N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 335
Default 01-01-2016, 08:43 AM

I'm interested in seeing how much progress you will have made when this product is released.

I've got a hole in my wallet, waiting to add more power to my 340. It feels really, really slow compared to my modded N54.
(#52)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 01-01-2016, 10:21 AM

Terry BMW is requiring an exhaust with MPPK any interest in doing some muffler removed pulls next time you strap it down to see if indeed it is a restriction?
(#53)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2016, 10:56 AM

That sounds more like a marketing thing. I don't think the exhaust is much of a restriction at all. We'll probably test it at some point, though.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel
I'm interested in seeing how much progress you will have made when this product is released.

I've got a hole in my wallet, waiting to add more power to my 340. It feels really, really slow compared to my modded N54.
On the pump gas map we're at the point now that we're just waiting for early adapters to help continue the BETA testing process.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Default 01-01-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On the pump gas map we're at the point now that we're just waiting for early adapters to help continue the BETA testing process.
Please let me know if you need another tester.
(#56)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i E92
Default 01-05-2016, 07:01 AM

I'm ready to be a tester!! I traded in my 08 E92 N54 with JB4 for this and I've been excited about the potential of the B58!

Last edited by IceMan565; 01-05-2016 at 07:13 AM..
(#57)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2016, 09:30 AM

Nice looking car! We plan to add the BETA tuner to our site later this week with a special early adopter price, of course.

Just waiting for the new enclosures to come in!

Burger Motorsports

(#58)
Old

Default 01-07-2016, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Nice looking car! We plan to add the BETA tuner to our site later this week with a special early adopter price, of course.

Awesome! Just let me know when it goes live and the special pricing!
(#59)
Old

Default 01-07-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:

Those enclosures need to hurry up. My 340 is slow compared to my Stage 3 N54. I need more power!
(#60)
Old
JB4 addict

Car: powered by JB4
Default 01-07-2016, 01:44 PM

Keen for the Beta~!!

I take it the beta --> non-beta should just be software related right? not hardware changes?
(#61)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 01-07-2016, 10:28 PM

holy moly it's live~!!! going to get the jb4 + cable combo

http://burgertuning.com/B58_JB4_bmw_...nce_tuner.html

Terry, what's the Early Adapter? when this gets out of beta, will the people using it need to buy additional adapters?
(#62)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 01-07-2016, 11:45 PM

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to say early "adopter."

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#63)
Old

Default 01-08-2016, 10:58 AM

I just placed my order. Is there an install guide published anywhere yet? I've done the install and removal on my old N54 but I'm sure there are some differences. Also wondering if there is a clean way to run the USB through the dash like on the E9x's.
(#64)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 01-08-2016, 04:16 PM

+1 for install guide please :D
(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2016, 06:29 PM

Will work on the install guide next week as well. It's pretty easy. Like an F30 JB4. USB runs in with the OBDII CANbus on the drivers side and can be tucked behind the the interior covers nicely.

Burger Motorsports

(#66)
Old
JB4 addict

Default 01-10-2016, 01:41 AM

^ awesome, will be on the look out. I had the N20 stage 1... but I'm guessing the install is different for the JB4 including the routing for OBDII.

On order and waiting, so i'll look at the F series JB4 install for now :D - Also being RHD here.. i'm guessing the routing through driver's side should be the same right?
(#67)
Old

Default 01-11-2016, 09:39 AM

I'm seeing the page, but I can't see a buy now button on the site. It must be because my job has a proxy...I'll check the website tonight from home.

Terry, I know you don't have a crystal ball, but are you pretty confident that the product will be going live with this hardware?
(#68)
Old

Car: n54 335i
Default 01-11-2016, 09:58 AM

Wow, 320 hp published numbers and 330 whp. Great engine. What is the stock boost of this engine?
(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-11-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel
I'm seeing the page, but I can't see a buy now button on the site. It must be because my job has a proxy...I'll check the website tonight from home.

Terry, I know you don't have a crystal ball, but are you pretty confident that the product will be going live with this hardware?
No hardware changes are planned. We may add some addl harness connections. There are two in specific that I have on our development mule that are not on the production units. But those are easy to snap in later if we decide they are useful. Those connectors and any other hardware will be provided free of charge to early adapters.

Added beta install guide to the B58 sticky.

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 01-11-2016, 05:46 PM

Exciting stuff, our contacts with close ties to BMW have already placed an order for a turbo for us. Ill keep you updated when it comes in Terry. Let you know what kind of potential I see.

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
(#71)
Old

Default 01-11-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
No hardware changes are planned. We may add some addl harness connections. There are two in specific that I have on our development mule that are not on the production units. But those are easy to snap in later if we decide they are useful. Those connectors and any other hardware will be provided free of charge to early adapters.

Awesome. Paid!
(#72)
Old

Default 01-16-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Terry, I'm having a problem finding the correct grommet. I've got a very large grommet and a double nippled (hehe) grommet that sits on sits on a small horizontal section of the firewall. One of the nippled grommets is used, but the other one isn't. Will i need to cut the nipple of the unused grommet to pass the cabling throught the firewall?
The pictures in the install guide dont match my engine bay. I understand that theyve been taken from the N55 install guide.

I've got a rwd manual if that helps.

A picture of the section where the grommets are below. The large grommet is in the center of the photo and the double nippled grommet sits right below it. Thanks!

Last edited by secretsquirrel; 01-16-2016 at 10:34 AM..
(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2016, 11:01 AM

We use the grommet where the clutch line would otherwise be. For manuals the clutch line is in the grommet so you need to either pop the grommet out or cut a small slit in it to fit the CANbus wire by.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Default 01-16-2016, 11:22 AM

Thanks for the quick response, Terry (as always). I'm guessing there will be enough room for the USB cord, I'll have to confirm.

The rest of the install has been a breeze.

One very small thing I might add to the install guide is to first place the box in the cowl area and route the wires out, since the box is too large to pass through the cowl area (at least for manuals). Not a big deal since the "rework" takes all of 90 seconds.

Last edited by secretsquirrel; 01-16-2016 at 11:28 AM..
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2016, 11:25 AM

Interesting. Since we're in BETA any install photos you or anyone else might care to take would be appreciated, to help us augment the guide. I know it needs a bit of work.

Burger Motorsports