N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: S6
Default 06-30-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
In some cases I think better tires may help. On our S6 we spin all 4 stock tires on a hard brake boost launch!
Terry, I was telling George I left off the foot brake because I spun badly (twice) on a prepped track and I’m on Michelin PS4’s.
(#77)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2019, 01:25 PM

We have the boost by gear in there to limit boost at the launch if you need but that isn't any fun!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#78)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-30-2019, 01:47 PM

It’s hard to find a long enough straightaway to get a run in, but I did another today on Dragy with slightly too much slope to be valid. 7.59@92.43 in the 1/8th, and a 3.42 0-60 on that run. Again, all stock 2014 A8L with just a JB4, this time in almost 2000 DA. Map 2. All season pzeros brake boosting to 2400 rpm.

I don’t think the leading competitor’s flash tune does better than this.
Attached Images

(#79)
Old

Default 06-30-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We have the boost by gear in there to limit boost at the launch if you need but that isn't any fun!
True! Lol

I had a chance to play with it since that outing but haven’t been back to the track. It’s going to make a huge difference.
(#80)
Old

Car: Audi S7
Default S7 JB4 questions - 07-25-2019, 02:56 AM

Good day gentlemen,

new to this forum and S6/S7 JB4 tuning. I am currently deciding on weather to purchase the JB4 or not. So i have two questions if i may...

1. my S7 currently has software and "race" ********* (no C*Ts). therefore i get an engine code light, which is random between cylinders and both banks. i presume its coz the software was intended for a vehicle with stock exhuast. code signal is too high(rich) and then also sometimes too low (lean). would the addition of a JB4 help to solve this issue and remove embarrassing bright orange light on dash which is noticed by everyone who gets in my car.
2. i noticed above that some of you guys are running bloody kwik with more or less the same mods i have. yet my best so far is 12.3sec @182kph. that is on 95 pump gas. my dragy says the altitude is 5197ft and the DA is 6712ft. would this account for my being almost half a second slower? or do i need to go kick someone in the crotch?

your thoughts and recommendations would be highly appreciated. thank you.
(#81)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 07-25-2019, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazVR46
Good day gentlemen,

new to this forum and S6/S7 JB4 tuning. I am currently deciding on weather to purchase the JB4 or not. So i have two questions if i may...

1. my S7 currently has software and "race" ********* (no C*Ts). therefore i get an engine code light, which is random between cylinders and both banks. i presume its coz the software was intended for a vehicle with stock exhuast. code signal is too high(rich) and then also sometimes too low (lean). would the addition of a JB4 help to solve this issue and remove embarrassing bright orange light on dash which is noticed by everyone who gets in my car.
2. i noticed above that some of you guys are running bloody kwik with more or less the same mods i have. yet my best so far is 12.3sec @182kph. that is on 95 pump gas. my dragy says the altitude is 5197ft and the DA is 6712ft. would this account for my being almost half a second slower? or do i need to go kick someone in the crotch?

your thoughts and recommendations would be highly appreciated. thank you.
For the altitude and fuel you using the times are not bad. It also depends on how good your 60ft is at that is a big factor in performance.
With the JB4 you wont solve the light issue. In markets where the delete is legal we can set the JB4 to autoclear faults though.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#82)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 08-12-2019, 09:20 AM

Hi George,

In RHD cars, what do we do with the OBD connector? is this vital to install?
(#83)
Old

Default 08-13-2019, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanshark
Hi George,

In RHD cars, what do we do with the OBD connector? is this vital to install?
For the JB4 to work affectively the OBD connector is needed. We unfortunately have not gotten any feedback in terms of cable routing from RHD owners.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#84)
Old

Car: 2013 S6
Default 08-17-2019, 03:05 PM

I found a way through the firewall on my 13 S6. Behind and below the ecu there is a grommet that leads to and just above the dead pedal. I will post some pictures if I can figure out how... they are too big now
(#85)
Old

Default 08-18-2019, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audisom
I found a way through the firewall on my 13 S6. Behind and below the ecu there is a grommet that leads to and just above the dead pedal. I will post some pictures if I can figure out how... they are too big now
Nice. If you want email them to me at george@burgertuning.com and I can post them up and add to guide.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#86)
Old

Default 08-27-2019, 06:36 PM

Is there any downside to staying in map 2. Should I switch to map 0 when I’m just puttering around in traffic?
(#87)
Old

Default 08-27-2019, 07:38 PM

I have had it for couple months now and have had it in map 2 all the time .
(#88)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-27-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Is there any downside to staying in map 2. Should I switch to map 0 when I’m just puttering around in traffic?
No because the JB4 is only changing performance under heavier throttle anyway!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#89)
Old

Car: 430i
Default 08-30-2019, 11:55 AM

Or you can just go to map 1 if you like. I tend to use map 2 when I'm on the E30/91 blend since we don't have 93 octane locally. Then when I run out of E85 or just feeling lazy and don't want to drive an extra few miles out of the way to the E85 station, I'll drop it into map 1. But for the most part I'm map 2 every day, always! And yes its mainly only adding when you are under load. I added the pedal tuner and the car feels as light as my MK7 GTI now (Thank God for the boost by gear) Map 2, E30/91 blend, dynamic mode, and the most aggressive mode with the sensitivity turned up all the way on the pedal tuner, and the S6 feels like a featherweight. Changes the car completely, especially when passing on the freeway. It's effortless to get from 60 to triple digits. A twitch of the pedal and you're there! Glad the S6 is compatible with the pedal tuner! Never thought I would like it so much.
(#90)
Old

