N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 06-20-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sure thing.. The PI controller orange wire (sometimes, thick yellow, because our manufacturer used the wrong color on one batch) outputs 12v up to 1amp. A meth pump takes around 10 amps. So you use the PI output to provide 12v to a general automotive relay. The relay also attaches to a 12v source (like the battery in the back), ground, and the meth pump.
Mine is all hooked up bon dont want to risk going wot on map 3 with decent additive without being able to monitor flow or if it even works.. purge boutton on jb4 app not working ?
What meth safety ? 0
(#77)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2018, 07:15 PM

There is no purge. Log map 2.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#78)
Old

Car: 135i N54
Default 06-21-2018, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Sure thing.. The PI controller orange wire (sometimes, thick yellow, because our manufacturer used the wrong color on one batch) outputs 12v up to 1amp. A meth pump takes around 10 amps. So you use the PI output to provide 12v to a general automotive relay. The relay also attaches to a 12v source (like the battery in the back), ground, and the meth pump.
This is how i am doing mine mattgu40*

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov

*06-13-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by*Payam @ BMS*

We suggest using the BMS PI controller. The orange wire on the controller will go to an automotive relay to trigger the WMI pump. The JB4 #15 will get the PI controller white signal wire which will let the JB4 know the fuel injectors are running properly. Meth flow scaling should be set to 99.

If equipped with an FSB from a previous JB4 meth integration you'll remove it.

I am wiring the automotive relay like so.
30: 12v fused power source
85: thick orange/yellow wire
87: meth pump
86: ground strut tower

Is it right ? How about pin #2 on the jb4 db25 from the fsb just pull it out and leave empty ?

Also i am going to run a pressure sensor in the meth line so that way i know the pump is working ?

N54 RHD FBO, Inlets, Bms Methanol Injection, Jb4,Trebila custom pump and meth, Rb Outlets to be fitted and bilstein b12s yet to be Fitted. Power
(#79)
Old

Default 06-21-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
There is no purge. Log map 2.

here is a log 94 oct e10 100% meth map 2 i wired the Pi controller as above.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-06-21 09_34_47 (e85)Map_2.csv (13.3 KB, 100 views)
(#80)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-21-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMILESPERGALLON
Quote:

Originally Posted by*Payam @ BMS*

We suggest using the BMS PI controller. The orange wire on the controller will go to an automotive relay to trigger the WMI pump. The JB4 #15 will get the PI controller white signal wire which will let the JB4 know the fuel injectors are running properly. Meth flow scaling should be set to 99.

If equipped with an FSB from a previous JB4 meth integration you'll remove it.

I am wiring the automotive relay like so.
30: 12v fused power source
85: thick orange/yellow wire
87: meth pump
86: ground strut tower

Is it right ? How about pin #2 on the jb4 db25 from the fsb just pull it out and leave empty ?

Also i am going to run a pressure sensor in the meth line so that way i know the pump is working ?

Yes, just leave that pin. It wont be in use.

Pressure sensor for Meth PI is in the works.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#81)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgu40
here is a log 94 oct e10 100% meth map 2 i wired the Pi controller as above.
You have to set fuel bias to something > 0 to enable meth! I'd start at all 50 and relog map2.

Burger Motorsports

(#82)
Old

Default 06-21-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
You have to set fuel bias to something > 0 to enable meth! I'd start at all 50 and relog map2.
All changed to 50 i see meth in logs that is a good start.
Attached Files
File Type: csv meth pi map 2 all 50.csv (10.2 KB, 102 views)
(#83)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-21-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgu40
All changed to 50 i see meth in logs that is a good start.
That's a good start, I think everything is working as intended. I would just get more logs with higher map and see how it does.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#84)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 06-21-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Hi T, I presume all this will work on as S55 M3/M4 on PI Meth too? Currently running 2 Fsb for 2 Meth pump (1 pump for PI Meth & 1 pump for CP)

What I need to do will be as follow:
1, Remove Both FSB.
2, PI controllerís thick orange/yellow wire connects to a ďAutomotive RelayĒ then to the Meth Pump.
3, Remove Pin #2 on the Jb4 DB25.
4, PI controllerís white wire goes to JB4ís pin #15.
5, Set Meth signal scaling to 99.
6, logging.....

Andytuning

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#85)
Old

Car: 2010 N54 BMW 135i
Default 06-21-2018, 05:56 PM

Is it normal to see trims dip like that from 40 to 8? I guess that's no big deal as low trim numbers mean that additional fueling is working efficiently?

I may have missed, but are there any directions on how to set JB4 meth settings after the install? Is map3 still limited to "Meth boost additive" value of 75 which equals 20psi? What should be done to be able to target more? Use map6? If so, do we only consider map3 as autotune for meth users in lower power levels? And in turn, are meth settings global, will the same setting be applied to every map?

I just think answers to these questions could be on the front page and it would make a good read. Also people can get more understanding of how meth works and what components meth PI comprises from... I know the principle is going to be very close to E85 PI setup, however I've never seen a sticky meth dedicated thread, so the only useful information is install instruction that come with the meth kit. It would be great to have it one place.
(#86)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-22-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
Hi T, I presume all this will work on as S55 M3/M4 on PI Meth too? Currently running 2 Fsb for 2 Meth pump (1 pump for PI Meth & 1 pump for CP)

What I need to do will be as follow:
1, Remove Both FSB.
2, PI controllerís thick orange/yellow wire connects to a ďAutomotive RelayĒ then to the Meth Pump.
3, Remove Pin #2 on the Jb4 DB25.
4, PI controllerís white wire goes to JB4ís pin #15.
5, Set Meth signal scaling to 99.
6, logging.....

