under CPO and had to pay $50 for the visit (so my guess for you would be no freebie). It's always worth a try to ask different dealerships (some service guy might be able to pull it off for ya if you ask nice)?
(#3)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 09-03-2019, 10:03 AM

I checked the warranty reimbursement website and it still has the option for me to file, just don't want to pay 2500 at the dealership and then BMW ends up not comping it.
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 09-03-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I checked the warranty reimbursement website and it still has the option for me to file, just don't want to pay 2500 at the dealership and then BMW ends up not comping it.
You should be good.

Did it w. both my 335s

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#5)
Old

Car: e90 FBO
Default 09-03-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Contact BMW NA (NJ) and ask them to email you the reimbursement process and to verify in email that your car still qualifies. Once you have all that in email you have a leg to stand on.

I would buy the parts from FCPEuro so you never have to buy the part again (lifetime warranty) Pay a local shop to use your parts for the labor to install it. Submit the bills to BMW NA as they spelled out in the reimbursement process for it to be complete. Send it USPS certified with return receipt so you have records. Make copies and scan them to your email for safe keeping. I donít know the process, just telling you what I would do to cover your azz. Also use a credit card that will go fight for you like AMEX if things go south.