N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: Audi RS3
Default 01-21-2019, 01:09 AM

Hi Terry,

Are you also running the fuel pressure harness off the JB4 with that E30 mix?
(#52)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 01-21-2019, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ86
Hi Terry,

Are you also running the fuel pressure harness off the JB4 with that E30 mix?
At this point the fuel pressure is still stock.
We currently evaluating the fitment aspect of the plug and benefit. At the point our TT RS is currently its not needed.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Last edited by George @ BMS; 01-21-2019 at 04:30 AM..
(#53)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 01-21-2019, 06:30 AM

Anyone tried on the new V3 FW? After the update the car like went into a limp mode Dash board Red light stay at 4K+ (valet mode) with cel light.

I flashed it back to the previous FW & was back to normal.

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#54)
Old

Default 01-21-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
Anyone tried on the new V3 FW? After the update the car like went into a limp mode Dash board Red light stay at 4K+ (valet mode) with cel light.

I flashed it back to the previous FW & was back to normal.
Try load again. Had a few guys load it. Did you see it complete the process?

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#55)
Old

Car: RS3
Default 01-21-2019, 09:43 AM

So what map is recommended for crappy cali 91?
I've been running map 3. I tried map 4 (2A firmware from George) with data logging is supposedly enabled with JB4 disabled but it turned out it was +5psi. No issues with +5psi but I do have a APR front mount keeping IATs down.

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2019, 09:45 AM

The basic issue is without the BCM you won't be able to make much more than 2-3psi over stock regardless of map used. So I'd run whatever map you want for now. When the BCM is out probably 4psi over stock will be suggested for 91. More work there pending on our side.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#57)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 01-21-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The basic issue is without the BCM you won't be able to make much more than 2-3psi over stock regardless of map used. So I'd run whatever map you want for now. When the BCM is out probably 4psi over stock will be suggested for 91. More work there pending on our side.
Is adding a BCM effectively the same as adding EWG wires on other BMW platforms? Or is it something more than just EWG wires?

Then the map listings on the first page are somewhat irrelevant until the BCM is installed?

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#58)
Old

Default 01-21-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
Is adding a BCM effectively the same as adding EWG wires on other BMW platforms? Or is it something more than just EWG wires?

Then the map listings on the first page are somewhat irrelevant until the BCM is installed?
It the same as the EWG.

The issue with the current boost targeting methodology is the ECU is sometimes locking the waist gate range not allowing for the full boost add. This makes the power inconsistent hence us moving to direct boost control. Its more work for us and Terry specifically but gives us a major advantage vs competing products which we know now will not work correctly.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#59)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841

Same concept, allows the JB4 to adjust the WGDC directly. Since it's a PWG vehicle compared to an EWG vehicle like the B58 there are technical differences.

The map boost requests are largely irrelevant without the BCM as the boost simply won't go up to target without matching WGDC offsets.

Since you are flashed though, the BCM won't be that important to you. You'll mainly use the JB4 for logging and to add or subtract a psi or two of boost as needed, I suspect.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#60)
Old

Default 01-21-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Same concept, allows the JB4 to adjust the WGDC directly. Since it's a PWG vehicle compared to an EWG vehicle like the B58 there are technical differences.

The map boost requests are largely irrelevant without the BCM as the boost simply won't go up to target without matching WGDC offsets.

Since you are flashed though, the BCM won't be that important to you. You'll mainly use the JB4 for logging and to add or subtract a psi or two of boost as needed, I suspect.
Any chance to explore above 31psi range? Do you think a 4bar tmap sensor is needed?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Any chance to explore above 31psi range? Do you think a 4bar tmap sensor is needed?
At some point we'll work on 4bar sensor retrofits, yes.

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old

Default 01-21-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
At some point we'll work on 4bar sensor retrofits, yes.
When you reached there, is the current Jb4 board able to support or is just a Simple FW update to resolve it (change 0 to 1 on the tmap)?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#63)
Old

Default 01-21-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Try load again. Had a few guys load it. Did you see it complete the process?
Just tried again. Yes it was fully loaded, the same thing happens again after rebooting the Jb4 it went straight into limp mode.

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Just tried again. Yes it was fully loaded, the same thing happens again after rebooting the Jb4 it went straight into limp mode.
Not sure what you're doing wrong, but I had no issues testing the firmware this am. JB4 log so I can see settings and firmware date at idle?

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
When you reached there, is the current Jb4 board able to support or is just a Simple FW update to resolve it (change 0 to 1 on the tmap)?
It's complicated because of the SENT sensor system. Not sure how it will work or be implemented yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#66)
Old

Default 01-21-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Not sure what you're doing wrong, but I had no issues testing the firmware this am. JB4 log so I can see settings and firmware date at idle?
Yep I've also updated to V3 firmware and it's all ok on my end.
(#67)
Old

Default 01-22-2019, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Hi T, I will email you the log & the vid of the limp mode recorded.

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#68)
Old

Default 01-22-2019, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Hi Terry,

I just got home from work and took the car for another test drive. After stopping to get fuel the JB4 went into safety map mode. Drove casually down the road and stopped and started the car again and the safety map messaged appeared on the JB4 app. No error codes at all.
(#69)
Old

Default 01-22-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Hi Terry,

I just got home from work and took the car for another test drive. After stopping to get fuel the JB4 went into safety map mode. Drove casually down the road and stopped and started the car again and the safety map messaged appeared on the JB4 app. No error codes at all.
V2 you didn't have this issue?

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#70)
Old

Default 01-22-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Hi Terry,

Went for another drive and couldn't replicate it going into safe mode. Will keep you posted on it.

Nope, never had V2 firmware do that George.

How does this look? Map 4, E30 in the tank.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-22 21_44_58_Map-4.csv (5.9 KB, 80 views)
(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Went for another drive and couldn't replicate it going into safe mode. Will keep you posted on it.

There were no JB4 safety systems built in to v2.

We have lean run on AFR and boost over boost safety active on v3. I haven't triggered either yet in our TTRS. It's supposed to save last safety value in the logs, what does it show on your user adjustment page? Also if needed FUD.4 on disables the safety system. Sounds like a false trigger though as it should only be active under higher pedal input.

Log itself looks as expected. BCM will really improve boost. Since you're active here email me I'll send you one to play with.

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
You have a lot of stuff going on with your car so better if we sort it via email anyway.

EDIT found your issue, you had the fuel pressure connection installed under the intake manifold and we disabled it in the firmware. Fixed for you via email. We'll leave the functionality there for now although I don't expect many will ever install that connector.

Burger Motorsports

(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:

Just dawned on me, map4 is no longer the safety map. So the app is doing what it's supposed to. Just ignore it and we'll fix the app. Safety map will be map8 in v4+ firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Default 01-23-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
You have a lot of stuff going on with your car so better if we sort it via email anyway.

EDIT found your issue, you had the fuel pressure connection installed under the intake manifold and we disabled it in the firmware. Fixed for you via email. We'll leave the functionality there for now although I don't expect many will ever install that connector.
Thks Geroge & Terry, with your speedy progress I think very soon we will need that to be connected. Once we need more fuel, is that going to be the one controlling? At least we know is working on the hpfp & trim?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2019, 07:07 PM

It's used to scale fuel trims, but since you also have flashed the car, are doing a turbo, etc, we'll have to see how it factors in to your build. Doesn't hurt to have it attached but seems like a lot of work to connect it!

Burger Motorsports