N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#476)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Civic EX
Default 08-12-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Outside the USA there is a passive delete option. Inside the USA there is not for emissions purposes.
What all is needed for proof of outside the U.S. lol..

Jb4, BMS intake, Drag wheels
(#477)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2019, 11:03 AM

The app checks your GPS.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#478)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Civic EX
Default 08-12-2019, 11:07 AM

Well dang. On another note, I've been running JB4 for 20k miles with no issues for those wondering about longevity. I've been on Map 5 for the last 5k.

Jb4, BMS intake, Drag wheels
(#479)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinkale00
Well dang. On another note, I've been running JB4 for 20k miles with no issues for those wondering about longevity. I've been on Map 5 for the last 5k.
Good to hear! Help spread the word that people don't need to resort to reflash their cars to pickup solid reliable gains.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#480)
Old

Car: Accord Sport 2.0t 10AT
Default 08-13-2019, 08:25 AM

Any updates on fueling for the a ccord 2.0 running map3?
(#481)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-13-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Villa
Any updates on fueling for the a ccord 2.0 running map3?
No updates on our end, no. You'd have to evaluate your own logs to see what map setup works best for your car/conditions/fuel.

Burger Motorsports

(#482)
Old

Car: Accord Sport 2.0t 10AT
Default 08-13-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
No updates on our end, no. You'd have to evaluate your own logs to see what map setup works best for your car/conditions/fuel.
Map2 is as far as I can go.
(#483)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 535i
Default 08-14-2019, 03:58 PM

Hi Terry. I had a JB4 in my previous car and had zero issues. So when I purchased my 2019 Accord I wanted to get some break in miles on the engine before adding more power. Attached is a Map 1 log that I did earlier today. My car is a 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T with the 10 speed automatic transmission. I am running a Takeda Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter and 93 octane fuel. Let me know how Map 1 looks and ill get more logs of other maps, once you approve. Also if it helps you guys in any way, my wife has a 2019 CR-V and I can move my JB4 to her vehicle and get some logs for you as research if needed.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-14 17_21_55_Map-1.csv (12.6 KB, 9 views)

Current: 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
Mods: JB4, Takeda PRO 5R Intake, Mishimoto Oil Catch Can.

Previous: 2011 BMW 535i M-Sport
Mods: JB4, BMS F10 N55 Intake, VRSF down-pipe.
(#484)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ededic00
Hi Terry. I had a JB4 in my previous car and had zero issues. So when I purchased my 2019 Accord I wanted to get some break in miles on the engine before adding more power. Attached is a Map 1 log that I did earlier today. My car is a 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T with the 10 speed automatic transmission. I am running a Takeda Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter and 93 octane fuel. Let me know how Map 1 looks and ill get more logs of other maps, once you approve. Also if it helps you guys in any way, my wife has a 2019 CR-V and I can move my JB4 to her vehicle and get some logs for you as research if needed.
Looks fine to me! Boost, knock, and fueling all under control. Lets compare with map2 next.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#485)
Old

Default 08-15-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Looks fine to me! Boost, knock, and fueling all under control. Lets compare with map2 next.
Terry, attached are two logs I did today with map2. Let me know how it looks and if you want me to try map3. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-15 16_41_41_Map-2.csv (12.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-15 20_52_48_Map-2.csv (10.7 KB, 11 views)

(#486)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2019, 08:20 PM

Map2 looks clean too! That is normally a good map to run we've found. So no need to crank it unless you need the extra power.

Burger Motorsports

(#487)
Old

Default 08-15-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Map2 looks clean too! That is normally a good map to run we've found. So no need to crank it unless you need the extra power.
Alright, for now ill stay at Map2 until I get an itch for more power. Thank you.

(#488)
Old

Car: Civic type R
Default 08-17-2019, 02:43 PM

Hi Terry,
Just got the JB4 installed on the Type R. Using 94 octane. Everything else is stock.
How do the logs look? I did a map 1 log. Everything felt good. I went ahead and did a map2 log as well. Let me know
Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-17 17_11_59_Map-1.csv (12.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-17 17_20_02_Map-2.csv (19.5 KB, 15 views)
(#489)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2019, 03:02 PM

Logs look fine to me.. You can stay with map2 as long as it's running well. But if fuel pressure starts to crash at some point (which will result in engine stuttering) then definitely drop back down to map1.

Burger Motorsports

(#490)
Old

Car: Civic type R
Default 08-17-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Logs look fine to me.. You can stay with map2 as long as it's running well. But if fuel pressure starts to crash at some point (which will result in engine stuttering) then definitely drop back down to map1.
Thanks Terry!
Which variable on the chart is the fuel pressure?
(#491)
Old

Car: Civic
Cool Map 2 - 08-19-2019, 07:22 PM

Hello Terry could you review my map 2 fk8.
Map 6 question, how much more aggressive is it than map2?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 1_2019-08-19 20_03_58_Map-2.csv (159.9 KB, 20 views)
(#492)
Old

Car: 2019 type r
Default 08-19-2019, 08:50 PM

Terry,

Getting code p0420 should the jb4 be able to delete this code? when i click delete code it starts to then says reading code and never gets deleted any suggestions i have catted ******** by prl.
(#493)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffle69
Terry,

Getting code p0420 should the jb4 be able to delete this code? when i click delete code it starts to then says reading code and never gets deleted any suggestions i have catted ******** by prl.
Outside USA passive delete can be turned on on the WMI page.

Burger Motorsports

(#494)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonplavist
Hello Terry could you review my map 2 fk8.
Map 6 question, how much more aggressive is it than map2?

Thanks
Map6 is a user adjustable map. Since fuel pressure is the limit on the typeR there generally isn't any reason to run over map2.

Burger Motorsports

(#495)
Old

Default 08-20-2019, 10:33 AM

Sorry Terry, I posted a log in my original post just wanted to make sure it looked OK.

Thanks,
(#496)
Old

Default 08-20-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Outside USA passive delete can be turned on on the WMI page.
Where is wmi page located?
(#497)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2019, 12:16 PM

In the app

Burger Motorsports

(#498)
Old

Default 08-20-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
In the app
ok found it when i click on wmi to modify what do i need to change?
(#499)
Old

Default 08-20-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Map6 is a user adjustable map. Since fuel pressure is the limit on the typeR there generally isn't any reason to run over map2.
Terry
Can you take a look at this map 2 log 93 octane stock car fk8.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 1_2019-08-19 20_03_58_Map-2.csv (159.9 KB, 13 views)
(#500)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonplavist
Terry
Can you take a look at this map 2 log 93 octane stock car fk8.
Looks OK to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports