N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default 05-31-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
What are you trying to do? E85 PI and spray meth too?
yes. e85 PI and spray meth are working on map 7. but not work spray meth on map 8.

want to use map 8 for more WHP then map 7
(#52)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-31-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sch4400
yes. e85 PI and spray meth are working on map 7. but not work spray meth on map 8.

want to use map 8 for more WHP then map 7
You are on hybrid turbos I'm assuming and spraying methanol in the chargepipe for cooling?

Can you email me so I can help you out personally since this thread is for Direct Methanol PI.

Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Thumbs up 06-01-2018, 06:36 AM

Quite excited about all the recent improvement, 2step, shift bog and now PI meth.

Many Thanks for the awesome work and constant support to this old platform.

will be installing Meth PI in a week or so, should i still hook it up to FSB ? or wait for the new safety?
additional wiring/relay will be required once the new setup is active ?
(#54)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-01-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgu40
Quite excited about all the recent improvement, 2step, shift bog and now PI meth.

Many Thanks for the awesome work and constant support to this old platform.

will be installing Meth PI in a week or so, should i still hook it up to FSB ? or wait for the new safety?
additional wiring/relay will be required once the new setup is active ?
No FSB, only use the PI controller.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-01-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
No FSB, only use the PI controller.
email'ed you
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2018, 09:46 AM

As a reminder let's start seeing some meth PI logs in this thread so we can evaluate them and the safety systems in place. I have some more JB4 updates in mind.

Burger Motorsports

(#57)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2018, 10:12 AM

Yes

Burger Motorsports

(#58)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2018, 10:52 AM

If car starts it flashed properly.

Burger Motorsports

(#59)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-04-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariano
Terry figured out bef. Now with the hybrid turbo e85 flash, should I/can I run straight E with the direct port meth or should I keep running a blend of e85 and 93 gas and what % blend if so would you recommend??
If your fuel pump can keep up, just do full e85.

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 06-12-2018, 11:57 AM

Anyone can help me out on how to convert bms cp meth to PI with bms controller. Stuck with the wiring ? Do i just cut off the solenoid wires ? @Terry said to remove fsb.. how do i power the pump ? Need to buy additional relay and wire it in ?
(#61)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-12-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Anyone can help me out on how to convert bms cp meth to PI with bms controller. Stuck with the wiring ? Do i just cut off the solenoid wires ? @Terry said to remove fsb.. how do i power the pump ? Need to buy additional relay and wire it in ?
We suggest using the BMS PI controller. The orange wire on the controller will go to an automotive relay to trigger the WMI pump. The JB4 #15 will get the PI controller white signal wire which will let the JB4 know the fuel injectors are running properly. Meth flow scaling should be set to 99.

If equipped with an FSB from a previous JB4 meth integration you'll remove it.

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old

Default 06-12-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
We suggest using the BMS PI controller. The orange wire on the controller will go to an automotive relay to trigger the WMI pump. The JB4 #15 will get the PI controller white signal wire which will let the JB4 know the fuel injectors are running properly. Meth flow scaling should be set to 99.

Right. Thanks for the quick reply, i will do this tomorrow.

Just to make sure i get it right.

30: 12v fused power source
85: thick orange/yellow wire
87: meth pump
86: ground strut tower
(#63)
Old

Car: BMW M135I
Default 06-13-2018, 11:00 AM

Ive asked this question in the BEF-thread but havent recieved any reply..

I'm going to fit PI to my 335 -07 during the weekend.
It will be controlled by the BMS Pi controller paired with JB4.
What BEF should i load to the car if my intentions are to run full E85?
I'm on replaced OEM turbo's but i have no idea what "hybrid" is, otherwise i would assume the hybrid_pi map would be the one to go for.
(#64)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-13-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman
Ive asked this question in the BEF-thread but havent recieved any reply..

I'm going to fit PI to my 335 -07 during the weekend.
It will be controlled by the BMS Pi controller paired with JB4.
What BEF should i load to the car if my intentions are to run full E85?
I'm on replaced OEM turbo's but i have no idea what "hybrid" is, otherwise i would assume the hybrid_pi map would be the one to go for.
You should be good with the E85 flash map.

JB4_BB2_I8A0S_E85.bin

I believe that one, then take some logs and post up so we can evaluate the data.

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old

Car: BMW M135I
Default 06-13-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
You should be good with the E85 flash map.

