N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#576)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 07-16-2019, 12:24 PM

George, any benefits to the BCM on MAPS 1-5, or just on 6? Is it actively controlling the wastegate on those maps, or still using an offset? I have a BMC installed with my JB4 and with the default settings loaded, and it seems to be having some surging issues at high load low RPM. 8th gear going up hills. Those issues were not present when just using the JB4. This is all on MAP 3 2018 S5 93 octane, 90+ degrees outside IAT in the 105-115 range.

Current Car
2018 Audi S5 Sportback - Prestige, Gotland Green
Mods - JB4
Previous Cars
2015 Audi S4, PP, Glacier White
2008 BMW e92, 335I, Space Gray, JB4
(#577)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 07-17-2019, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtjdee
George, any benefits to the BCM on MAPS 1-5, or just on 6? Is it actively controlling the wastegate on those maps, or still using an offset? I have a BMC installed with my JB4 and with the default settings loaded, and it seems to be having some surging issues at high load low RPM. 8th gear going up hills. Those issues were not present when just using the JB4. This is all on MAP 3 2018 S5 93 octane, 90+ degrees outside IAT in the 105-115 range.
When active it is used in all the maps. Spool is improved in the lower gears with it.
Drop the duty bias by 5's in that rpm range and see if it cleans things up.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#578)
Old

Car: 2019 S5 sportback
Default 07-19-2019, 02:39 PM

Hi everyone
I installed the jb4 for my 2019 s5 sportback without the Bluetooth mobile connect kit and BMS data cable. My question is which setting am I using now ? And how much horse power I gained ? Or should I really need the Bluetooth mobile kit ? Iím not good at setting for all of this but I just want to gain more power and balance. Thisís my first time upgrade the ecu if anything wrong please let me know ^^ĒĒ
Thank you for your help !
(#579)
Old

Default 07-19-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyli
Hi everyone
I installed the jb4 for my 2019 s5 sportback without the Bluetooth mobile connect kit and BMS data cable. My question is which setting am I using now ? And how much horse power I gained ? Or should I really need the Bluetooth mobile kit ? Iím not good at setting for all of this but I just want to gain more power and balance. Thisís my first time upgrade the ecu if anything wrong please let me know ^^ĒĒ
Thank you for your help !
It ships in map 1 which is relatively conservative but add 45-50hp. Quite a few users leave it as is but if you using 93 octane its well worth getting the Bluetooth kit and getting some logs over to us to dial it in further.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#580)
Old

Car: 2019 S5 sportback
Default 07-19-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
It ships in map 1 which is relatively conservative but add 45-50hp. Quite a few users leave it as is but if you using 93 octane its well worth getting the Bluetooth kit and getting some logs over to us to dial it in further.
Thank you for your quick reply and Iíll think about to get the Bluetooth kit
(#581)
Old

Car: 335xi Coupe
Thumbs up GIT MY JB4 BACK - 07-23-2019, 06:43 PM

First unit had some problems with error messages. George helped me diagnose my problem. Just got the box back, she is running like a beast now on map 4 ! No error codes amen:burnrubber

Robert

Black 2018 RS5.
(#582)
Old

Car: 2018 Audi rs5
Default 07-27-2019, 01:08 PM

Iíve tried the search function with no luck and have been searching this forum for awhile, can someone point me in the direction of the jb4 w/ 2018 Audi rs5? Additionally I can add some better install instructions since none of the photos for installation match an rs5. With better photos you can save an hour of aggrevation and you donít even need a tool to do the clean install after the grommet has been cut.
(#583)
Old

Default 07-27-2019, 02:14 PM

Also I’m trying to update the firmware on my iPhone and followed the installation video but can find no usable firmware links to make sure I’m on the latest version.
(#584)
Old

Default 07-27-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcupcakes
Iíve tried the search function with no luck and have been searching this forum for awhile, can someone point me in the direction of the jb4 w/ 2018 Audi rs5? Additionally I can add some better install instructions since none of the photos for installation match an rs5. With better photos you can save an hour of aggrevation and you donít even need a tool to do the clean install after the grommet has been cut.
Quote:
Also Iím trying to update the firmware on my iPhone and followed the installation video but can find no usable firmware links to make sure Iím on the latest version.
Since the V6 TT is lower volume we don't have a specific forum thread for it and users post here. You can update with the firmware in post 1 here if needed.

