N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#6376)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-23-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Will be happy to try it when you have it ready
Can always use a few more testers. Anyone with a 335is or 1M using E85 and JB4 only for tuning drop me a note for the test update. So far have it on two cars and it looks promising for pushing the mix up to 40%+.

Also, before uploading the test update redownload and reinstall the 2/1 interface in the first post. I made a minor change that lets it log one of the parameters I want to look at with a higher resolution.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6377)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 03-23-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirsadvic
I just got the G5 now for the noob question---i mostly bought due to trying to lower my wastegate rattle any info on how to directly do that i did get the usb cable aswell? also the g5 should come with the newest firmware correct? Last question do i have to cut the diodes to fix the rattle
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17441

Read General Note # 3.

Using steering wheel controls ('Command Mode') go to menu 10 and adjust tach needle until rattle subsides.

I get rattle only when the car is first started and idling. Other than that, I just live with it.

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#6378)
Old
335is 7DCT/JB4

Car: BMW 335IS 7DCT/JB4
Default 03-23-2013, 01:23 PM

Will do

EDIT: Raining again today, no logs

Kevin

2018 440 MPPSK/MPE
2014 435 MPPK/THP
2013 135is 6MT/JB4/ISO
2011 335is 7DCT/JB4/ISO/BMS Flash(sold)
FF Cobra Mk-IV COYOTE BOSS + TKO-600

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 03-24-2013 at 08:44 AM..
(#6379)
Old

Car: 2013 335is DCT
Default 03-23-2013, 06:27 PM

For some reason the post I put up here earlier today isn't here. Not sure if I broke some rule I'm unaware of...

Anyhoot, just wanted to state that I've got a 2013 335is DCT and just got my new ISO G5 running with the latest firmware, and I'm currently running 100% on the wastegate position (fully closed), which quietened up my rev overrun and cruise, but also dramatically improved lag. Only this I wonder is if this setting would otherwise stress the wastegate more than the standard configuration.

So far I'm quite happy with the ISO board. I was running a G4 for a bit before this and it seemed more aggressive on tip in until I made this adjustment. Autotune on both.
(#6380)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-23-2013, 07:21 PM

Support posts are always deleted without being read per the first post.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6381)
Old

Car: 2013 335is DCT
Default 03-23-2013, 07:47 PM

Got it, I see thanks.
(#6382)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default Question about going from JB4-->G5 - 03-24-2013, 08:17 AM

Is there a harness wire switch I need to do first? I thought it would be just a box switch and firmware update. The reason for the question is since I switch I am getting Engine Malfunction error now and when I switch back to the JB4 box it goes away. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for help anyone....

Still not faster then a Crown Vic!!!
(#6383)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-24-2013, 08:18 AM

See JB4 "start here" thread re: G5 compatibility for older harnesses.

Burger Motorsports

(#6384)
Old

Car: 07 E92, 08 E61 (N54s)
Default 03-24-2013, 01:10 PM

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post and say how happy I've been with the support Terry has given me. Went from the G5 Integrated to the G5 ISO for a major improvement. Also, he helped me iron out an odd issue I was having with the TPMS system. Strangely enough, my LED angel eyes were causing the car to throw a "TPMS Inactive" message. Reinstalling the LEDs (properly) fixed the problem! Never would have figured that out if it hadn't been for Terry's experience.

Best,

EvanL
(#6385)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 03-24-2013, 02:24 PM

Guy is like a savant. Freaky. Lol.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#6386)
Old
Legend

Default 03-24-2013, 02:29 PM

One of the many reasons that keeps me on his platform. And it's the only one I thoroughly recommend to others. You can't beat this total package!

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

(#6387)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-24-2013, 08:45 PM

"Manual transmission cars should set "Auto Shift Reduction" to 0. The setting of 60 is required for automatic (DTC and steptronic) transmissions only."i saw this in the g5 iso sticky. should i still set this to 0 since im manual but running just g5, not the iso firmware? right now if i floor my car in a gear like 2nd or 3nd, and rev high, my bov doesnt go off:/ i know this is not good for my car. maybe becouse i dont have it set to 0 since im manual trans?
(#6388)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-25-2013, 03:31 AM

Customer service has unfortunately become a rarity these days. Terry not only bucks the trend but if you look up Customer Service in the dictionary you will see a picture of the man and a definition of 'See Burger Motorsport'.

To be able to put all the time and effort into firstly running a business and keeping it growing is a tribute to anyone. But to be able to own the market and develop, test and research quality product after product with constant improvements, ship around the world, take part in events and still support a global community directly and on the forums with immediate responses at all times of the day or night and still have a life deserves recognition.
(#6389)
Old

Car: 335 M-sport
Default 03-25-2013, 04:58 AM

Give this man some free parts^^ seriously

Your the best Terry

2009 335i M-sport--G5 ISO--AR 3" ******* **'s--BMS DCI--VRSF 7" FMIC--BMS Charge pipe--Eibach Pro/Koni yellow--M3 arms all around--BMW SSK--LUX V4--Michelin PSS--Spec Stage 2+ W/SMFW--Walbro 255LPFP
(#6390)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-25-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanL
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post and say how happy I've been with the support Terry has given me. Went from the G5 Integrated to the G5 ISO for a major improvement. Also, he helped me iron out an odd issue I was having with the TPMS system. Strangely enough, my LED angel eyes were causing the car to throw a "TPMS Inactive" message. Reinstalling the LEDs (properly) fixed the problem! Never would have figured that out if it hadn't been for Terry's experience.

Best,

EvanL
We got lucky with that one but thanks for the kudos.

Burger Motorsports

(#6391)
Old

Car: 07 AW 335I Coupe
Default 03-26-2013, 11:08 AM

Hey just wanted to say thanks to the guys at Burger. I bought all of my parts (DCI, **'s, JB4, ******** fix, usb cable... i would have bought my suspension through you guys too if it were available ) through them and upgraded to iso the other day.

The car feels great, low throttle, mid, wide open... very smooth.

I can't believe this thing will probably smoke my previous evo.

Now i just need to get rid of this dam wastegate rattle!!!

Thanks again for the awesome support and customer service!
(#6392)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 03-26-2013, 01:09 PM

Hey guys, anyone else having problems loading the sofware via laptop. I connected the usb and its picking the usb up but when i go to run the jb4 setup it keep says its already downloaded somewere else or being used somewere else but i don't have it anywere else any imput please.
(#6393)
Old

Car: 07 335i coupe
Default 03-26-2013, 01:20 PM

Did you go to the start menu and open the JB4 software? Or do you have an older version and need to "add/remove" program.
(#6394)
Old

Default 03-26-2013, 02:56 PM

its saved on my desktop but its not in the start menue---
(#6395)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 03-26-2013, 03:28 PM

Start over from scratch go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.

Find JB4 in the list and remove it.

Reload the interface program and find the "usb_interface.exe" program and tell it to run.

Then connect the usb cable to the car with the Ign on and open "Device Manager." Note what COM port the usb got assigned to.

Open the Jb4 interface program and go to the "Settings" tab.

Under "Com Port" enter the number you saw in the Device Manager and hit "Send".

Under "File" select "Connect". You should see the data changing now if the engine is running.

Hope this helps.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#6396)
Old

Default 03-26-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335iat
Start over from scratch go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.

Find JB4 in the list and remove it.

Reload the interface program and find the "usb_interface.exe" program and tell it to run.

Then connect the usb cable to the car with the Ign on and open "Device Manager." Note what COM port the usb got assigned to.

Open the Jb4 interface program and go to the "Settings" tab.

Under "Com Port" enter the number you saw in the Device Manager and hit "Send".

Under "File" select "Connect". You should see the data changing now if the engine is running.

Hope this helps.
thank you for the help i will try it in the morning
(#6397)
Old

Car: 335i custom tune JB4
Default 03-27-2013, 03:13 PM

Will firmware for the G4 quit being produced with the new G5 being created? Also is there instructions for upgrade of the G4 to G5 or is it as simple as I'm anticipating.
(#6398)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 03-29-2013, 07:37 AM

sorry just a quick question,ISO 17 is the latest firmware correct? just want to be sure!
(#6399)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 03-29-2013, 03:40 PM

Yes....."17B" per Terry's first post in this thread.

Space Gray, 6MT, Sport and Premium Pkg., JB4 G5 ISO, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMW Performance Exhaust, BMS DCI - OCC - CDV - and Clutch Stop, M3 Spoiler, Clear Bra, 20% Tint
(#6400)
Old
Legend

Default 03-29-2013, 03:59 PM

Looks to me like 18 alpha is up now.