JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#676)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Default 03-13-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Starting with the next batch of tuners we're including a Stage1 firmware change to make the settings slightly less confusing for s63 owners. This firmware will have a date of 3/1/14.

All previous Stage1 tuners have a firmware date of 2/26/12.

Settings for both firmware versions are in the first post. Note that the only change is to how settings are made for s63 models. There are zero performance or tuning changes in the updated firmware.
Great news!

Does this boil down to "futureUse=1" having a more meaningful label or something else/more?

I'm assuming there's no need/desire to update the firmware in the original stage boxes?

2020 BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe
(#677)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride
Great news!

Does this boil down to "futureUse=1" having a more meaningful label or something else/more?

I'm assuming there's no need/desire to update the firmware in the original stage boxes?
The change just makes the M5/M6 boost setting & logging more accurate. No real need to update the software unless we ask you to as part of email tech support. We won't be posting the software.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#678)
Old

Car: 2014 650i Gran Coupe
Default 03-16-2014, 02:44 PM

Hello everyone,

I have a 2014 650i Gran Coupe and my very new to tuning/BMW. I have a few quick questions

- The 2014 BMW 550i tune will also work on my car correct?
- What cable do I need to clear codes (if any) before I take it to the dealer?
- Is there a separate cable so that I can up my boost to +3 psi

Thanks everyone!
(#679)
Old

Car: F10 550i Xdrive
Cool 03-16-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2np
Hello everyone,

I have a 2014 650i Gran Coupe and my very new to tuning/BMW. I have a few quick questions

Thanks everyone!
You have the TU engine so the tune will work but you don't need cable for more boost, you turn a little dial inside the tune boxes.

F10 550i xdrive Carbon Black Aluminum BMS Stage 2 WR 11.943 @117.940 Time Slip 421AWHP 467.9 AWTQ MUSTANG DYNO
(#680)
Old

Car: 135i / 335i / Z4 3.5
Default 03-16-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2np
Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!
- The 2014 BMW 550i tune will also work on my car correct? Correct. The 550i had a different engine in 2011-2013 but in 2014 it received the update TU engine. The 650 had the TU engine in 2013 and also 2014. BMS sells a tuning setup for each, but for the TU which you have, there are two separate control boxes that install in minutes. There is a small dial inside that you can turn up and down to change the settings. FYI, on the older engine you had to connect a USB cable and change the settings via BMS' software
- What cable do I need to clear codes (if any) before I take it to the dealer? BMS sells a one-click cable called the CAN Tool that they manufacture. You can clear codes without a laptop with that via the OBD port. They also are resellers of the Bavarian Technic tool, which is an advanced tool that connects from the OBD port to USB but must be used with a laptop and their software.
- Is there a separate cable so that I can up my boost to +3 psi - Not needed for the TU. See the first bullet point above.
(#681)
Old

Question Installing stage 1 in M5 - 03-17-2014, 10:36 AM

My M5's 1200-mile service is this week. Once that's out of the way, I'll be installing the stage 1. Having taken a quick look today, I've reaffirmed my conclusion that I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to engines and that this engine bears very little resemblance to my 550's N63 in which I successfully installed this very same stage 1 unit.

Would someone be so kind, in layman's terms, to describe what I need to remove in order to access the TMAP sensors in the M5? The install guide says the following:

"...which will require removal of the two air boxes. DO NOT attempt to install the Stage1 to the MAF connectors..."

... which is crystal clear to many of you I'm sure, however, it assumes I know what the "air boxes" are and I don't. :0) Nor am I clear on how I differentiate between the TMAP sensors and the MAF connectors.

Any guidance much appreciated!

(#682)
Old

Default 03-18-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
My M5's 1200-mile service is this week. Once that's out of the way, I'll be installing the stage 1. Having taken a quick look today, I've reaffirmed my conclusion that I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to engines and that this engine bears very little resemblance to my 550's N63 in which I successfully installed this very same stage 1 unit.

Would someone be so kind, in layman's terms, to describe what I need to remove in order to access the TMAP sensors in the M5? The install guide says the following:

"...which will require removal of the two air boxes. DO NOT attempt to install the Stage1 to the MAF connectors..."

... which is crystal clear to many of you I'm sure, however, it assumes I know what the "air boxes" are and I don't. :0) Nor am I clear on how I differentiate between the TMAP sensors and the MAF connectors.

Any guidance much appreciated!
Ping... I know this might seem obvious to many of you but, to me, this is one-step short of guesswork; guesswork with a $100+K toy doesn't sit so well with me. Primarily I want to know what I'm removing to get to the sensors depicted in the guide.

(#683)
Old

Default 03-19-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Ping... I know this might seem obvious to many of you but, to me, this is one-step short of guesswork; guesswork with a $100+K toy doesn't sit so well with me. Primarily I want to know what I'm removing to get to the sensors depicted in the guide.
Answered offline--that's a bit more fiddly than the N63 install. I'll post the numbers tomorrow after she's been Dyno'd...

