N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 328i
Default 02-23-2015, 11:33 AM

Thats a nice a/w aftercooler setup for a stock C class. Would be nice to see BMW do that on non M cars like the 328.
(#52)
Old

Car: MB
Default 03-04-2015, 09:14 PM

received new harness Terry.. looks very nice.

Currently travelling to Bay area on a weekly basis, no chance to continue to play with the JB4 settings and change harness.

Question for you:

is there a list of Maps for the MB Jb4
Map 0
Map 1
Map 2
Map 3

I'll start going through the other posts and start learning how to start adjusting some of the boost settings and other parameters.

Still running around 30% E85 in every fill up. No issues so far and car really behaves pretty strong.

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
2012 E550 Coupe 4.7L Bi-Turbo
2008 Toyota Land Cruiser 5.7V8
(#53)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-05-2015, 10:38 AM

Little of what you're going to read about tunes we make for other vehicles will be relevant to the C300 or C400. So stick to this thread for relevant information.

Map 0, 1, and 2 are the only usable maps currently.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#54)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-05-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Little of what you're going to read about tunes we make for other vehicles will be relevant to the C300 or C400. So stick to this thread for relevant information.

Map 0, 1, and 2 are the only usable maps currently.
Can you upload a pic of optional D spot?

What are the differences between map 1 and 2. Are there any software for the MB Jb so I can change maps?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Default 03-07-2015, 12:44 PM

Any doubts of using e85 should be put to ease with this link.

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/benz/green#module-6

Mb made the 300 &400 flex fuel

So far I have added upto 6 gallos of e85 -10 gallons of 91. And cars runs strong.

Might need develop a e85 tune?

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
(#56)
Old

Default 03-07-2015, 12:45 PM

So far I have added upto 6 gallos of e85 -10 gallons of 91. And strong.

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
(#57)
Old

Car: 2015 Mercedes-Benz C300
Default 03-09-2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun32

I think before everyone starts pouring full on E85 into their tank, you guys should read the disclaimer on that link. Flex fuel compatibility is only available in certain states and says you have to order it along with the car. I'm in Canada, my car certainly doesn't have it since I checked the owner's manual and it specifically says don't use E85. For those of you who did get that option though, you guys are in luck.
(#58)
Old

Car: C400
Default 03-14-2015, 12:23 PM

Ordered mine yesterday, Can't wait to see what kind of performance gains I get.
(#59)
Old

Default 03-14-2015, 07:00 PM

I must be among the first to order the harness for my C400 in Canada. I ordered it the first day it went up on sale on burger tuning website.

A very noticeable improvement throughout the power band and I had a chance to play with it for a week before I uninstalled it for some warranty work at my dealership. Without the harness the stock performance felt very sluggish in comparison, dare I say slow and heavy. Plugged it back in last week and the car felt like it was eager to go again.

My new question though is for the maps that are included on the harness; what exactly is different between them? Map 0, map 1, and map 2? I'd like to know before I pull the plug and order the burger tuning USB cable for it.
(#60)
Old

Car: MB W205 C250
Default 03-22-2015, 01:37 AM

Going to buy tuning for my EU C250 W205 2015.

Do you have any numbers? I have stock 211HP and 350Nm.. Is there any possiblity to reach US C300 numbers?

Thanks
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-22-2015, 09:41 AM

I don't have many dyno numbers yet. But, I expect gains in the 25whp range on the 250 using the base map. Get the BMS DATA cable and we'll do some logs and explore cranking it up for you if those look good.

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old

Default 03-23-2015, 04:46 AM

Can the harness sold for the C400 be used interchangeably with the C300? Or is there a software difference that prevents this?
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-23-2015, 08:24 AM

The system is interchangeable between both models.

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Default 03-26-2015, 05:09 AM

My earlier question of what the different maps did was not answered yet.

What is different between map 0, map 1, map 2? I need this information to decide if it is worth purchasing the BMS usb cable for the harness.
(#65)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335xi E90 N55
Default 03-26-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Just as a little update our production harnesses are finally in and testing to this point has been flawless. The same harness is compatible with the C300 & C400 models. We'll be working on the installation manuals today and expect to ship any pending orders Monday.
Is that an Air to Water Intercooler on the C300, and does the C400 have one, also?

