N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 17 BMW M240xi
Default Map 2 Log Check Please - 02-27-2019, 10:58 AM

Recently installed CG 200cel ********, wanted to have someone take a look at a log. I noticed Im not getting 100 throttle opening, not sure whats going on there. Waiting on the back end flash so just mainly want to make sure the car is healthy.

Log is on 93octane, also have mid-pipe and BMS intake installed.

Thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-27 12_45_37 Map-2.csv (15.2 KB, 47 views)
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-01-2019, 12:42 PM

Looks pretty good. Throttle closure is cause of the **, but that's normal it's only to regulate boost in the beginning. Set FUA to 10 and get another log.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 03-03-2019, 12:43 PM

Thanks Payam, new log is attached with revised settings.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-03 10_34_59 Map-2.csv (10.1 KB, 49 views)
(#4)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 03-05-2019, 09:20 PM

looks better, but you should provide a log that's like your first. A nice long pull from about 2500rpm in 3rd or 4th gear. Your first log is the correct method. I've heard that ********* can cause the overboosting, but this is the first I've seen it so clearly. You may have to get the EWG wires to correct this.

Payam will chime in soon. Timing and trims look good from what I see. Just need to get boost more under control.
(#5)
Old

Default 03-06-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Looks pretty good. Throttle closure is cause of the **, but that's normal it's only to regulate boost in the beginning. Set FUA to 10 and get another log.
Hi Payam, as Jboe mentioned my previous log was a bit rushed. This should be cleaner. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-06 08_31_36 Map-2.csv (14.0 KB, 39 views)
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-06-2019, 11:30 AM

Not too bad, a little throttle closure in the beginning to regulate boost. Try setting FUA to 17. Lets see how that will do since you're in cold weather
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 03-06-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Not too bad, a little throttle closure in the beginning to regulate boost. Try setting FUA to 17. Lets see how that will do since you're in cold weather
Run at FUA 17 attached.

Just for my own education you said to try FUA 17 because its cold here right now. Is this something I would adjust back to 10 as the weather gets warmer?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-06 19_26_16 Map-2.csv (14.4 KB, 44 views)
(#8)
Old

Default 03-14-2019, 02:31 PM

Bumping this for a reply, thanks
(#9)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 03-16-2019, 10:42 PM

Looks good to me... normal from what I can tell, but you're probably not able to support map 3 due to your fuel trims. For a better review, we really need to see a long 3rd or 4th gear pull. That's 2k rpm to redline.

It would look like this... (4th gear long pull into 5th)
Attached Images