Install guides are being updated this weekend. If you keen post some photos that you think RS5 users will find usefull and we can add them to the guide.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#585)
Old

Default 07-27-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Since the V6 TT is lower volume we don't have a specific forum thread for it and users post here. You can update with the firmware in post 1 here if needed.

Install guides are being updated this weekend. If you keen post some photos that you think RS5 users will find usefull and we can add them to the guide.
I donít know how to load pictures on here, do you have an email I can send them to you.
(#586)
Old

Default 07-27-2019, 04:15 PM

2018 Audi rs5 tmap pin location. Youíll see the black insulation wrapped around line and itís down below at the bottom on the hose.
https://ibb.co/rMxp4K5
Hereís a clean way to route cables with using a few black zip ties.
https://ibb.co/FBD7rQC

Sorry for my weird posts but I dunno how to use these boards that well
(#587)
Old

Default 07-28-2019, 03:59 AM

Anyone else running an 18 rs5 on the jb4? I’m just running 93 and per the instructions it says you don’t need to install the 3rd sensor I want to verify that is correct. With that being said I’m trying to verify that map 4 is the best map for my vehicle as well. The only mods I’ve done are the AWE carbon fiber cold air instake and full exhaust suite with stock catalysts.
(#588)
Old

Default 07-28-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Anyone else running an 18 rs5 on the jb4? Iím just running 93 and per the instructions it says you donít need to install the 3rd sensor I want to verify that is correct. With that being said Iím trying to verify that map 4 is the best map for my vehicle as well. The only mods Iíve done are the AWE carbon fiber cold air instake and full exhaust suite with stock catalysts.
For 93 it is not needed.
Map 3 is what is recommended for 93 especially in the summer months. In winter with some logs we have run cars in map 4 on 93.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#589)
Old

Default Frustrated - 07-29-2019, 03:21 PM

In the old days you were able to just post something but nowadays I feel I have to say...not to be a dick but if you’re gonna have ppl spend $500-600 on these piggy backs you might want to have more detailed info. People don’t want to go through 24+ pages of forums to get information on a product they just bought. Maybe do a sticky of FAQs and a sticky on maps. It shouldn’t be the customers fault that his vehicle isn’t as popular as others on the market. Putting VW’s with all Audi’s makes it very frustrating for the customer. The customer wants to buy a product and install it with out fear of damage to their vehicle. Again I’m not trying to be a jerk but there’s waaaay to many posts for me to sift thru to use the jb4 piggyback.
(#590)
Old

Car: Audi RS5
Default 07-29-2019, 06:46 PM

I am running a JB4 on my rs5 and so far have loved it. I agree for the rs5 it’s difficult to sift through all the text to find out what you need. That being said, I have been more than happy with the customer service I’ve received from George. All it takes is an email and he will get back to you with a prompt and helpful response. I’d take that over list and pictures any day.
(#591)
Old