Andytuning
F series instructions:

1- Remove FSB, only use PI controller
2- Yes, correct.
3- It should be Pin #3, you can just pull it out or cut wire/leave it.
4- PI white wire will go to Pin #16
5- Yes, correct.
6- Purple signal wire needs to be extended to OBD Molex.

Burger Motorsports

(#87)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-22-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirmozas
Is it normal to see trims dip like that from 40 to 8? I guess that's no big deal as low trim numbers mean that additional fueling is working efficiently?

I may have missed, but are there any directions on how to set JB4 meth settings after the install? Is map3 still limited to "Meth boost additive" value of 75 which equals 20psi? What should be done to be able to target more? Use map6? If so, do we only consider map3 as autotune for meth users in lower power levels? And in turn, are meth settings global, will the same setting be applied to every map?

I just think answers to these questions could be on the front page and it would make a good read. Also people can get more understanding of how meth works and what components meth PI comprises from... I know the principle is going to be very close to E85 PI setup, however I've never seen a sticky meth dedicated thread, so the only useful information is install instruction that come with the meth kit. It would be great to have it one place.
When the trims drop that suddenly it's a very good indication that meth is working! You can see the meth signal start at the same time the trims drop.

If you have a 3.5 bar map sensor it should adjust the additive scaling so you can go higher. That's what I would do.

Burger Motorsports

(#88)
Old

Default 06-28-2018, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
F series instructions:

1- Remove FSB, only use PI controller
2- Yes, correct.
3- It should be Pin #3, you can just pull it out or cut wire/leave it.
4- PI white wire will go to Pin #16
5- Yes, correct.
6- Purple signal wire needs to be extended to OBD Molex.
Thanks Payam,

Just need to be very sure on item 6. How to pin into the obd Molex & into which slot?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#89)
Old

Default 06-28-2018, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Thanks Payam,

Just need to be very sure on item 6. How to pin into the obd Molex & into which slot?
Correction, yes the previous Pin 3 removed, Pin 16 & Purple wire are all still the same as previous.

But after logging I noticed Meth not spraying, can I try to use JB4ís orange wire to trigger the Relay instead of using PI Controllerís Yellow wire?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#90)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-28-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Correction, yes the previous Pin 3 removed, Pin 16 & Purple wire are all still the same as previous.

But after logging I noticed Meth not spraying, can I try to use JB4ís orange wire to trigger the Relay instead of using PI Controllerís Yellow wire?
The FSB should be removed all together, shouldn't be in the equation.

Burger Motorsports

(#91)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 06-28-2018, 10:07 AM

Put the blue wire in its place , set meth scaling 60 , FSB should be in equation to take advantage of safety systems and monitoring the meth flow. White cable for PI and blue cable for meth don't control anything, they only monitor, that is why you can only run one or the other.As soon as we see that PI is working as it should, then you can disconnect the white wire and return to the blue wire to monitor meth.

Make sure for monitoring PI, meth scaling is set to 100, to monitor meth when the blue wire is installed, set meth scaling to 60. Keep up with the blue wire then set your meth psi to 4, meth safety to 3, meth trigger to 0, and all your fuel biases to 50 and post a log.

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !

Last edited by cebrailbakan; 06-28-2018 at 10:22 AM..
(#92)
Old

Default 06-28-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
The FSB should be removed all together, shouldn't be in the equation.
Yes, FSB was removed but is not working

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#93)
Old

Default 06-29-2018, 08:29 AM

Had confirmed with Terry, not all PI controller will have those Thick Yellow or Orange wires at least mine donít.

I have 2 Meth pumps, 1st pump goes to the PI Meth, 2nd pump went to the CP. Now by adding a Relay (JB4-FSB-Relay-Pump), they worked well for my setup (S55).

S55 F82 M4

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#94)
Old
Legend

Default 07-16-2018, 09:17 AM

Which relay ? Where can we buy and how can we add to that setup without zero issues ? Could anyone please expand this we are so tired anymore !

Do more with less !
(#95)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2018, 09:19 AM

A universal 30 amp automotive relay is normally used.

Burger Motorsports

(#96)
Old
Legend

Default 07-16-2018, 09:28 AM

So , is it not risky if it triggers all the time ?

Do more with less !
(#97)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-16-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebrailbakan
So , is it not risky if it triggers all the time ?
It should only be triggered at a certain psi via hobbs.

Burger Motorsports

(#98)
Old
Legend

Default 07-16-2018, 03:41 PM

By saying hobbs do you refer to the one in the picture ?
Attached Images

Do more with less !
(#99)
Old
Legend

Default 07-18-2018, 01:47 PM

Are those who are running 7th injector in the charge pipe need an additional meth pump , assuming per injectors need 40 psi to run and the meth pump capacity’s is just only 200 psi ?

Do more with less !
(#100)
Old
Legend

Default 07-19-2018, 03:34 PM

do we need a single bigger pump or can I use 2 x 200psi pumps (one for the Port and one for the nozzle)?

If we do, am I going to have to upgrade the fuse?

Do more with less !