N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Phoenix Racing Aluminum Intake Manifold w/ Port Injection for N55! - 09-05-2018, 09:34 PM

Good news, have these in stock for N55 motors now too!

http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_PORT..._MANIFOLD.html

Available with or without a matching Fuel-IT injector and PNP fuel line kit! $649 for the manifold and $1049 with the PNP injector kit!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 09-05-2018, 10:16 PM

Sweet!!! F series n55 compatible too right? (I mean it should be as the manifolds between the E series N55 and F series N55 are the same).

How much of the engine cover needs to be cut to make it fit?

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2018, 10:49 AM

Yes, E and F compatible.

On engine covers don't know. We removed them on ours. Plan on not running one and maybe you can trim to fit as needed.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55
Default 09-06-2018, 11:36 AM

Awesome, I am close to pulling the trigger on PI and this is exactly what I need. I'm going to love getting rid of that plastic intake manifold.

2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG
Injen CAI/ER CP/VRSF C-less DPipe/Active A FMIC/JB4 v3 - Map 7/e50/Custom tuned exhaust/stock turbo/Resonator Delete/MHD & JB4 e85 BEF/Stage 2 LPFP Walbro 450
Summer '19 install: Speedtech BW 8374/PI & Tune by Trebila
(#5)
Old

Car: BMW M2
Default 09-06-2018, 02:56 PM

If you already have the Fuel-It PI kit and want to move the injectors over, is there any way to buy the kit without the 750cc injectors but everything else?

Thanks!

'17 BMW M2 - [DCT/N55] - PureTurbos Stage 2 Turbo - JB4 + MHD BEF - Fuel-It Methanol PI
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-06-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav
If you already have the Fuel-It PI kit and want to move the injectors over, is there any way to buy the kit without the 750cc injectors but everything else?

Thanks!
Yup! Phoenix Racing N55 Port Injection Intake Manifold ala-cart ($649.99)

http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_PORT..._MANIFOLD.html

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: 2011 335i Convertible
Default 09-07-2018, 10:17 AM

If I wanted to run Port Meth Injection and I already have the BMS Meth kit, what other pieces besides this intake are needed?

Thanks,
TD

2011 335i - JB4 ISO | MHD E85 PI BEF | Exhaust Mods | CP | 5" stepped FMIC | BMS Meth Injection | BMS Intake | Pure Stage 2 | Pure Inlet | FF wires | Fuel It Stage 2 | DV+ | N20 TMAP | Ethanol mix
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-07-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tho
If I wanted to run Port Meth Injection and I already have the BMS Meth kit, what other pieces besides this intake are needed?

Thanks,
TD
You would need a couple of fittings and lines to cross over your current stuff to PI. Steve@fuel it should be able to take care of you if you email him, he can also set you up with the manifold.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 09-30-2018, 08:47 PM

Are the injectors that come with the kit methanol compatible?

Also, can I just buy the entire kit and plug in my Fuel-It methanol JB4 PI controller to the injectors and be good to go, or will there need to be changes made to the controller?

Thanks in advance! I'll be purchasing one of these for my F87 assuming its plug-and-play with my current PI setup!

'17 BMW M2 - [DCT/N55] - PureTurbos Stage 2 Turbo - JB4 + MHD BEF - Fuel-It Methanol PI
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-30-2018, 09:16 PM

Controller is the same. Injectors are the same ones in the Fuel-IT PI kit which they say are meth compatible.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 10-01-2018, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Controller is the same. Injectors are the same ones in the Fuel-IT PI kit which they say are meth compatible.
Perfect! Thanks for the info Terry

(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-01-2018, 07:13 AM

Looks awesome under the engine bay.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW X6 35i
Default 10-14-2018, 06:09 AM

Would I still need to get the FI650HP kit? Also if I plan on doing meth I can still use the chargepipe bung?

Project Succubus - 2015 Estoril Blue M235i F23
Sponsors: SoloWerks, Extreme PowerHouse, and AEM Intake Systems
(#14)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-15-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedX
Would I still need to get the FI650HP kit? Also if I plan on doing meth I can still use the chargepipe bung?
If you plan on doing full e85, then you will need to upgrade your LPFP.

We advise against methanol and PI together, there is no benefit in running both at the same time. PI is what you should be using.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 10-15-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
If you plan on doing full e85, then you will need to upgrade your LPFP.