Default 07-30-2019, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edarnone
I am running a JB4 on my rs5 and so far have loved it. I agree for the rs5 it’s difficult to sift through all the text to find out what you need. That being said, I have been more than happy with the customer service I’ve received from George. All it takes is an email and he will get back to you with a prompt and helpful response. I’d take that over list and pictures any day.
My post prolly reads like I’m angry but I’m actually not. I’m just trying to point out and give feedback back on such a new product that’s recently been developed. Updating the stickies with more information on each model will benefit their sales and customer service greatly. I’m still trying to get info on the preinstalled maps and make sure I’m on the most updated firmware. There in no clickable link for IOS when I check nor do I see anything that tells me what is the current version. Again this may read like I’m being a jerk but I’m not, I would not have shared my photos and install ideas saving ppl with the rs5 lots of time trying to figure out how to do it. Totally trying to give good feedback on the product. Do you have to have the app running to use the current map or not? Will it hurt your vehicle with the app not open? Lol I have tons of stupid questions ><
(#592)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-30-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
My post prolly reads like Iím angry but Iím actually not. Iím just trying to point out and give feedback back on such a new product thatís recently been developed. Updating the stickies with more information on each model will benefit their sales and customer service greatly. Iím still trying to get info on the preinstalled maps and make sure Iím on the most updated firmware. There in no clickable link for IOS when I check nor do I see anything that tells me what is the current version. Again this may read like Iím being a jerk but Iím not, I would not have shared my photos and install ideas saving ppl with the rs5 lots of time trying to figure out how to do it. Totally trying to give good feedback on the product. Do you have to have the app running to use the current map or not? Will it hurt your vehicle with the app not open? Lol I have tons of stupid questions ><
We keep it like this as a full documentation for how many updates and things change within the platform.

Is there something specific you have questions on that we can make a FAQ for each platform or so?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#593)
Old

Default 07-31-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
We keep it like this as a full documentation for how many updates and things change within the platform.

Is there something specific you have questions on that we can make a FAQ for each platform or so?
Do you have to have the app opened with the jb4 installed
Which preset maps are safe to run on 93/91/e83
If my app is not opened an run my car will anything be damaged
How do I know Iím on the most current version
How come thereís no link to update on iOS
Can I install the jb4 on another car(same model)
If Iím not mixing fuels do I need to hook up the third plug
What happens if I select a higher map then my fuels rated for
Are there maps the user can personalize
If anyone ran some dynos what maps yield what gains
If I buy the jb4 what settings can I adjust
Do I need to splice any wires on installation?(no if you have the Bluetooth model)
Thatís just a few off the top of my head.
(#594)
Old

Default 07-31-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Do I need to splice any wires on installation?(no if you have the Bluetooth model)
Thatís just a few off the top of my head.
Hi,

See answers below. It would be more efficient if you could email me at george@burgertuning.com

The app is a window to view what the JB4 is doing and it doesnt need to be connected at all times

Map 1 for 91 and 2 with 91 in colder weather
For 93 map 3
You cannot run straight E85, mix 5 gal to a full tank of fuel and map 4 and 5 are good

See first answer

All units shipped since February are current. New firmware versions will be posted with the firmware version number that you can check in the User adjustment section of the app whilst connected

Not sure what you asking, to update the firmware go to the settings tab in the app, click update firmware and navigate to post 1 of this thread where the firmware can be selected

Yes, the unit does not Vin log and it can be sold on or used in any of the cars in the application list on the Group 7 sales page

No, its only needed for ethanol blends and race fuel when using map 3 and 4

The ECU will adjust the timing accordingly with adaptions, it is fine to drive the car like that but not for sustained use. The engine cannot break but you will get better performance with the suitable map for the octane

Map 6 is user adjustable, we get logs from users for that and typically it is only used if the logs in map 5 are prefect and there is room for more power

From what we have gathered map 1 and 2 will yield 50-55hp, map 3 60, map 4 70 and map 5 80 although we have seen larger gains in dyno rooms that have suitable cooling since the charge cooler really take strain in a static environment without road speed air flow

The maps and boost at this stage. Waist gate response can also be changed but we provide all settings changes once we view logs

You dont need to splice into the OEM harness of the car for anything. Bluetooth module gets power from the JB4 harness with a positap

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#595)
Old
SQ519TV

Car: 2019 Audi SQ5
Default 07-31-2019, 04:59 PM

George,

I purchased a JB4 for my new 2019 Audi SQ5 back around March of this year and am about to install it. I wanted to break in my engine first and am finally ready.

