N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default Has anyone used the Race ramps flat stoppers - 03-23-2016, 07:49 PM

I was looking to buy these tire flat stoppers and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them? I wanted to know because my garage has a minor incline and was wondering if the small lip in the race ramps could hold my car. Because whenever I store the car for winter I don't have the parking brake set as they may seize to the rotors, and I don't have the car in gear go reduce strain on the return springs. I would love to hear some feedback.
(#2)
Old
Demigod

Default 03-31-2016, 11:35 PM

Ok guys if you have any advice please just PM me (as im unsubbing from this to clear up my subscription box) that would be greatly appreciated.
(#3)
Old

Default 06-10-2016, 08:55 AM

if you were worried you could put it on jack stands with some wood under the lower control arms.

Houston, TX
Jet Black 2011 335i Sport 6MT:

Mods:
BMS Intake, JB4 Iso, BMS E85 BEF, CPe Chargepipe, ETS 5", Megan Racing turbo outlet, BMS OCC, SS Brake Lines, BMS CDV, MFactory LSD + mounts, 335is clutch, MFactory SMFW, 650i finned diff cover, Pure Inlet, Fuel-it Stg2 LPFP + Plat TBI, E46 Trans mounts, Turner Pedals, Mishimoto wheel lugs, Turner 10mm spacers, Msport Interior, M3 armrest, M3 Control arms, EvoRaceWerks F30 TIC pipe
(#4)
Old
Demigod

Default 06-10-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedsblue0023
if you were worried you could put it on jack stands with some wood under the lower control arms.
I tried that on my STI it was ok but its hard to add the amount of wood needed to simulate the cars full weight on the suspension. So eventually you'll still suffer from some suspension/bushing sag or wearing. Thats why I wanted more info on the flat stoppers, trust me I've searched alot and have done some of the aforementioned methods with varying success.

Currently I just bought a new set of rims and put on old tires just to have them sit on those.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#5)
Old

Default 06-10-2016, 07:38 PM

thats a good cheap move. leave it in gear with chocks.

Houston, TX
Jet Black 2011 335i Sport 6MT:

Mods:
BMS Intake, JB4 Iso, BMS E85 BEF, CPe Chargepipe, ETS 5", Megan Racing turbo outlet, BMS OCC, SS Brake Lines, BMS CDV, MFactory LSD + mounts, 335is clutch, MFactory SMFW, 650i finned diff cover, Pure Inlet, Fuel-it Stg2 LPFP + Plat TBI, E46 Trans mounts, Turner Pedals, Mishimoto wheel lugs, Turner 10mm spacers, Msport Interior, M3 armrest, M3 Control arms, EvoRaceWerks F30 TIC pipe
(#6)
Old
Demigod

Default 07-05-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedsblue0023
thats a good cheap move. leave it in gear with chocks.
If you leave it in gear then the shifter return springs fatigue making the shifter floppy. It also puts unnecessary strain on the transmission.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now