JB4_BB2_I8A0S_E85.bin

I believe that one, then take some logs and post up so we can evaluate the data.
Thanks!
Will grab the E85-map for my DME once i fitted all the parts then post some logs.
(#66)
Old

Default 06-13-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:

I am wiring the automotive relay like so.

Is it right ? How about pin #2 on the jb4 db25 from the fsb just pull it out and leave empty ?
(#67)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-13-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I am wiring the automotive relay like so.

Is it right ? How about pin #2 on the jb4 db25 from the fsb just pull it out and leave empty ?
You are correct in your descriptions.

Burger Motorsports

(#68)
Old

Default 06-13-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
You are correct in your descriptions.

Thanks for the reply.

All hooked up as said. Normal that i cant prime the meth using the app anymore ?
Or system isnt working properly if so.

All Fuel bias at 50
Meth scaling 99
What meth safety should i use ? 0
Map 3 ?
Any fud bit need to be turned on ?

Last edited by mattgu40; 06-14-2018 at 05:47 AM..
(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2018, 10:49 AM

Don't see any PI meth logs posted here... Guess either no one runs it or no one cares about proper configuration and safety?

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old

Car: 135i N54
Default 06-20-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Don't see any PI meth logs posted here... Guess either no one runs it or no one cares about proper configuration and safety?
I would post a log but my pi kit is not firing, trims dont dive when pi kit is supposed to kick in. Flow is 100% new Anti lag chip installed. Rpm wire verified by payam. Meth pump primes on 7/5 with fsb and blue wite attached to pin 15. Running bms pi controller to.

White pi wire not connected
Orange pi 2nd trigger not connected.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Meth pi Add 40.csv (12.6 KB, 100 views)

N54 RHD FBO, Inlets, Bms Methanol Injection, Jb4,Trebila custom pump and meth, Rb Outlets to be fitted and bilstein b12s yet to be Fitted. Power
(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2018, 11:07 AM

The orange wire on the PI controller should be connected to turn on a relay to fire up the WMI pump. There is no FSB involved, you'd remove that all together.

But if you were to use an FSB you have it all backwards. Orange FSB wire is what controls pump. Blue FSB is the signal wire that is no longer used. Orange wire has to be in spot2 on DB25.

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old

Car: 135i N54
Default 06-20-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
The orange wire on the PI controller should be connected to turn on a relay to fire up the WMI pump. There is no FSB involved, you'd remove that all together.

But if you were to use an FSB you have it all backwards. Orange FSB wire is what controls pump. Blue FSB is the signal wire that is no longer used. Orange wire has to be in spot2 on DB25.

Im just going to remove fsb all toghter seems to be causing me more problems. I will post a log up when i get the relay installed.

N54 RHD FBO, Inlets, Bms Methanol Injection, Jb4,Trebila custom pump and meth, Rb Outlets to be fitted and bilstein b12s yet to be Fitted. Power
(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2018, 05:47 PM

Right per the first post the FSB should not be used for meth PI. You can use it if wired properly but if not wired properly, then pump won't turn on.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Car: 2010 N54 BMW 135i
Default 06-20-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Hi Terry,

The relay, what do you exactly mean by that? My english may not be the best, but I think there are a lot of people who can't really understand what you mean by saying "PI controller orange wire goes into relay to trigger pump". Do you mean relay as positive terminal from the battery so that the pump always had power when the ignition is turned on? Where do we usually connect it then? Or relay as something that has to be purchased and installed separately? Or is it included into BMS meth kit and meth PI kit?

Apologies if my questions sound silly, but this post is about overall development of meth PI feature and a lot of not very skilled mechanics, such as myself, will break their neck trying to make sense of wiring before they actually start working under the hood...

Logs are sure to come with time, these are fairly recent directions on how wire Meth PI without the FSB, most people will not want to break their working setup just to provide some logs as they may be feeling safe enough already, changing setup is simply a bigger risk. New clients planning the meth PI setup may be just ordering stuff right now and installing shortly (I expect to do the install in 1 month's time for example). The path to DPMI setup is a lot less clear than going with the E85 setup, since the latter is very common and pretty well polished setup.
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2018, 05:54 PM

Sure thing.. The PI controller orange wire (sometimes, thick yellow, because our manufacturer used the wrong color on one batch) outputs 12v up to 1amp. A meth pump takes around 10 amps. So you use the PI output to provide 12v to a general automotive relay. The relay also attaches to a 12v source (like the battery in the back), ground, and the meth pump.

Burger Motorsports