N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2826)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 08-12-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Gotta go to dealer tomorrow to replace tire due to bubble. Will the jb4 be okay just unplugging the canbus under the wheel??
Tough question as a tire swap out should not require the dealership to pop the hood and/or plug into the OBDII port - however, they could take the opportunity to perform a recent recall update to the ECU. If you have a good relationship with your service manager (well worth the effort) then he/she is less likely to raise any flags, should they go looking. Otherwise pulling the OBDII cable and stashing it up and out of the way, and disconnecting/removing the JB4 and harness from the engine compartment is the safest path.

Last edited by jrobohm; 08-12-2018 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: typo
(#2827)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 08-12-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Tough question as a tire swap out should not require the dealership to pop the hood and/or plug into the OBDII port - however, they could take the opportunity to perform a recent recall update to the ECU. If you have a good relationship with your service manager (well worth the effort) then he/she is less likely to raise any flags, should they go looking. Otherwise pulling the OBDII cable and stashing it up and out of the way, and disconnecting/removing the JB4 and harness from the engine compartment is the safest path.
Never went. But i did schedule for tire change. If they tell me for the recall Iíll tell them another time

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#2828)
Old

Default 08-13-2018, 07:52 AM

Quick BMS Intake Update:

It has been over 6 months since I installed the BMS Intake - 2017 Silver Sport Premium. To date, I have had zero issues. Given all of the issues other CAI's have experienced I would have to say BMS did their homework. With just under 10k miles I went ahead and picked up a spare set of filters and a cleaning kit (the same routine I traditionally followed with my K&N's.) Keep a clean set of filters ready to go as soon and the installed ones appear dirty - as they recently had become.

As with all CAI's, some performance gains may be noticeable but it is the turbo spin up sound that is desired and very addictive.

Kudos again to Terry and team for a solid product! Now on to an equally easy to install and solid WMI kit for the Q50!
(#2829)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-13-2018, 08:11 AM

Glad to hear! We've sold quite a few of the intakes with very positive feedback other than some minor fitment issues on the heat shields I think we've addressed.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2830)
Old

Default 08-14-2018, 07:36 AM

Had some luck with Infiniti dealer, unplugged the jb4 hid it in the brake boost box and disconnected the canbus. Even with the other mods i have they didn’t get give me any foul play, gave him $20 for lunch and called it a day.

-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#2831)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 08-15-2018, 09:00 AM

Any intake owners take over their radiator shroud and see the correlation in increased IAT's?

I took mine off as the intake howl was more audible but I'm feeling I am opening myself to higher IAT's. I was sitting in traffic and I was seeing close to 117F. Keep in mind, it was close to 100F outside where I'm at.

17' Q50 RS
(#2832)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 Red Sport
Default 08-15-2018, 12:17 PM

Just received my Stage 1 today and I’m pretty impressed! Super easy to install, no drama after installation (no codes etc) and the increase in torque is definitely worth the $. My only question is the brake booster lid, are you guys closing it over the wires or am I missing a way to route the wiring so that the wires don’t get pinched by the lid?

2018 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport, BMS Stage 1
(#2833)
Old

Default 08-15-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knownzero
Just received my Stage 1 today and Iím pretty impressed! Super easy to install, no drama after installation (no codes etc) and the increase in torque is definitely worth the $. My only question is the brake booster lid, are you guys closing it over the wires or am I missing a way to route the wiring so that the wires donít get pinched by the lid?
I clipped the edge a little bit to leave a gap so it doesnít push on the wires to hard

-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#2834)
Old

Default 08-15-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
I clipped the edge a little bit to leave a gap so it doesnít push on the wires to hard
Thanks! I was thinking that was the way to go. Time to break out the Dremel!

(#2835)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default 08-15-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Just received my Stage 1 today and Iím pretty impressed! Super easy to install, no drama after installation (no codes etc) and the increase in torque is definitely worth the $. My only question is the brake booster lid, are you guys closing it over the wires or am I missing a way to route the wiring so that the wires donít get pinched by the lid?
I ran mine in thru the same opening as the A/C tubes. The plastic trim above the tubes which the cover clips into can be slightly lifted to create more room.
(#2836)
Old

Default 08-15-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSORS400
I ran mine in thru the same opening as the A/C tubes. The plastic trim above the tubes which the cover clips into can be slightly lifted to create more room.
Be sure to check out the install photos in posts 188 & 189 from Canucker.
(#2837)
Old

Default 08-16-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Be sure to check out the install photos in posts 188 & 189 from Canucker.
Thatís a winner! Thatís probably the best way to route that doesnít involve modification. Thanks for the heads up on those posts.