2011 335i xDrive ///M-Sport LeMans Blue Navigation iDrive 15% Tint N55 E90 - BMS Intake, Le Mans Blue Grilles, Le Mans Blue Rear Diffuser, Alpina B3 TCU Flash, Misc Coding, Matte Black Badge, Gloss Black Exhaust Tips, Blue Calipers*, VRSF Charge Pipe*, Cyba Scoops*, JB4 ISO 5.5, Sport Oil Cooler Valve, FlexFuel (Fuel Rail Pressure) Wires, GoFastBits DV+, Ethanol Content Sensor - No problems up to E70 fuel mix
* Painted 7251 Cobalt Blue Metallic - Matches LeMans Blue
(#66)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-26-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timereaper
My earlier question of what the different maps did was not answered yet.

What is different between map 0, map 1, map 2? I need this information to decide if it is worth purchasing the BMS usb cable for the harness.
Map 0 is OEM operation, map 1 is the base map of approx 3psi over stock, and map 2 is a stronger map of approx 5psi over stock, which would be used with race gas or a small E85 mix.

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old

Default 03-26-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboudre
Is that an Air to Water Intercooler on the C300, and does the C400 have one, also?
yes.. the air to water IC sits in front of the engine.. away from the V

there is no FMIC or H/E like other cars.

its a good location behind the fan and easy to access for upgrade and changing charge *****.

there is a seperate circuit for coolatant but does not seem to be dedicated for IC coolant use.

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
(#68)
Old

Default 03-26-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Map 0 is OEM operation, map 1 is the base map of approx 3psi over stock, and map 2 is a stronger map of approx 5psi over stock, which would be used with race gas or a small E85 mix.
this is exactly what I'm getting on the C400.

Hoping as the 400 series cars come out in RWD form (CLS, E, S) there would dynos available to understand power levels.

so far very happy with map 2

2015 C400 3L Bi-Turbo
(#69)
Old

Default 04-01-2015, 11:31 AM

Would it be safe to run map 2 with the +5 psi over stock on regular 91 octane gas for C400? Or will that be very bad for the cars health

Just considering since map 1 would be considered a conservative tune and E85 is not easily accessible where I live.
(#70)
Old

Car: C300 RWD
Default 04-07-2015, 11:26 PM

Terry,

I'm interested in the C300 tune. I have a RWD 300 coming in this weekend. I don't have an E85 station near, so 91 is it for me. Map 1 would work at 3PSI and decently with it?

Thanks
(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2015, 12:26 PM

Yes, that's what I run on ours. Map 1 with 91.

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old

Default 04-08-2015, 05:57 PM

The new infiniti will come with MB c400 engine, u will tune it?
(#73)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335xi E90 N55
Default 04-08-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135idct
The new infiniti will come with MB c400 engine, u will tune it?
Oh, I had to Google that. Very interesting. I was wondering what they were going to do, as it seems that most automakers are going turbo to keep up with efficiency requirements. I only saw the Q50 was going to have the 2.0 (C300) engine. I don't like how they went to the QXX instead of keeping the engine size in the name. I don't really like how MB & BMW abandoned their engine size in the model number, either. It's like you have to go back, do some research, and re calibrate your perception. They keep the horsepower about the same but change the engine size, so why not make up some horsepower class type number?

Anyway...

2011 335i xDrive ///M-Sport LeMans Blue Navigation iDrive 15% Tint N55 E90 - BMS Intake, Le Mans Blue Grilles, Le Mans Blue Rear Diffuser, Alpina B3 TCU Flash, Misc Coding, Matte Black Badge, Gloss Black Exhaust Tips, Blue Calipers*, VRSF Charge Pipe*, Cyba Scoops*, JB4 ISO 5.5, Sport Oil Cooler Valve, FlexFuel (Fuel Rail Pressure) Wires, GoFastBits DV+, Ethanol Content Sensor - No problems up to E70 fuel mix
* Painted 7251 Cobalt Blue Metallic - Matches LeMans Blue
(#74)
Old

Default 04-08-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboudre
Oh, I had to Google that. Very interesting. I was wondering what they were going to do, as it seems that most automakers are going turbo to keep up with efficiency requirements. I only saw the Q50 was going to have the 2.0 (C300) engine. I don't like how they went to the QXX instead of keeping the engine size in the name. I don't really like how MB & BMW abandoned their engine size in the model number, either. It's like you have to go back, do some research, and re calibrate your perception. They keep the horsepower about the same but change the engine size, so why not make up some horsepower class type number?

Anyway...
they will put the mb v6 tt instead the NA engine from the 370z in the Q60 coupe and Q50 in 2017 models, it's official from infiniti do some search
(#75)
Old

Car: C300 RWD
Default 04-08-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Yes, that's what I run on ours. Map 1 with 91.
Where can I message you direct? thanks.