I use Mobil 93 octane in the Northeast. Also, I purchased the JB4 with the BT module so I can connect my phone.

I assume I should install the app onto my Android phone first. Then once I do that, where can I find written and/or video installation instructions for the JB4?

How will I know what map the JB4 is set to default to once connected?

How do you change maps? And does the JB4 and Vehicle adapt quickly to the map changes? I ask because I used to have a DTUK unit and it seemed like it took a day of driving to change to the new map when selected.

Also, should I update the software on the JB4 once installed and connected to my phone app? I would imagine you have had a number of revisions since March.

Thank you!

Last edited by SQ519TV; 07-31-2019 at 05:05 PM..
(#596)
Old

Default 08-01-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ519TV
George,

I purchased a JB4 for my new 2019 Audi SQ5 back around March of this year and am about to install it. I wanted to break in my engine first and am finally ready.

I use Mobil 93 octane in the Northeast. Also, I purchased the JB4 with the BT module so I can connect my phone.

I assume I should install the app onto my Android phone first. Then once I do that, where can I find written and/or video installation instructions for the JB4?

How will I know what map the JB4 is set to default to once connected?

How do you change maps? And does the JB4 and Vehicle adapt quickly to the map changes? I ask because I used to have a DTUK unit and it seemed like it took a day of driving to change to the new map when selected.

Also, should I update the software on the JB4 once installed and connected to my phone app? I would imagine you have had a number of revisions since March.

Thank you!
Hi,

There is a video in post 1 that shows how the JB4 mobile works and how to select maps etc.
The unit ships in map 1. On 93 you can use map 3.
Once you got the app installed go to Settings then View Account settings and create a login. To connect to the JB4 turn phone Bluetooth on and in the Display section of the app is the Connect button. Click that. (don't pair as you would traditional Bluetooth devices).
The adaption period is very short. Note that the unit does have water temperature protection so if the temp is no 169F the JB4 is inactive.
You can download the JB4 install guide from here: https://www.n54tech.com/instructions...s4_install.pdf

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#597)
Old

Car: Audi S4 B9
Default 08-16-2019, 08:33 AM

Hi, is anyone else facing recurring fCELs when using the SENT unit with the bluetooth piece?

Almost everyday I get fault codes 8A4B and 8A4F together with a CEL and no boosting afterwards. These occur in any driving situation, stopped at a red light, braking, cruising, etc. Getting rid of them through the JB4 usually random results, but after some tries they go away.

I got a new Bluetooth unit as warranty since there was an incompatibility issue diagnosed with “older” (nov 2018) units, but faults are still happening which is concerning and frustrating...

Any others in the same boat?

Thanks!
(#598)
Old

Default 08-16-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia
Anyone run this on a S5 SB? The install guide pics for the OBD harness look different than on my car:

Can't find a way to run the harness to the engine bay.
Thatís looks like the rs5, Iím out right now maybe check my links I posted not to long ago
(#599)
Old

Default 08-16-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Thatís looks like the rs5, Iím out right now maybe check my links I posted not to long ago
https://ibb.co/NrmdJ6gpull the plug out here then push it back in that slot and route it behind the dead pedal.

https://ibb.co/m9ZxD9M

I have a 2018 rs5 and that looks close. From under the hood you can stick your hand thru my first picture and go straight left about 5-6 inches and find your fishing wire.
(#600)
Old

Car: S4 B9
Default 08-19-2019, 02:25 PM

Hey Guys,

anyone installed BCM to the "old" JB4? I cant found installation manual for BCM.

At the moment Iīm driving without JB4, the car was by service (0w20 oil fŁr 409 EUROS, FU Audi!) and the car feels really luggish...

8W5 CWGD ||@BMS
5F CJSA || Full Stock
A/H Z18XER || @EDS

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"What we dealing with here is a total lack of respect to the law" (c) TP 1994