N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 2014 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Default 10-25-2018, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the reply. I have worked with vargas turbo rebuilding a few turbo units for my other cars. I was not aware if he has a AWD dyno. Let me email him.

Ok I am sold, will be placing the order shortly.

One more clarification

do I buy all of these?

1. Maserati JB4 BETA
2. Optional JB4 Wireless Mobile Connect Kit
3. BMS Data Cable
(#52)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-25-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whooopasss
Thanks for the reply. I have worked with vargas turbo rebuilding a few turbo units for my other cars. I was not aware if he has a AWD dyno. Let me email him.

Ok I am sold, will be placing the order shortly.

One more clarification

do I buy all of these?

1. Maserati JB4 BETA
2. Optional JB4 Wireless Mobile Connect Kit
3. BMS Data Cable
Ahh, Vargas does not have an AWD system.

1- Yes
2/3 Depends how you want to log your car. The most popular is 2 so you can log via phone or tablet.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old

Default 10-25-2018, 12:42 PM

Ordered and done! Thanks!

Last edited by Whooopasss; 10-25-2018 at 02:04 PM..
(#54)
Old

Default 11-06-2018, 01:16 PM

Just installed my JB4 on the ghibli,. the rear connector was a pain in the ass.. took my 30 min to just do that. The wire via the steering rack was easy. I was able to see via the app that it is defaulted to Map1. I will do a few runs later this week and log it so I can post it here. I am on 91 OCT btw.

I dint like the recomended location for the jb4 which was right next to the radiator reservoir. I felt that it would heat up as the coolant heats up. So i ended up placing the jb4 right next to the ecu. Secured it with cable ties and put back to cover for a stock look. I also figured it is the safest place from water or moisture since the ecu is right there.

Car started fine, and app is getting all data.. no check engine lights!

Btw: i was worried that the jb4 will come in a cheap case.. boy i was dead wrong!! the case is solid and with a good weight! I think it is aluminum secured by 4 screws.. if you throw this at someone and hits them in the head, it can cause a lot of damage!

Last edited by Whooopasss; 11-06-2018 at 02:14 PM..
(#55)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2018, 05:08 PM

Haha yes it's a good build quality. Can be used as a deadly weapon if needed but a lot more fun under the hood.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#56)
Old

Default 11-11-2018, 07:59 AM

I wanted to provide a feedback on jb4 map 1 so far. There is a real hugh improvement over stock. I hit redline quicker as well as the car upshifts to the next gear a lot quicker due to the quick rise of the rpm. It is a lot more fun to drive now. I keep checking for any codes and so far, after driving the car a total of 300miles in 1 day (south san jose-san ramon- concord-napa-gayserville-santa rosa-petaluma-sausoiito-berkey-okland-sunnyvale-san jose) with very occasional flat our redline runs, car has no codes what so ever. Car Pulls very strong compared to stock. This is on 91 oct. i was not able to log anything as i was having lots of fun driving. I hope i can do log run and a dyno session soon. Is it worth it? Absolutly! With the flexibility it has, as well as being set to map1 and the performance improvement at map1 only, yes it is worth it. Glad i made the purchase!
(#57)
Old

Default 11-13-2018, 02:23 PM

Logs with 3rd gear pull and 91 oct
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-11-13 12_55_12.csv (5.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: csv 2018-11-13 12_58_11.csv (7.2 KB, 61 views)
File Type: csv 2018-11-13 13_00_11.csv (6.6 KB, 52 views)
File Type: csv 2018-11-13 13_02_32.csv (7.5 KB, 57 views)
(#58)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-14-2018, 10:39 AM

Looks like the car is moving! Very good logs man.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#59)
Old

Default 11-14-2018, 11:08 AM

should I try other maps?
(#60)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli sq4/Bmw 335i
Default Maserati ghibli limp mode - 11-25-2018, 04:55 PM