(#2838)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default 08-16-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Thatís a winner! Thatís probably the best way to route that doesnít involve modification. Thanks for the heads up on those posts.
No offense intended, I feel this routing is cleaner. The blue arrow points to the JB4 cable.
Attached Images

(#2839)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2018, 10:13 AM

Looks like there is demand for reasonably priced intake inlets (from MAF housing to turbo inlet) so we're working on it!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2840)
Old

Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 08-17-2018, 11:03 AM

Anyone running colder plugs? If so what plugs did you guy go with?
(#2841)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t Sport
Default 08-17-2018, 11:10 AM

I posted a few weeks ago about a MAF CEL that came on. Well, I've been on vacation so I haven't had a time to take the car in. Decided I'd drop the car off this afternoon.

Went to go take off the JB1 and noticed that the left side (when sitting in the driver's seat) clamp/port wouldn't click/connect all the way compared to the right. Further investigation shows that the white connector/pin set from the JB1 is stuck inside the housing now on the car, hence why the factory part won't connect. The car is in limp mode now (guessing because the one won't connect). Has this happened to anyone else?

That connector (compared to the other one) is pretty hard to get to and I haven't been able to take it out yet. I'm afraid of taking it to the dealer now because how else am I going to explain that lmao.

Edit: Happened to find some mini-tweezers and was able to pull out the white thing. I thought it was secured in there, thankfully it wasn't. Car is no longer in limp mode, so that's good news.

Furthermore, should I put it back on lol? Or is there a replacement part I can order without having to order a JB1 all over again. Or could I just very very lightly super glue that part back into the JB1 connector?

Last edited by chiefnwa; 08-17-2018 at 11:35 AM..
(#2842)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2018, 11:37 AM

Email or post some photos and we can check it out. Those white blocks are just retaining clips for the connector contacts. If it pops out you can push it back in. If it won't stay in then we should replace the harness for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#2843)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t Sport
Default 08-17-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Email or post some photos and we can check it out. Those white blocks are just retaining clips for the connector contacts. If it pops out you can push it back in. If it won't stay in then we should replace the harness for you.
Thanks, I got a really bad picture of it when it was still on the car (too close for my phone to focus on it) but I was able to snap it back into the JB1 connector when I took it off. Whether or not it'll stay in there, I don't know, but as long as it doesn't get completely stuck inside the factory housing, I'm fine with it.
(#2844)
Old

Default 08-17-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Looks like there is demand for reasonably priced intake inlets (from MAF housing to turbo inlet) so we're working on it. If anyone has upgraded them and wants to let us borrow your factory ones for flow testing, we'd be happy to pay shipping both ways.
Would the BMS intake inlets be ďWMI upgrade ready?Ē
(#2845)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2018, 07:39 PM

The inlets are part of the turbo intake system, not the chargepipe system, so does not apply to WMI. We'd want to spray WMI post turbo.

Burger Motorsports

(#2846)
Old

Default 08-17-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
The inlets are part of the turbo intake system, not the chargepipe system, so does not apply to WMI. We'd want to spray WMI post turbo.
Good to know and to see we are working our way, piece by piece, to the WMI finish line!
(#2847)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2018, 08:20 PM

Haha the WMI is ready to go, just need someone with our kit installed to email me so we can fine tune the firmware and get it released! I'd install a kit on our car but we need it tune only for CARB testing for the JB4.

Burger Motorsports

(#2848)
Old

Car: 18 q50 redsport
Talking Map 7. 2018 redsport awd. With 100 octane data log inside. - 08-18-2018, 11:10 AM

Car felt fine what are your thoughts .

Temp 87 deg
Humidity 96 percent .
Highway pull
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-18 13_09_10.csv (3.1 KB, 26 views)
(#2849)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2018, 12:02 PM

Log is too short to see much but map7 is too high for a red sport. Let's see say map5 if you want to run something aggressive on good fuel.

Burger Motorsports

(#2850)
Old

Car: 18 q50 redsport
Default 08-20-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Log is too short to see much but map7 is too high for a red sport. Let's see say map5 if you want to run something aggressive on good fuel.
Okie dokie here is map 5 on 100 octane. How does she look?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-20 13_16_47 (1).csv (19.7 KB, 18 views)