N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 328i
Default 04-01-2015, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobX3
I've never heard of TMC. I assumed brand x was one of the many others stateside here. Since we are on the subject, Is what they are claiming for OBD flashing legit? This is the first I have seen any company or individual claim they have one for sale to an end user. Terry?
(#27)
Old
Registered Users

Car: 14' F25 X3 xDrive28 M-Sport AlpineWhite DHP
Default 04-03-2015, 10:49 PM

Terry a question I have is, are these Dyno ran at the stock level of the bms stage1 without increasing it to more psi ? I was told somewhere that BMS Stage1 comes at 3.5 psi where afe scorcher comes at 4.5 if im not mistaken.

PumpGas is on 91 or 93 octane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For those wondering about the EWG vs. pneumatic here is an old Stage1 test done some time ago on a 100% stock EWG 328i. We'll test "BRAND X" on the same car down the road as well. And expect similar results.

Last edited by LycanX4M40i; 04-03-2015 at 11:26 PM..
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2015, 09:23 AM

The default on the new Stage1 is 4.0psi. And it can be adjusted using a BMS DATA cable to as high as 6.5psi if you want. The pump gas was 4.0 and race gas 6.0 in the runs above, IIRC.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old
Registered Users

Default 04-04-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The default on the new Stage1 is 4.0psi. And it can be adjusted using a BMS DATA cable to as high as 6.5psi if you want. The pump gas was 4.0 and race gas 6.0 in the runs above, IIRC.
Are there any MPG improvement on BMS Stage1 ?
I've heard my friend that had JB4 saw some improvement while driving in the highway decently.
I am tempted to try it but not enough funds and the current tune has been good since before Winter.
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobX3
Are there any MPG improvement on BMS Stage1 ?
I've heard my friend that had JB4 saw some improvement while driving in the highway decently.
I am tempted to try it but not enough funds and the current tune has been good since before Winter.
No none of the N20 tunes can provide any MPG improvement. Not your current tune, not the Stage1, and not even the JB4. Certainly not the Stage1 tunes.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old

Car: 328i
Default 04-06-2015, 09:08 AM

Is the stage 1 boost for the S55 adjustable up to 6psi as well? If so, what octane would you recommend running at 5 or 6 psi? I have access to standard 93 octane with @ 10% ethanol.
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2015, 09:20 AM

For the S55 you'll need a full JB4 to run higher power levels than Stage1 offers.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old
Registered Users

Default 05-06-2015, 07:38 PM

Shop was under construction nd moving so they finally got to us the Corrected: STD and Smoothing 5 graphs
Attached Images

Last edited by LycanX4M40i; 05-07-2015 at 09:51 PM..
(#34)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2015, 08:53 PM

Just get a BMS DATA cable and datalog it on map 0 (stock) and map 1 (tuned) and we can do a basic evaluation based on that.

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2015, 09:06 PM

Stage1 is not upgradable to a JB4, cable is on our website, and there is a 3rd party apple interface that is compatible.

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2015, 09:41 PM

It's in the N54 section under 3rd party interfaces.

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-03-2015, 07:37 AM

Hi,

I am supprised - on the graphs - as My Z4 N20 seems to produce more power and its not using race gas?

using the same logs I also got these results as well.

I have included weight of car, full 3/4 tank of fuel and myself

Enclosed is the logs files
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2015-07-01 12_37_26 (1).csv (15.5 KB, 131 views)
(#38)
Old
Registered Users

Default 07-03-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOYQ
Hi,

I am supprised - on the graphs - as My Z4 N20 seems to produce more power and its not using race gas?

using the same logs I also got these results as well.

I have included weight of car, full 3/4 tank of fuel and myself

Enclosed is the logs files
What is Virtual Dyno?
Maybe could be also your car weighs less? better tires? etc
(#39)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-06-2015, 02:38 AM

What is Virtual Dyno?: Software that I export the logs from the JB4 to to create an Virtual Dyno Grapth.

Maybe could be also your car weighs less? better tires? etc- you input weigh specific for the car and also size of tyers

This is why I have posted the log files, for an expert opionion
(#40)
Old
Registered Users

Default 07-14-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOYQ
What is Virtual Dyno?: Software that I export the logs from the JB4 to to create an Virtual Dyno Grapth.

Maybe could be also your car weighs less? better tires? etc- you input weigh specific for the car and also size of tyers

This is why I have posted the log files, for an expert opionion
thank you
(#41)
Old
Registered Users

Default 07-14-2015, 08:49 AM

@Terry , is it true the JB4 now does not need to tap into wiring ? (New Version)
Also, how much RaceGas was in the tank at the time of the Dyno?
I have a friend with a BMS Stage1 who is going to let me borrow and i want to Dyno & test my 1/4 with it. Since I already did with my RaceChip but isn't 6+ psi on a stock car too much for SoCal temps?
(#42)
Old
Registered Users

Default 11-07-2015, 05:14 PM

@Terry
Anymore testing with the N20/N26?
Have you seen any improvement of ********* on the N20? or disadvantage?

Thanks
(#43)
Old

Default 03-07-2017, 02:14 PM

Can I use stage one (4psi) on N20 using 91 octane gas?
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2017, 06:08 PM

Yes

Burger Motorsports