I’ve had my jb4 in my 2014 ghibli for 2 months now and earlier the car went into limp mode , once I plugged out the obd connector the car got out of it and every time when I plug it back on it does it again. Anybody know what this is .?
(#61)
Old

Default 11-25-2018, 07:28 PM

must be a loose connection or a bad unit perhaps?.. before I installed mine, I used my multi meter to make sure each connector is secured and connected from both ends.. from the connector itself to the male connector on the board. I checked each one. this is due to the comment from the other member who said that he was getting no boost at times. I suspected a loose wire so I double checked mine. That way, if I get an issue, I know it is not the wiring.. so far so good!.
(#62)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli sq4/Bmw 335i
Default 11-25-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
must be a loose connection or a bad unit perhaps?.. before I installed mine, I used my multi meter to make sure each connector is secured and connected from both ends.. from the connector itself to the male connector on the board. I checked each one. this is due to the comment from the other member who said that he was getting no boost at times. I suspected a loose wire so I double checked mine. That way, if I get an issue, I know it is not the wiring.. so far so good!.
Checked every connector everythingís fine, no luck anybody else know why?
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-25-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merwan8888
Iíve had my jb4 in my 2014 ghibli for 2 months now and earlier the car went into limp mode , once I plugged out the obd connector the car got out of it and every time when I plug it back on it does it again. Anybody know what this is .?
Ah must be a faulty OBDII! Can happen from time to time. Just email us, we'll send another one.

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Default 11-27-2018, 01:36 AM

Terry, is it safe to try other maps?
(#65)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 11-27-2018, 09:10 PM

Can you guys clarify:

1. The original post says 50whp/50wtq gain. The graph shows ~350 hp for a Base. Is that wheel hp or crank? If its whp, that seems high for a base no?

2. Does the JB4 delete or erase CEL if we have down sport cats or removed cats?
(#66)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-27-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodHogan
Can you guys clarify:

1. The original post says 50whp/50wtq gain. The graph shows ~350 hp for a Base. Is that wheel hp or crank? If its whp, that seems high for a base no?

2. Does the JB4 delete or erase CEL if we have down sport cats or removed cats?
Wheel hp, could be factory freak.

No, that would be illegal.

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-28-2018, 08:32 AM

Following. I have been thinking about getting rid of my 335i for the Ghibli. I was pumped to see that you guys already have developed a JB4 for it :D

2011 E90 335i 388 whp/475wtq on E50
(#68)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-28-2018, 08:37 AM

Have you guys tested with ethanol yet? Curious to see the numbers.

2011 E90 335i 388 whp/475wtq on E50
(#69)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-28-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel3443
Have you guys tested with ethanol yet? Curious to see the numbers.
I know a few customers have been messing with ethanol blends. Fuel system can take it and logs look awesome. Jb4 is a must for the Ghibli.

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old

Default 11-28-2018, 10:08 AM

Payam @ BMS missed my question about trying other map aside from map1 on the ghibli?

Last edited by Whooopasss; 11-28-2018 at 10:59 AM..
(#71)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-28-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Payam @ BMS missed my question about trying other map aside from map1 on the ghibli?
Sorry man! From what I saw in your last log on 91 and map 1 it looked okay. Go ahead and try map 2 and get me some logs. Do you have access do any e85?

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old

Default 11-28-2018, 12:56 PM

yes we do.. its about a mile from my house.. what did you have in mind?

Last edited by Whooopasss; 11-28-2018 at 01:13 PM..
(#73)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli
Default 12-27-2018, 04:10 PM

Got mine installed today and wow, this car is woke AF now. Even on Map 1 its a huge increase in performance.

Here is a few logs from Map 1.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-27 15_32_44 Map-1.csv (11.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: csv 2018-12-27 15_45_15 Map-1.csv (15.0 KB, 51 views)
(#74)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-27-2018, 05:51 PM

Log looks good! But crank it up to full throttle!

Burger Motorsports

(#75)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli
Default 12-28-2018, 12:17 PM

Lol, yea need to find some open highway. Dallas during rush hour is no fun