N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#10876)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2017, 01:43 PM

First post is generally accurate, as far as I recall. We'll have an updated version with 32.7 since we added the 2 M3 clusters to menu5 and relocated startup sweep to 6/8

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10877)
Old
Meat Popsicle

Car: 08 BMW 335xi
Default 04-04-2017, 10:05 PM

So I read as much as I could but I couldn't find anything about hooking up a scan tool to the obd2 port. I have trouble reading live data with my scan tool. I don't remember having any issues reading codes but that was always with the engine off key on. So I can read data for a min or two and then I will get an error saying trouble reading data and kick me out of live data. I've tried with the jb4 setting at 0. At first it was in map 4 or 1 maybe even 5 not sure. Point is what am I doing wrong? Also I hope I didn't mess anything up with the jb4 having doing this. Everything seems to be working as intended though. I won't be reading live data anymore until I know how I should go about it.

08 BMW 335XI - CPE chargepipe - Tial BOV - Jb4 ISO - DCI - VRSF 3" Kittenless **'s - VRSF 7" FMIC - VTT GC lite - 1 Precision driver
(#10878)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2017, 08:24 AM

With the JB4 you would use the JB4 for datalogging and reading codes. You connect to the JB4 via a BMS data cable or JB4 mobile connect kit.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10879)
Old
Meat Popsicle

Car: 08 BMW 335xi
Default 04-05-2017, 05:29 PM

I can do all that just fine. But I would like to also be able to use my scan tool of a problem arises so I can see more data. I'm a technician so I like to see more lol

08 BMW 335XI - CPE chargepipe - Tial BOV - Jb4 ISO - DCI - VRSF 3" Kittenless **'s - VRSF 7" FMIC - VTT GC lite - 1 Precision driver
(#10880)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitbullN54
I can do all that just fine. But I would like to also be able to use my scan tool of a problem arises so I can see more data. I'm a technician so I like to see more lol
You'd set the JB4 to map0 to use an external tool via the OBDII, but won't be able to log, etc. There is no data you'll need from logs that are not included in the JB4 log set. Which samples boost at 30hz and all other CANbus data at 10hz.

Burger Motorsports

(#10881)
Old

Car: 05 e55 amg/ 07 e92 35
Default 04-10-2017, 09:41 AM

does jb4 delete only for **`s or does it delete all the codes?
(#10882)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 04-10-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serhat06
does jb4 delete only for **`s or does it delete all the codes?
If you have auto clear I guess it delete all codes

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#10883)
Old

Car: i
Default 04-10-2017, 08:05 PM

What option on the steering wheel controls keeps codes and doesn't automatically delete them? 08 N54 135i JB$ ISO5. The chart in regards to "codes" is confusing.
(#10884)
Old

Car: 2007 335i e92
Default 04-10-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixbanger
What option on the steering wheel controls keeps codes and doesn't automatically delete them? 08 N54 135i JB$ ISO5. The chart in regards to "codes" is confusing.
1/4 will keep them, 1/3 is auto delete, and I think 1/2 will erase codes if 1/4 is on.

2007 335i e92 space grey, a/t, fbo, mfactory lsd and boost addictions diff lock down, bmw pe mod, xHP stage 3, mmp stage 3, inlets and outlets and eos pi, custom tuned by pure evil estimated 620whp on e50 23psi. Current 1/4 mi 11.9 @116 on stock turbos.
Suspension: Koni yellows eibach lowering springs
Wheels: iforged Daytona 19x9.5f 19x10r
Drop a gear and disappear.
(#10885)
Old

Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 04-12-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
First post is generally accurate, as far as I recall. We'll have an updated version with 32.7 since we added the 2 M3 clusters to menu5 and relocated startup sweep to 6/8
So aside from 2 additions to menu 5, this is still good?

(#10886)
Old

Car: i
Default 04-12-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost'n e92
1/4 will keep them, 1/3 is auto delete, and I think 1/2 will erase codes if 1/4 is on.
still not able to enable 1/4. WHen I go back and check it's not saving.
(#10887)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2017, 03:10 PM

If the menu 1 defaults to 0 then auto clear is NOT enabled and your 1/4 selection worked. Only 1/3 enabled would default to 3.

Burger Motorsports

(#10888)
Old

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 04-14-2017, 09:38 PM

Is there still a Map 8 NA/Economy mode? Or is it now a Meth dedicated map?
(#10889)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebinuu
Is there still a Map 8 NA/Economy mode? Or is it now a Meth dedicated map?
Map 8 is not assigned on twin turbo N54 firmware, currently.

Burger Motorsports

(#10890)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Car: BMW 1 Series M
Default 04-15-2017, 02:38 PM

Is it possible to make a jb4 cable to charge an android pad as the batteries in these things don't last on long drives.

It would be good to have it logging in the background and not have to worry about the battery running out
(#10891)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2017, 02:44 PM

Donnie can probably help you with that.

Burger Motorsports

(#10892)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Default 04-15-2017, 03:08 PM

don't want a Bluetooth kit, but want a hardwired solution

I had the bluetooth kit before and my android devices always had issues with it but not with cable. A jb4 cable with a power circuit would be the way to go
(#10893)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2017, 03:18 PM

He sells hardwired solutions, too.

Burger Motorsports

(#10894)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Default 04-15-2017, 03:35 PM

Ah OK, didn't see it on his website
(#10895)
Old

Car: bmw 335 e90 n54
Default 04-26-2017, 07:03 AM

hi guys i loaded the latest firmware and now my gauges still sweep but the problem is the rev counter sweeps completely and the speedometer only sweeps halfway
what could be the problem?
(#10896)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2017, 08:03 AM

Reselect your menu5 option. If you still have the issue just email me a short video and I can send you a fix.

Burger Motorsports

(#10897)
Old

Car: BMW 335I / VW 2.0T
Default 04-26-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Email me for help with M3 clusters.
Thank you! Is perfect now.
(#10898)
Old

Default 04-28-2017, 04:00 PM

Terry,

I'm using a www.gofar.co in my car and I'm wondering if there is anyway this could be slowing down the JB4 or BEF because it's reading/saving data from the DME via OBD2.

I've been feeling the car isn't pulling as hard and i'm wondering if its got anything to do with this or replacing tyres (identical, just replaced with new).

I know you're probably going to ask for logs but I thought this might be one of those situations where its a definite, don't be doing so much on the canbus kinda situation.

This is my setup:
- MHD BEF (Running a few firmwares behind)
- JB4 (Latest flash)
- JB4 BT Kit + App
- 135i n54 Auto

Mods:
- TBI + stage2 lpfp + fuel sensor (FuelIT platinum)
- 100% e85
- Full bolton
(#10899)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2017, 04:06 PM

If you need tuning help post a jb4 log and details in the support area and myself or Steve will check it out!

Burger Motorsports

(#10900)
Old

Default 04-28-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
If you need tuning help post a jb4 log and details in the support area and myself or Steve will check it out!
I'm more asking... would something on the OBD2 port reading/saving quite regularly in anyway affect JB4?