We advise against methanol and PI together, there is no benefit in running both at the same time. PI is what you should be using.
I would be running meth for the octane boost and the pi for additional fueling not e85. I'm in CA and can only get 91 octane and e85 isnt conveniently/efficiently located near me.

(#16)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-15-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
I would be running meth for the octane boost and the pi for additional fueling not e85. I'm in CA and can only get 91 octane and e85 isnt conveniently/efficiently located near me.
You should do meth port injection then with the intake manifold.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 10-15-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
You should do meth port injection then with the intake manifold.
I thought the bottle neck for over 450hp was not enough fueling? So why would I do port meth and not fueling?

(#18)
Old

Car: 11 335i 6MT RWD
Default 10-15-2018, 12:32 PM

Meth is fuel.

E90 N55 RWD 6MT MHD Speedtech EFR7670 MFactory LSD
(#19)
Old
Legend

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 10-15-2018, 01:37 PM

The more methanol you spray the more fueling and octane benefit you will get. At those power levels pump gas will not have enough octane to push you further so while you need more fuel you also need more octane. The amount of methanol sprayed through a single nozzle will not get you the results you want. I agree with Payam, methanol port injection would be best for your application.

2011 E92 335i Auto
12.0 @ 125MPH JB4
11.7 @ 120MPH E30 MHD / 0-60 3.66
Sold

2014 E84 X1 35i 12.75 @ 107MPH / 0-60 4.55 / 293 AWHP 305 AWTQ When stock
VRSF Chargepipe | BMS Intake | JB4 ISO | N20 TMAP | VRSF 7" Intercooler | ER Turbo Outlet | XHP Stage 2 | BMS Methanol Injection |
(#20)
Old

Default 10-15-2018, 02:44 PM

So meth with port injection will support 500whp alone?

(#21)
Old
Legend

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 10-15-2018, 03:10 PM

I have not ran it personally but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run that much volume. I think the real question is how much can the pump supply and how quickly do you need to refill your methanol tank. Are you running a different turbo?

2011 E92 335i Auto
12.0 @ 125MPH JB4
11.7 @ 120MPH E30 MHD / 0-60 3.66
Sold

2014 E84 X1 35i 12.75 @ 107MPH / 0-60 4.55 / 293 AWHP 305 AWTQ When stock
VRSF Chargepipe | BMS Intake | JB4 ISO | N20 TMAP | VRSF 7" Intercooler | ER Turbo Outlet | XHP Stage 2 | BMS Methanol Injection |
(#22)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-15-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
So meth with port injection will support 500whp alone?
It is capable of a lot more than that but yes it can do 500whp without issues.

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Default 10-15-2018, 04:55 PM

Terry, Payam or Steve, do you happen to have the specs of the O-rings on the fuel injection side for the injectors (the side that goes into the intake manifold)?

I'm planning on swapping my 550cc injectors over from my fuel-it rail to this manifold and would like to replace the O-rings on that side for peace of mind. I already have the the specs of O-rings for the feed side, just need them for the injection side... assuming they're different?

(#24)
Old

Default 10-15-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Boost
I have not ran it personally but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run that much volume. I think the real question is how much can the pump supply and how quickly do you need to refill your methanol tank. Are you running a different turbo?
I'm not running anything yet, I'm FBO but I'm trying to learn and plan for future upgrades. I dont have a specific HP goal other than what ps2 and the intake port injection can do safely and DD reliablely.

Quote:
It is capable of a lot more than that but yes it can do 500whp without issues.
Which do you think is gonna be the better way to get close or over 500whp reliably yet cost efficiently(its a DD) with fuel injection or meth?

(#25)
Old

Default 10-15-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I'm not running anything yet, I'm FBO but I'm trying to learn and plan for future upgrades. I dont have a specific HP goal other than what ps2 and the intake port injection can do safely and DD reliablely.

Which do you think is gonna be the better way to get close or over 500whp reliably yet cost efficiently(its a DD) with fuel injection or meth?
100% with methanol to get 500wHP and have it run solid. Methanol isn't as much as a burden as people make it out to be. Get a decent sized tank and you really won't have to worry about it too much unless you're doing extensive track days. In those cases, just prepare ahead of time and bring out extra methanol with you.

I run a 3 gallon tank and methanol PI on my PS2 M2 and haven't regretted it once.