N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#351)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStaino
Finally got my EWG installed yesterday and they seem to be working great.

Car: 2019 GTS AWD
Mods: JB4 + EWG, JT Intakes, BMS FMIC, Ark secondaries, GT9 exhaust
Fuel: 93 oct pump gas

A few logs attached for review:
Map 1 - flawless!
Map 2 (grouped CSV, run 1) - also looks solid!
Map 3 (same CSV, run 2) - timing is AWFUL!

I know the obvious, increase the octane.... e30 mix, but I don't have access to e85... octane booster, but not really interested in that... WMI, but also not really interested in going that route.

So my question is: would you recommend (or not recommend) using EWG user adjustment settings to dial up map2, to map2+ and see if timing is still good there? If yes, what settings do you recommend?
EWG control looks good. It's interesting that timing went to crap on map3 given it wasn't *that* much more aggressive. As a test load up v24 alpha and log map2 and map3, I want to see if the fuel bias change I made has any impact on your ign corrections.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#352)
Old

Car: 2109 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
Default 04-25-2021, 05:57 PM

I will give that a try and report back. Thanks Terry!
(#353)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 05-03-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsoarer86
Thanks Terry and AWDGT2 for the tips.
Sorry for the slow reply, it took a while for me to get a chance to grab some logs. I am relatively new to this and these are my first logs so hopefully they are useful.

I have since encountered overboost rarely and as suggested reduced the duty bias to 50 and will fiddle with the FF values instead. This value was actually set to 60 so I have reduced it to the default of 50 and all seems fine but I will see what you guys think.

I am still on Map1 and happy to stay there for reliability. Also I am running what we call 98 Octane fuel in Australia which I believe to be the equivalent of your 93.

Cheers
Terry,
Do these logs look okay?
Car seems to be running great but am curious if anything stands out.
Cheers
(#354)
Old

Car: 22 Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion
Default 06-11-2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmoofy
Before I push these pins in I believe this picture has the labels backward can someone please confirm.

I already pushed #14 in with a blue wire.
You are correct that picture is labeled wrong and cost me about 4 hours of troubleshooting today.

I finally went back and counted out the pins on the DB25 and installed them per the literature saying 9/19 and 8/14 are paired. If you pin it how this picture says, your wires will be split between the EWG plugs. It will wreak havoc on things.

My 2-3 hour install turned into over 8 hours chasing discrepancies in this thread.

Being a technical writer, this type of stuff is easily fixed which makes your customers much happier when things work the first time and saves you lots of customer service time.
Attached Images

(#355)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2021, 03:17 PM

Placement is clearly documented in the first post. Customers also take the liberty of posting their own photos in the thread, and unfortunately we're not able to chase every photo down to see if its accurate.

If you have a link to the post with an incorrect photo I can go in and delete it at least.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#356)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default Assistance with EWGC still have codes/issues - Yesterday, 03:24 PM

I need some help, I'm crazy lost and ready to give up.

I recently installed the EWGC on my car but noticed that the settings once changed are only in the user settings custom map. On map3 and 4, my EWGC is still at 50 but in the user setting map it's at 45. But I don't know how the custom user settings boost is set up. It shows different RPMs with boost levels.
Are those boost numbers like 3 mean 3 higher than stock boost, so it's 21 pounds at that RPM?
Does anyone know what map 3 and 4 boost levels are for the RPM range? I'm not sure what to do because I keep getting compressor Overspeed (P0049) and my ECU keeps putting boost control position sensor out of factory specs engine code (P2587). I think my car over boost which is causing the compressor error code P0049.

I've checked for leaks in all my piping and intake. I've made sure everything was tight and check these often.

I'm lost and truly need some help to try and fix this. I can't seem to fix these reacquiring issues, after buying more and more stuff to help the JB4.

Here is a log that actually got the engine code P0049 during the log. I hope this helps.

If I can't fix these issues Ill sell my JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel wires, EWGC.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21-M6-R5-210614-1439.csv (27.4 KB, 2 views)
(#357)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default Today, 06:16 AM

Don't sell your stuff, lol. All your issues can be easily fixed.
EWG is either wired wrong or you need an updated chip. Sounds like you have some type of down pipe? A list of mods would help troubleshoot. Once the cables are sorted everything else will fall into place. Ewg settings apply to all maps and can be adjusted to keep you from over boosting. In the user adjustment page there will be numbers on the boost column, that's normal. Map3 will try and add 6 psi on top of ECU psi, it's not going to be 21 total. Those numbers vary per pull depending on dozens of readings and parameters the JB does on the fly. Basically nothing you need to be concerned with. As far as boost per map, it sound like you haven't read the main JB thread that explains what each map does? I recommend triple checking the pinout and use the very first photos in this thread to compare. If they are good, a $15 chip should fix your 2587 cel.
(#358)
Old

Car: 2020 Genesis G70
Default Today, 09:07 AM

Just signed up for this site but have been a long time creeper. Just installed the EWG connectors last night and did a few runs. Can anyone please take a look at and make sure it looks good. It looks good to me but can't really see a difference (But I am also only running map 2). If all looks good I will be installing WMI this week to prepare for a track day this weekend.

Thanks in advance for your time
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R6_210614_1939.csv (14.6 KB, 2 views)
(#359)
Old

Default Today, 10:41 AM

Log is too short, you barely went over 3500 rpm. We need a much longer run to properly assess. A few gears helps too, then we can see a true boost curve and how trims drop.
(#360)
Old

Car: 2020 Genesis G70
Default Today, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Log is too short, you barely went over 3500 rpm. We need a much longer run to properly assess. A few gears helps too, then we can see a true boost curve and how trims drop.
Sorry I have combine logs on and there a several runs in the file. there is a 0 to 60ish as well as a 40 to 90. I can clean up the file and remove and just get one of the 2 above runs

Thanks again
(#361)
Old

Default Today, 10:59 AM

Yup, you're right, stand by....

Log looks normal, few timing corrections but that's normal. I'm only on a phone but nothing stands out. I'd be comfortable putting in WMI at this point.

Last edited by AWDGT2; Today at 11:04 AM..
(#362)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrvil15
I need some help, I'm crazy lost and ready to give up.
Default settings are duty bias all to 50, then lower FF as needed for over boost codes. If you have any other faults or issues perhaps JB4 is older and needs a 2580 chip update.

Burger Motorsports

(#363)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default Today, 12:43 PM

Thank you.
I read the maps using this link over and over to try and better understand them and to see what is going wrong. Kia Hyundai JB4 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
The boost control sensor stopped after a few times and has not returned but I keep getting P0049 which scares me the most because of the damage it is causing or can cause.
As far as engine mods I have BMS intakes, GFB blowoff valves, custom 2.25 exhaust with Boral mufflers.
The rest of my mods are suspension components.
The chip on my JB4 is PIC18F2580 -1ISP 1825CRK.
Thank you for your input and assistance. I hope I can resolve this soon =/ because I will be at Willow Springs Sunday =)