Car: 2014 Ghibli
Default 07-30-2018, 08:40 AM

Oh and yah its pretty sick
(#27)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-30-2018, 01:36 PM

These logs are looking really healthy. I'd leave it on map 5 for now.

Yes, we are still working on more revisions for upcoming firmware. That's when we will be able to see more parameters for canbus logging.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Default 07-30-2018, 02:03 PM

Sounds great, I will be happy to give fw updates a whirl and try to provide logs and feedback
(#29)
Old

Default 07-31-2018, 12:41 PM

Heres a few more

There are 2 logs where when I started the pull, it didnt seem to build hardly any boost at all under load through redline and its happened probably 4-5 times since the install, so I am not sure whats going on with those or what it was

It built up boost the next WOT so its been something very rare compared to the number of great WOTs and general all around more fun to drive
(#30)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli sq4/Bmw 335i
Default SQ4 - 07-31-2018, 10:27 PM

Does this tune work on the sq4 models also? Or just base have a sq4 and really want the jb4 since I had good experiences on my e92
(#31)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-01-2018, 10:14 AM

Yes, it will work on both.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#32)
Old

Default 08-09-2018, 05:19 AM

The car has been running really great, had a couple more no boost pulls yesterday and im not sure what is the cause yet as most pulls are clean.

Has anyone else noticed this occassionally?
(#33)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-09-2018, 09:28 AM

Looks really good with all the other logs. The no boost is interesting though. I'm not understanding why it does that too. ECU psi is requesting 0 psi, so it's what the car itself is asking not the JB4.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old

Default 08-10-2018, 05:23 AM

Its definitely odd when it occurs, happened a few times on the way home last night, very odd as when under wot a turbo should build boost unless the wastegate is open from what I am aware, ill run on map 2 today and see if it happens any vs map 5.

Do you happen to have a newer firmware I could run to collect more info especially getting all the other sensors that are still 0 on this version.

Have you experienced this personally yet or anyone else or am I the only one its affecting?

Thanks again
(#35)
Old

Default 08-10-2018, 05:53 AM

Maybe put a diag log entry in ecu boost is 0 and jb4 knows its under load and should be building boost but isnt and how to get those types of logs from jb4 as the ecu not wanting boost had to get into some condition due to sensor values or other logic for it to do that
Can we log the boost and throttle in and out voltages?
(#36)
Old

Default 09-04-2018, 07:01 AM

Have there been any releases or updated beta versions to the ghibli firmware?
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-04-2018, 09:13 AM

No firmware updates yet. Waiting to get more units out there, more feedback, before we start working on new features and stronger maps. So spread the word.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Default 09-05-2018, 07:00 AM

Here are several logs

I had the no boost issue a few times this morning, have you seen any other reports of this issue?
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-05-2018, 08:40 AM

Interesting, tell me more about it? Any codes triggered?

Does it happen if you're doing a run at full power, then let off the gas to slow down, then next run have no boost until restarting car?

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 09-05-2018, 09:03 AM

Its only under WOT and it is randomly it seems, one pull might be fine and the next not build any boost and just showly accellerates until I let off it, definitely is not pulling hard. No codes triggered. Next pull 5 seconds later and works as expected without stopping or restarting the car.
(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-05-2018, 10:46 AM

Interesting, and does that happen if you just stay on map1?

Any codes coming up?

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Default 09-05-2018, 02:00 PM

Its done it in multiple maps but no codes
(#43)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-05-2018, 03:21 PM

What about map0?

Burger Motorsports

(#44)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli
Default 10-05-2018, 11:48 AM

Hi guys - just saw a note on the Ghibli Facebook group. Curious how many of these are out there, and if there is any idea on how many have been installed on SQ4s?

FYI - Terry it was pretty hard to pass the anti-spam question on the registration.
(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-05-2018, 12:46 PM

lol! You'd be surprised how few of the Chinese spammers figure it out.

We've shipped a good amount, 20-30? Very positive feedback.

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Default 10-05-2018, 03:34 PM

Lol, I was actually being serious. I must have tried 10 things before i gave up and googled it on bimmerpost.

Anyways I was pretty excited when i heard about this as I had a JB4 on my 4-series previously. Ill probably pull the trigger on this soon, once my quarterly bonus hits. What do I need to post the log files and help out?
(#47)
Old

Default 10-20-2018, 11:00 AM

How did you guys mount the control box, is it just sitting in that pocket or did you zip tie it to something?
(#48)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-20-2018, 11:03 AM

We left it sitting there but it has holes to zip-tie it if you'd like a cleaner look.

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old

Car: 2014 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Default 10-25-2018, 10:19 AM

I am very interested. I am new to JB4. Few questions.

1. Test car is 93 oct. We only have 91 oct, do we have a different map or we use the same maps?
2. There are times when we can get 93 or even 94 oct, we can then change the map higher?
3. Are there any indicator of a detonation on the app (on phone) to tell us to ease on the throttle or we got bad gas and we shouldn't go beyond stock settings?
4. What are the safety features? like if detonation is detected, does it reduce boost? retard timing?
5. Have we solved the issue wilcoxclay reported about the no boost issue?
6. there was a mention that there is an auto tune for the BMW, are we going to have that in the future? How does it work?
7. When new flash and firmware becomes available, are upgrades free?

I can probably do a before and after Dyno of the JB4. Do you have any affiliated dyno shop here in northern California around San Jose that does an install for JB4 and possibly Dyno as well? I can cover the cost for the dyno. I only use my Ghibli for completion use only.

Last edited by Whooopasss; 10-25-2018 at 10:29 AM..
(#50)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-25-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whooopasss
I am very interested. I am new to JB4. Few questions.

1. Test car is 93 oct. We only have 91 oct, do we have a different map or we use the same maps?
2. There are times when we can get 93 or even 94 oct, we can then change the map higher?
3. Are there any indicator of a detonation on the app (on phone) to tell us to ease on the throttle or we got bad gas and we shouldn't go beyond stock settings?
4. What are the safety features? like if detonation is detected, does it reduce boost? retard timing?
5. Have we solved the issue wilcoxclay reported about the no boost issue?
6. there was a mention that there is an auto tune for the BMW, are we going to have that in the future? How does it work?
7. When new flash and firmware becomes available, are upgrades free?

I can probably do a before and after Dyno of the JB4. Do you have any affiliated dyno shop here in northern California around San Jose that does an install for JB4 and possibly Dyno as well? I can cover the cost for the dyno. I only use my Ghibli for completion use only.
1- 91 is fine, start with map 1
2- Yes, higher octane you can go with higher map. Logs will tell more though.
3- Timing will help indicate that in the log.
4- That is still mapped in factory ECU, it will reduce boost or retard timing as you stated. In other instances of AFR, over boost, maxed fuel trims, the JB4 will kick into safety map. Something flash tuning or even stock ECU can't do.
5- Haven't heard much, so I assume it's fixed.
6- Still in progress, no real answers when.
7- Yes of course, that is the beauty of JB4. We are always updating and coming out with new feature for our customers.

Not too sure on what's up there. We work with Vargas Turbo Tech in Hayward.

Burger Motorsports