N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-30-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyolo
Is it any firmware update available for the Ghibli IOS or nothing yet?
Also anyone have any customize maps on theirs?
I think we're working on an update.

Do you have any logs of your car so we can see how it's doing?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#152)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli
Default Ghibli down under - 09-10-2019, 06:33 AM

Hi all, new to this forum. Just installed a JB4 on my 2015 Ghibli. Iím in AUS so the fuel may not be as good as the states. Iím running 98 octane which is the best I get from the pump. Ran on dyno and achieved an extra 30kw at the wheels on map 5. Is there anything available for remapping to get more out?
(#153)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-10-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVSGhibli
Hi all, new to this forum. Just installed a JB4 on my 2015 Ghibli. Iím in AUS so the fuel may not be as good as the states. Iím running 98 octane which is the best I get from the pump. Ran on dyno and achieved an extra 30kw at the wheels on map 5. Is there anything available for remapping to get more out?
That's pretty good! Got any logs or pictures of the dyno run?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#154)
Old

Default 09-10-2019, 02:22 PM

I have this log from last night. It's only a short run but would be interested to hear your thoughts.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-09-10 sports mode Map-5.csv (6.7 KB, 18 views)
(#155)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Default 09-15-2019, 11:15 AM

15 Ghibli SQ4, Map 5, Mash and Go 0 to 139MPH, 4 gallons of E85 to a tank of 93 oct. 89 degrees F ambient temps outside.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-09-15 14_04_12_Map-5.csv (21.2 KB, 13 views)
(#156)
Old

Default 09-16-2019, 09:51 AM

If going to the dragstrip, def need to brake boost to get off the line. This SQ4 is a pig to get going off a simple mash and go...
(#157)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-17-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVSGhibli
I have this log from last night. It's only a short run but would be interested to hear your thoughts.
Looks very strong and clean actually, what fuel is this on?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#158)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-17-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisUCF99
15 Ghibli SQ4, Map 5, Mash and Go 0 to 139MPH, 4 gallons of E85 to a tank of 93 oct. 89 degrees F ambient temps outside.
Looks very good, trims and AFR are nice and steady with e85.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#159)
Old

Default 09-17-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Looks very strong and clean actually, what fuel is this on?
In Australia this is the best on pump noted as 98 Octane. I have researched this however and I think it is still a lower grade than the 93 in the USA.
(#160)
Old

Car: '15 Maserati Ghibli
Default 09-19-2019, 08:38 AM

Installed my JB4 awhile back, but forgot to post logs. Does this look good I'm using Map2 with 93 Octane. Can I bump it up to a different map for more boost or custom?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-09-14 08_35_27_Map-2.csv (15.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv 2019-09-14 08_37_56_Map-2.csv (5.0 KB, 13 views)
(#161)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-19-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan33187
Installed my JB4 awhile back, but forgot to post logs. Does this look good I'm using Map2 with 93 Octane. Can I bump it up to a different map for more boost or custom?
I would stick to map 2 for now for 93 octane. The log looks very very clean though, do you have access to e85?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#162)
Old

Default 09-19-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
I would stick to map 2 for now for 93 octane. The log looks very very clean though, do you have access to e85?
Ok. Yes I have access to e85. Also, is there a more preferred way to log... Like from 0-80? Or something along those lines.
(#163)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-19-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Ok. Yes I have access to e85. Also, is there a more preferred way to log... Like from 0-80? Or something along those lines.
Go for it! Mix some e85 and go for the next higher map, I believe map 5.

No, your logging is fine. I'm getting all the data I need from it

Burger Motorsports

(#164)
Old

Default 09-19-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Go for it! Mix some e85 and go for the next higher map, I believe map 5.

No, your logging is fine. I'm getting all the data I need from it
How much e85 should I put in with 93?
(#165)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-19-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
How much e85 should I put in with 93?
You can put 4 gallons of e85 and fill the rest with 93.

Burger Motorsports

(#166)
Old

Default 09-20-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
You can put 4 gallons of e85 and fill the rest with 93.
I have access to 110 also.
(#167)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-20-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I have access to 110 also.
Not really needed, overkill and waste of money IMO.

Lets try the e85 blend and if that's good we can try some custom values on map 6.

Burger Motorsports

(#168)
Old

Default 09-20-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Not really needed, overkill and waste of money IMO.

Lets try the e85 blend and if that's good we can try some custom values on map 6.
Count me in for custom values. Let me know. I'll hit up the dragstrip and let it rip...
(#169)
Old

Car: 2017 Maserati Ghibli S
Default 09-26-2019, 11:39 AM

I am on the fence on buying this unit vs competitors. My biggest concern is the first post was 15 months ago and zero firmware updates coupled with a lot of "we are working on an update". Any more testimonials from SQ4 or S owners?
(#170)
Old

Default 09-26-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimey
I am on the fence on buying this unit vs competitors. My biggest concern is the first post was 15 months ago and zero firmware updates coupled with a lot of "we are working on an update". Any more testimonials from SQ4 or S owners?
I wouldn't hesitate, it's solid! I haven't had a single issue whatsoever on any of the maps. You'll thank yourself later.
(#171)
Old

Default 09-26-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisUCF99
I wouldn't hesitate, it's solid! I haven't had a single issue whatsoever on any of the maps. You'll thank yourself later.
Thanks Chris. I don't have an issue if they don't update firmware if they nailed it the first time, but they shouldn't keep saying they are working on one and never release either.
I've looked at the alternatives and this has the most discussion so I'm going to bite. Also I drove a 2019 for a month while the dealer replaced my struts and amazed at how much the extra 26 HP performs.
The install guide has horrible pictures. How hard was installing the rear map sensor? The pics have me seriously confused on where it's exactly located.
(#172)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
It's been solid so no updates have been needed. There are more features we'd like to add as well as more maps. But the development time for addl features is sales dependent. We need to expand our Ghibli customer base with the currently stable system as the next step.

Burger Motorsports

(#173)
Old

Default 09-27-2019, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's been solid so no updates have been needed. There are more features we'd like to add as well as more maps. But the development time for addl features is sales dependent. We need to expand our Ghibli customer base with the currently stable system as the next step.
Thanks Terry, that makes sense and good luck. I have been actively reading all message boards and JB4 definitely has the most activity, but still low overall. I will be buying soon, waiting a week or two to recover from shoulder surgery before I can install.
(#174)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-27-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Thanks Chris. I don't have an issue if they don't update firmware if they nailed it the first time, but they shouldn't keep saying they are working on one and never release either.
I've looked at the alternatives and this has the most discussion so I'm going to bite. Also I drove a 2019 for a month while the dealer replaced my struts and amazed at how much the extra 26 HP performs.
The install guide has horrible pictures. How hard was installing the rear map sensor? The pics have me seriously confused on where it's exactly located.
There are only two sensors which are very easy to reach. Once you pop your hood open and follow where the circles are in the install guide, you'll see the sensors.

Burger Motorsports

(#175)
Old

Default 09-27-2019, 12:35 PM

The back sensor isn’t the easiest but I got it done in 30 mins.