N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#10676)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2016, 12:18 PM

All of the maps are widely used, but map8 is open, and we plan to make that another user definable map in the future. In theory we could make 255 more of them but you'd have to select them via the phone/laptop and not in dash. The tach only goes up to 8000rpm.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10677)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Car: BMW 1 Series M
Default 09-02-2016, 01:42 PM

That's good to know so there is heaps more room for other stuff for future development ?

I just remember you saying you are removing map 8 temporarily earlier in the thread to make more room, I assumed there wasn't enough memory left
(#10678)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2016, 02:58 PM

Memory is an issue in certain respects but plenty of EEPROM left for storing things like custom maps. We use less than half of it currently.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10679)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 09-02-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Memory is an issue in certain respects but plenty of EEPROM left for storing things like custom maps. We use less than half of it currently.
Is it difficult to have the JB4 store logs somehow based on WOT or keep logging based on small size file or duration with retention internally as new feature?

It would be nice to have such feature, when you drive and if you don't have your JB4 mobile or laptop connected to log and something happen somehow you can retrieve the last log from JB4 itself for troubleshooting once you reach back home or connect your laptop or mobile,

Many of the guys get some errors while not logging then it's difficult to really know what happened, but if u can have last log saved internally you can connect and pull the log and post it.

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#10680)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 09-02-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
Is it difficult to have the JB4 store logs somehow based on WOT or keep logging based on small size file or duration with retention internally as new feature?

It would be nice to have such feature, when you drive and if you don't have your JB4 mobile or laptop connected to log and something happen somehow you can retrieve the last log from JB4 itself for troubleshooting once you reach back home or connect your laptop or mobile,

Many of the guys get some errors while not logging then it's difficult to really know what happened, but if u can have last log saved internally you can connect and pull the log and post it.
Always been a great idea. I would love that feature.

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#10681)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan

We've got space for maps and stuff but there isn't enough space for data. Except maybe 3 seconds before a CEL or something like that if we wanted to do the work to implement something like that.

Burger Motorsports

(#10682)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Car: BMW 1 Series M
Default 09-02-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
We've got space for maps and stuff but there isn't enough space for data. Except maybe 3 seconds before a CEL or something like that if we wanted to do the work to implement something like that.
How hard would it be to upgrade the jb4 to have more memory, would it be as easy as to change one of the chips like the antilag chip
For lets say auto fault logging so it records 3s before and after the fault or would it be far more complex than that ?
(#10683)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 09-03-2016, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymil
How hard would it be to upgrade the jb4 to have more memory, would it be as easy as to change one of the chips like the antilag chip
For lets say auto fault logging so it records 3s before and after the fault or would it be far more complex than that ?
Also maybe future JB4 can have the option even if not internal memory it can have a small cam for SD card maybe that you can insert to store in as mentioned above similar to antilag

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#10684)
Old
Australia

Car: 2008 135i MT
Default 09-04-2016, 03:53 AM

can anyone tell me what the boost gauge hijacking reads at? is it still 0-20psi?

If I'm targeting 28psi seem's a touch pointless is all. anyone able to confirm?

2007 E90 335i M sport
Single turbo, E85, PI
Worlds Quickest N54 and e9x. 10.1 @134mph
(#10685)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 09-04-2016, 08:12 AM

"Duck", would you be so kind and give me a quick rundown on your Power Glide 2-speed tranny?
Thank you,
Larry

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#10686)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-04-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Duck
can anyone tell me what the boost gauge hijacking reads at? is it still 0-20psi?

If I'm targeting 28psi seem's a touch pointless is all. anyone able to confirm?
The max is whatever you've set your boost safety setting too.

Burger Motorsports

(#10687)
Old
Australia

Default 09-04-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
The max is whatever you've set your boost safety setting too.
Perfect thanks Terry thought as much. But figured I should confirm

2007 E90 335i M sport
Single turbo, E85, PI
(#10688)
Old
Australia

Default 09-04-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBooster
"Duck", would you be so kind and give me a quick rundown on your Power Glide 2-speed tranny?
Thank you,
Larry
V8 powerglide
Billet input shaft
Straight cut gears
Transbrake
Extended Pan

Or did you wanna know how I joined it to the engine lol?

2007 E90 335i M sport
Single turbo, E85, PI
(#10689)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 09-04-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Duck
V8 powerglide
Billet input shaft
Straight cut gears
Transbrake
Extended Pan

Or did you wanna know how I joined it to the engine lol?
Yeah man, yeah. I ran powerglides in the late 60s at the strip/street! Aluminum? Unbreakable up to 1500 HP+. This is from Wikipedia:

Currently Robert Campisi from Australia (your neck of the woods) holds the World Record for the fastest run using a Powerglide transmission, clocking 5.95s at 260 mph in his Twin Turbo Ford Mustang in September 2011.

I, and a lot of these guys would be interested in how you merged it. Thanks!

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#10690)
Old
Australia

Default 09-04-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBooster
Yeah man, yeah. I ran powerglides in the late 60s at the strip/street! Aluminum? Unbreakable up to 1500 HP+. This is from Wikipedia:

Currently Robert Campisi from Australia (your neck of the woods) holds the World Record for the fastest run using a Powerglide transmission, clocking 5.95s at 260 mph in his Twin Turbo Ford Mustang in September 2011.

