N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#276)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 08-05-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Killer times pure stock ! BG is a good track. Around 446ft msl. At 6:30 pm it should “ballpark “ around 2800ft.DA.
It's a great track and those numbers are probably pretty accurate, I guessed about 2500. Yes I was very impressed and satisfied to get that 10.9 all stock everything!!

2018 M5 | Bone Stock
2016 340ix | M-sport | JB4 | ER D@wnpipe | BMS Intake
(#277)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-05-2018, 09:56 PM

Temps in the low 70s. Still stuck in the 10.8 range but a little quicker. It launched so far it gave a "warning: damage to vehicle" warning on the center console as if it had been in a collision lol. 3.2s 0-60. AFR got in to the low 11s in 5th.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#278)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 08-06-2018, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rygre
About 2500
I bet you hurt some feelings at the track with those number !
(#279)
Old

Default 08-06-2018, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Temps in the low 70s. Still stuck in the 10.8 range but a little quicker. It launched so far it gave a "warning: damage to vehicle" warning on the center console as if it had been in a collision lol. 3.2s 0-60. AFR got in to the low 11s in 5th.
The 1.72 sixty is holding you back. Launch procedure ?
(#280)
Old

Default 08-06-2018, 04:53 AM

Quote:
That big mph is showing the big HP JB4 can make.
(#281)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 08-06-2018, 05:07 AM

Quote:
I found using launch control is more consistent but is actually a little slower. Without it I could cut 1.63/64 and run a 7.0x 1/8th but I also had to worry about the breaks pushing through and red lighting. I would guess Terry is trying to launch consistent and has a technique he sticks to.

2018 M5 | Bone Stock
2016 340ix | M-sport | JB4 | ER D@wnpipe | BMS Intake
(#282)
Old

Default 08-06-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
I found using launch control is more consistent but is actually a little slower. Without it I could cut 1.63/64 and run a 7.0x 1/8th but I also had to worry about the breaks pushing through and red lighting. I would guess Terry is trying to launch consistent and has a technique he sticks to.
LC is an easy 1.68 1.63 is impressive by foot brake boosting. Did you LC the 10.99 pass ?
(#283)
Old

Car: 2011 CTS-V Coupe
Default 08-06-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
About 2500
Great! Thanks.
(#284)
Old

Car: 750I
Default 08-06-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
That big mph is showing the big HP JB4 can make.
Yes looks really Promising. Low 10s coming soon!

2018 BMW F90 M5 - Stock
2014 BMW 650 dme tune - Gone
2012 BMW 750i M Sport - JB Beta - Gone
2011 BMW 135 - JB tuned - Gone
(#285)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-06-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
I just brake boost it. Might be able to launch it a bit harder but I'm more or less launching it as hard as it will go. Never been able to engage launch control and doesn't seem I need to. I suspect it requires DTC fully disabled like it does on other models which I'd rather not do racing.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#286)
Old

Default 08-06-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I just brake boost it. Might be able to launch it a bit harder but I'm more or less launching it as hard as it will go. Never been able to engage launch control and doesn't seem I need to. I suspect it requires DTC fully disabled like it does on other models which I'd rather not do racing.
If you want to keep DTC activated, part throttle brake boosting is the best method. Do a couple of hard stops before making a run....helps the front pads clamp.
(#287)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-06-2018, 09:42 AM

I kinda expected a bit higher trap with the racegas, I guess AFR is so damn rich though.

Burger Motorsports

(#288)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-06-2018, 09:48 AM

Timing wasn't that bad previously so I did not expect a ton out of the race gas. It might take more boost and cooler weather to get the traps up. It's definitely a heavy car though. When it cools down a bit we need to get all the new cars over to Famoso for some test and tune action!

I think realistically on a cool night 10.6@134mph on race gas and map3 tune only is a plausible goal. And for a basically stock car, would be pretty sweet.

Burger Motorsports

(#289)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-06-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Timing wasn't that bad previously so I did not expect a ton out of the race gas. It might take more boost and cooler weather to get the traps up. It's definitely a heavy car though. When it cools down a bit we need to get all the new cars over to Famoso for some test and tune action!

I think realistically on a cool night 10.6@134mph on race gas and map3 tune only is a plausible goal. And for a basically stock car, would be pretty sweet.
Why don't we rent it out for one night a small group of OUR people only. Plus I can have my cousins drive up some BMS cars so we can actually test them all

Burger Motorsports

(#290)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-06-2018, 12:03 PM

Maybe when it cools down. But with dragy now it's so easy to get metrics, hardly worth the extra effort for a big drag day anymore IMHO.

Burger Motorsports

(#291)
Old

Default 08-06-2018, 12:32 PM

When I am logging “Boost” with JB4, which sensor is it recording?
(#292)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-06-2018, 02:13 PM

Boost is driver side boost, and boost2 is passenger side boost.

Burger Motorsports

(#293)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-06-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Maybe when it cools down. But with dragy now it's so easy to get metrics, hardly worth the extra effort for a big drag day anymore IMHO.
You live near farmland so you have long stretches of roads. I don't have that luxury

Burger Motorsports

(#294)
Old

Default 08-15-2018, 05:31 AM

Is 50% on the Throttle Log equivalent to. 100% open with the valvetronic system ?
(#295)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2018, 07:40 AM

The throttle body is over sized for flow and used to as a safety system for valvetronic which does the majority of the engine control. As mapped will move around from 50-100% depending on where boost is vs. boost target, and engine speed.

Burger Motorsports

(#296)
Old

Default 08-15-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
The throttle body is over sized for flow and used to as a safety system for valvetronic which does the majority of the engine control. As mapped will move around from 50-100% depending on where boost is vs. boost target, and engine speed.
Is the left side JB4 scale that goes from 0 to 50 a double value to get to the “50-100%” range ? IE , if the “Throttle “ log is at 45% on the JB4 scale, multiply that by 2 for an actual 90% ?
(#297)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2018, 08:28 AM

It's saved as 0-100% in the CSV, and shown as bottom to top when looking at chart.

Burger Motorsports

(#298)
Old

Default 08-15-2018, 09:26 AM

So a chart “30” is 80% open ?
(#299)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2018, 10:34 AM

If Y scaling is set to 50 (default) then 30 is 60%.

Burger Motorsports

(#300)
Old

Default 08-15-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
If Y scaling is set to 50 (default) then 30 is 60%.
Thanks !