(#684)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 03-22-2014, 01:03 PM

Heres the logs from our Stock 2012 M5 with BMS stg1 tune (2.25 boost setting)

seems to have a flatspot in mid range but also looks to be making higher boost than other logs?

https://dumpyourphoto.com/photo/v9t7M8x2qw

Last edited by sedox; 03-22-2014 at 01:08 PM..
(#685)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 03-24-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
The change just makes the M5/M6 boost setting & logging more accurate. No real need to update the software unless we ask you to as part of email tech support. We won't be posting the software.
Can you share the link for the firmware update? Can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

G

Burgerized Cars:
19 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
17 X5 50i
16 Golf R
13 M5
08 135i

Check out my videos
http://www.youtube.com/gvahan#p/u
(#686)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-24-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberwolf
Can you share the link for the firmware update? Can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

G
The software is not available for download.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#687)
Old

Car: 750i
Default 04-03-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott135i
- - What cable do I need to clear codes (if any) before I take it to the dealer? BMS sells a one-click cable called the CAN Tool that they manufacture. You can clear codes without a laptop with that via the OBD port. They also are resellers of the Bavarian Technic tool, which is an advanced tool that connects from the OBD port to USB but must be used with a laptop and their software.
Can a standard OBD2 reader reset the codes?
(#688)
Old

Car: M5
Default Latest Firmware - 04-08-2014, 05:56 AM

With the latest firmware not available for download but coming out in the next batch of tuning boxes.....I have the s63tu motor...so can I go into my current/original firmware and increase my Boost Over Stock (0-10) from 2.25 to 3.00 and still run on pump gas? Or do I need to buy a complete new unit?
(#689)
Old

Car: F02/E82
Default 04-08-2014, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM
With the latest firmware not available for download but coming out in the next batch of tuning boxes.....I have the s63tu motor...so can I go into my current/original firmware and increase my Boost Over Stock (0-10) from 2.25 to 3.00 and still run on pump gas? Or do I need to buy a complete new unit?
You can as most have done that, even I , but I now found my N63 to run much better on just 2.00 psi . Unless you have the octane, boost sometimes isn't everything unfortunately . Now if you can find some 100-110 octane unleaded gas go full 4.5 and amile
(#690)
Old

Car: M5
Default 04-08-2014, 06:36 AM

Thanks dude. I will try 3.00 on the old firmware. I'm on the east coast so im already using 93oct...so hopefully she will run fine with 93oct. It would be nice if and when they release the new firmware which it appears will alow for you to run 3.00 on pump gas. At least thats what it says on his screen shot showing the new firmware.
(#691)
Old

Default 04-08-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM
Thanks dude. I will try 3.00 on the old firmware. I'm on the east coast so im already using 93oct...so hopefully she will run fine with 93oct. It would be nice if and when they release the new firmware which it appears will alow for you to run 3.00 on pump gas. At least thats what it says on his screen shot showing the new firmware.
Oh wait you have M5 , I'd leave it alone as the gains are pretty excellent as it is, but won't hurt trying .
I don't think the new firmware is for that specific purpose unfortunately .
Get your self some unleaded race gas and double the boost
(#692)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM
For the M5 update the firmware first then set it to 3.0 on pump gas.

Burger Motorsports

(#693)
Old

Car: 2011 550i
Default 04-08-2014, 06:25 PM

I have 2011 550i burger tune and is a stock car are there any new tunes for this unit or will a new tune come out as well with the newer unit? And can u raise the boost in regular unit they told me I had 3 switches on the inside of the box its on stage 1 cause my car is stock?
(#694)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2014, 06:47 PM

It's all covered in the first post!

Burger Motorsports

(#695)
Old

Default 04-08-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdaruler
I have 2011 550i burger tune and is a stock car are there any new tunes for this unit or will a new tune come out as well with the newer unit? And can u raise the boost in regular unit they told me I had 3 switches on the inside of the box its on stage 1 cause my car is stock?
All the info you need is at the first page
(#696)
Old

Default 04-08-2014, 07:15 PM

[QUOTE=m4xbmw7;304423]All the info you need is at the first page [/QUOTe don't no much about tunning but from what I read the answer is no new maps for stock car ..Thanks anyway
(#697)
Old

Default 04-08-2014, 07:25 PM

[QUOTE=robdaruler;304429]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4xbmw7
All the info you need is at the first page [/QUOTe don't no much about tunning but from what I read the answer is no new maps for stock car ..Thanks anyway
Yes, stage 1 is about it and there's a few Stage2 beta out there and by Terry's it might not even be developed any further so enjoy Stage 1 .
What I do is bump 2psi extra on race gas which bumps my Whp quite a bit

Last edited by m4xbmw7; 04-12-2014 at 09:33 AM..
(#698)
Old

Thumbs up 04-08-2014, 07:30 PM

[QUOTE=m4xbmw7;304430][QUOTE=robdaruler;304429]

thanks for the help im new to this..
(#699)
Old

Question 04-12-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
For the M5 update the firmware first then set it to 3.0 on pump gas.
Wait, I thought you weren't planning to release the firmware for older boxes. Did I miss a post/something?

(#700)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Wait, I thought you weren't planning to release the firmware for older boxes. Did I miss a post/something?
We won't post it. But if you email in a photo of your circuit board we can email it to you.

Burger Motorsports