I, and a lot of these guys would be interested in how you merged it. Thanks!
I made an adaptor plate to bolt the v8 bellhousing to the engine. 12mm aluminum and a mill.
It's an aluminum case yes.

Had a local convertor shop make up a convertor to suit the bmw flex plate and the glide. Then had a local drive shaft shop make me a shaft.

Basically I just wanted a bmw that could go play at powercruise and not lose every race against all the v8 meat boxes.

2007 E90 335i M sport
Single turbo, E85, PI
(#10691)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-04-2016, 05:52 PM

Let's see those pg logs!

Burger Motorsports

(#10692)
Old
Australia

Default 09-05-2016, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Let's see those pg logs!

they're in the single turbo thread. Having a few dramas I was hoping you could weigh in on. Early throttle closure that I can't explain. Also goes super lean before the PI (which I assume might be normal but I don't know) and my boost control isn't doing a damn thing. Thought it might have dead mac valve, put a new one in it today still no good.

2007 E90 335i M sport
Single turbo, E85, PI
(#10693)
Old

Car: BMW 335xi E90
Exclamation 09-09-2016, 08:38 AM

I have a technical question (and maybe a request for an update at the same time)...

Is there a way to auto-delete only the detection of the qatlhess dawnpypes and secondary catalytic delete with the JB4 or if not, would it be a codable option that could be added??

Like many, I run a full qatlhess setup and I either get a CEL after a period of driving (faster when driving hard) and I always have to delete that CEL to be sure not to get something else as an error. I hate running the auto-delete because when something goes wrong, I actually want to know what it is rather than guessing or trying to replicate the conditions in which I got a CEL flashed up in the dash, a failsafe activated or going into limp mode.

**sorry for the orthograph but seems like the forum doesn't like the words I knowingly misspelled**

BMW 550 M-Sport xDrive 2011
JB4 with OBDII connector
Custom exhaust with 3" quad tips and custom D.P.s
ESR RF2 19" wheels
Front: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40R19
Front: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 275/35R19
GPS location alarm system with Tag detection

Last edited by SINasTER; 09-09-2016 at 10:57 AM..
(#10694)
Old

Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 09-09-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINasTER
I have a technical question (and maybe a request for an update at the same time)...

Is the a way to auto-delete only the detection of the qatlhess dawnpypes and secondary catalytic delete with the JB4 or if not, would it be a codable option that could be added??

Like many, I run a full qatlhess setup and I either get a CEL after a period of driving (faster when deiving hard) and I always have to delete that CEL to be sure not to get something else as an error. I hate running the auto-delete because when something goes wrong, I actually want to know what it is rather than guessing or trying to replicate the conditions in which I got a CEL flashed up in the dash, a failsafe activated or going into limp mode.

**sorry for the orthograph but seems like the forum doesnt like the words I knowingly misspelled**
I am also interested in this, as many others would be I'm sure.

🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
(#10695)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-09-2016, 03:49 PM

That setting is for competition race use only and not something we plan to do any further development with. Keep in mind real faults show a light in dash so if you see one switch to map0 and/or disable the function if using it.

Burger Motorsports

(#10696)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 09-09-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:

Is there a way to auto-delete only the detection of the qatlhess dawnpypes and secondary catalytic delete with the JB4 or if not, would it be a codable option that could be added??

Like many, I run a full qatlhess setup and I either get a CEL after a period of driving (faster when driving hard) and I always have to delete that CEL to be sure not to get something else as an error. I hate running the auto-delete because when something goes wrong, I actually want to know what it is rather than guessing or trying to replicate the conditions in which I got a CEL flashed up in the dash, a failsafe activated or going into limp mode.

**sorry for the orthograph but seems like the forum doesn't like the words I knowingly misspelled**
Doesnt this depend on the flash ? My light does not come on at all for the reason u stated. When the dealer updated my ecu, I then got the cel for non *** ** detected. Reflashed and all has been good. I do NOT have auto clear enabled.
(#10697)
Old

Default 09-09-2016, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Doesnt this depend on the flash ? My light does not come on at all for the reason u stated. When the dealer updated my ecu, I then got the cel for non *** ** detected. Reflashed and all has been good. I do NOT have auto clear enabled.
You reflashed what exactly?? The JB4 is a piggyback, not a flash...

JB4 with OBDII connector
ESR RF2 19" wheels
(#10698)
Old

Default 09-09-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
That setting is for competition race use only and not something we plan to do any further development with. Keep in mind real faults show a light in dash so if you see one switch to map0 and/or disable the function if using it.
So basically, we have to drive with a CEL or with the auto-delete and miss potential errors...

JB4 with OBDII connector
ESR RF2 19" wheels
(#10699)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 09-10-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
You reflashed what exactly?? The JB4 is a piggyback, not a flash...
My ecu. Its flashed with the piggy back on top. Even if i remove the Jb, i still boost dbl the stock setting, run E85, fbo, and no cel. With jb4, i boost to 20ish, suppress tpms, log with jb4 mobile, control boost targets, etc
(#10700)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
So basically, we have to drive with a CEL or with the auto-delete and miss potential errors...
I'm not sure how you'd miss errors as they continue to show a light in dash. But *** are for competition race car use anyway. If running them on road you should remove them.

Burger Motorsports