N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2019, 06:20 PM

There is more we'd like to do but it's a small market so we're working on building out our customer base. Helping spread the word and get more units out there will help us with the future development.

No not me, you're probably referring to Son who works here doing system assembly. He's on the mend. Bad case of Pneumonia!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#127)
Old

Car: 2016 Lexus is200t
Default 05-31-2019, 06:28 PM

Im sure I speak for the rest of us, hope Son gets 100% soon!
You can count me in as a tester or whatnot. Im repping the jb4 tuned license plate frame here in south Florida, and Im computer savy, just new to turbos and tuning but I have lots of questions and I learn fast. Only caveat is my car is my daily driver so as far as testing is concerned
Can you tell me, what is this boost safety feature?
(#128)
Old

Car: Lexus Is200t
Default 08-16-2019, 10:24 AM

Hi all,

finaly i have log my jb4.
Following tune i have, K&N drop in Air Filter, HPS Intake Tube, Remark Axle Back Exhaust.
I run Map 2 on "Shell VPOWER" GAS 100 ROZ.

@Terry
can you analyze my tune and optimize something?

Edit:

.csv is now attached
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-16 18_46_08_Map-2.csv (358.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Ben_is_lol; 08-16-2019 at 01:49 PM..
(#129)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-16-2019, 01:46 PM

Attach the CSV to your post directly.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#130)
Old

Default 08-16-2019, 01:50 PM

Sorry, now i have attched the file.
(#131)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-16-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_is_lol
Hi all,

finaly i have log my jb4.
Following tune i have, K&N drop in Air Filter, HPS Intake Tube, Remark Axle Back Exhaust.
I run Map 2 on "Shell VPOWER" GAS 100 ROZ.

@Terry
can you analyze my tune and optimize something?

Edit:

.csv is now attached
This looks fairly normal... The problem with the 200i is the small turbo so much of the power gain has to come from higher timing advance.

Run a log on map5 for comparison.

Burger Motorsports

(#132)
Old

Default 08-17-2019, 01:14 AM

Hi,

thank you.

I have attach you a log with map 5.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-17 09_41_25_Map-5.csv (20.9 KB, 13 views)
(#133)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2019, 06:46 PM

Map5 looks OK to me. If it's working better for you than map2 you can stick with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#134)
Old

Default 08-17-2019, 10:22 PM

Okay, thank you.
In the past i Never use map 5, but now i find i run very well.
A Little Bit better than map 2..

Last edited by Ben_is_lol; 08-18-2019 at 02:23 AM..
(#135)
Old

Car: IS200t
Default 09-08-2019, 11:51 AM

is it worth upgrading to the jb4 from the stage 1??
what would i expect from the jb4? is there slight air fuel ratio stuff or is it still just psi boost but being able to select when the boost gets bumped up by gear logging and code reading?
(#136)
Old

Default 09-17-2019, 09:45 AM

Short Information: After running map 5 a few weeks i noticed that the boost is fluttering at ~50% throttle, not all time and not in all gears but me and other passangers can feel that the car does not accellerate constantly.
I switched back to map 2 all Fine.
(#137)
Old

Default 09-17-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_is_lol
Short Information: After running map 5 a few weeks i noticed that the boost is fluttering at ~50% throttle, not all time and not in all gears but me and other passangers can feel that the car does not accellerate constantly.
I switched back to map 2 all Fine.
keep in mind the vacuum regulator tends to fail around 30k.
i had this issue, had it replaced problem solved
(#138)
Old

Default 09-17-2019, 11:32 PM

Yes think the same but why okay with map 2? But thank you for the reply
(#139)
Old

Default 09-18-2019, 09:07 PM

idk tbh but i really would like to know if it's worth the upgrade from the stage 1 to jb4
what do we get with the upgrade? is there air fuel tuning also?