Default 09-05-2019, 05:48 AM

what is A pedal turner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff @ BMS
Or you can just go to map 1 if you like. I tend to use map 2 when I'm on the E30/91 blend since we don't have 93 octane locally. Then when I run out of E85 or just feeling lazy and don't want to drive an extra few miles out of the way to the E85 station, I'll drop it into map 1. But for the most part I'm map 2 every day, always! And yes its mainly only adding when you are under load. I added the pedal tuner and the car feels as light as my MK7 GTI now (Thank God for the boost by gear) Map 2, E30/91 blend, dynamic mode, and the most aggressive mode with the sensitivity turned up all the way on the pedal tuner, and the S6 feels like a featherweight. Changes the car completely, especially when passing on the freeway. It's effortless to get from 60 to triple digits. A twitch of the pedal and you're there! Glad the S6 is compatible with the pedal tuner! Never thought I would like it so much.
(#91)
Old

Default 09-05-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chio4
what is A pedal turner?
Its a device that adjusts the sensitivity of the pedal taking away the initial dead spot in it. It can be viewed here and the VW unit in the drop down menu is compatible to the S6/7 https://burgertuning.com/products/bm...3a39c0bd&_ss=r

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#92)
Old

Default 09-05-2019, 02:38 PM

I was going to say it's an evil device intended to get you tickets! But yes, George's answer works too! It's fun and looks cool when mounted on the dash. I have mine more stealth and have it near my right knee on the inside of the middle console. I've seen some mounted on the center just to the right of the instrument cluster near the air vents and it looks pretty good.
(#93)
Old

Default 09-05-2019, 03:12 PM

Is there a tutorial about using the “user adjustment settings”, especially concerning the boost by gear feature?
(#94)
Old

Default 09-05-2019, 03:36 PM

The boost by gear feature is speed based.
Value you put in the window for Max boost 1st is what will be reduced from the JB4 target.
So a value of 4 in 1st gear will give you a stock 1st gear. If you put a 3 it will allow 1psi of added boost. 2 will give you 2 etc.
(#95)
Old

Default 09-05-2019, 04:20 PM

Ok what about all the other parameters?
(#96)
Old

Default 09-05-2019, 04:24 PM

For the other gears. See how first gear goes, and if you feel you are slipping adjust as needed. You can reduce boost in first and just a bit in second then leave full in 3rd. George may have better feedback. I only reduce in first gear only. I leave the other ones alone. First gear is where I really have the most issues. You can ask others on here where they have theirs set at. As far as user adjustments there shouldn't be any adjustments to be made, it's pre set as should be.
(#97)
Old

Default 09-05-2019, 04:53 PM

So map 2 is 5psi over stock right.
0 = 5psi added per base map2 or essentially disabled
1 = 3psi added
2 = 2psi added
3 = 1psi added
4 = 0psi added
Is this look right?
So you can’t request 4?
I am confused
(#98)
Old

Default 09-06-2019, 03:26 AM

Quote:
So map 2 is 5psi over stock right.
0 = 5psi added per base map2 or essentially disabled
1 = 3psi added
2 = 2psi added
3 = 1psi added
4 = 0psi added
Is this look right?
So you can’t request 4?
I am confused
Map 0 is stock
Map 1 adds 5psi with a taper of boost going towards redline
Map 2 adds 5psi with less taper to redline.
Map 6 user adjustable map

Those are the active ones for now.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#99)
Old

Default 09-06-2019, 01:15 PM

Right, I didn’t word that very well. I was referring to the max boost per gear, factory pre-set to 0/disabled. What value do you enter to reduce boost and what do they represent?
Jeff@bms had said 4 is 0, 3 is 1 and 2 is 2 psi added over stock level. I was looking for a tutorial or explanation on mainly boost per gear but also the other settings in the “user adjustment settings” window.
There are 0’s in the map 6 boost, fuel bias and duty bias columns. There is also 0’s in the following columns starting with boost safety, then default wastegate pos, then pid gain, so on and so on ending in the max boost 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
(#100)
Old

Default 09-06-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Right, I didn’t word that very well. I was referring to the max boost per gear, factory pre-set to 0/disabled. What value do you enter to reduce boost and what do they represent?
Jeff@bms had said 4 is 0, 3 is 1 and 2 is 2 psi added over stock level. I was looking for a tutorial or explanation on mainly boost per gear but also the other settings in the “user adjustment settings” window.
There are 0’s in the map 6 boost, fuel bias and duty bias columns. There is also 0’s in the following columns starting with boost safety, then default wastegate pos, then pid gain, so on and so on ending in the max boost 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
The map 6 boost value is only used when you doing a custom map in map 6. Rest remain unchanged and are not used on the S6 units.

With the boost per gear the way it works is the value you put in is how much boost the JB4 will cut in that specific gear. So assuming in map 1 peak is 4 setting max boost 1st value to 4 will reduce any boost the JB4 is adding. If you make the value 3 it will allow it to add 1psi only over stock etc.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI