JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1076)
Old
1maudiz 1maudiz is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2021
Car: 2015 A3 2.0
Smile UPDATE - 10-15-2021, 08:23 PM

Switched from map 5 to map 2 and now I’m probably going to need a motor ����
Ran great missfired and died took plugs out saw the tip to one was broke off changed plugs and now my whole top end is knocking badly 49k miles on the car
Trying to find a stock down pipe and send it to Audi to hopefully get warranty work done … PRAY FOR ME GUYS THIS SUCKS!!!!

Last edited by 1maudiz; 10-15-2021 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: Silly
Reply With Quote
(#1077)
Old
santiagoafull santiagoafull is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: Audi s3
Default 10-16-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1maudiz
Switched from map 5 to map 2 and now Iím probably going to need a motor ����
Ran great missfired and died took plugs out saw the tip to one was broke off changed plugs and now my whole top end is knocking badly 49k miles on the car
Trying to find a stock down pipe and send it to Audi to hopefully get warranty work done Ö PRAY FOR ME GUYS THIS SUCKS!!!!
Car? S3? year?
Reply With Quote
(#1078)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,518
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 10-16-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1maudiz
Switched from map 5 to map 2 and now I’m probably going to need a motor ����
Ran great missfired and died took plugs out saw the tip to one was broke off changed plugs and now my whole top end is knocking badly 49k miles on the car
Trying to find a stock down pipe and send it to Audi to hopefully get warranty work done … PRAY FOR ME GUYS THIS SUCKS!!!!
Some misfire codes require them to be cleared a few times. You can try disconnect the battery for a while.
If you taking it in dont clear the codes.'
Where the plugs stock? We have never seen tips come off on stock plugs. They can burn the tip away after long use but dont fail.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1079)
Old
1maudiz 1maudiz is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2021
Car: 2015 A3 2.0
Cool Update - 10-17-2021, 01:02 PM

Car is a 2015 A3 With the 2.0 and yeah stock plugs Iíve personally never seen a tip come off a plug too! Cleared the codes no more codes for the missfire,
I can upload a YouTube vid if you want to see the sound itís making
it itís kinda crazy for only 49k
Question for you guys when I take this car to Audi for warranty work should I keep the new plugs I put in and keep quiet that a plug failed?
Say ďcar was missing so I tryed new plugs and noticed that it was making a sound tooĒ? (Having the girlfriend take the car in)
My biggest struggle right now is finding a used stock DP
Right now the car had a ******* down pipe and I would think that Audi would flag the work and not cover the issue if they see the ***************
Reply With Quote
(#1080)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,518
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 10-17-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1maudiz
Car is a 2015 A3 With the 2.0 and yeah stock plugs Iíve personally never seen a tip come off a plug too! Cleared the codes no more codes for the missfire,
I can upload a YouTube vid if you want to see the sound itís making
it itís kinda crazy for only 49k
Question for you guys when I take this car to Audi for warranty work should I keep the new plugs I put in and keep quiet that a plug failed?
Say ďcar was missing so I tryed new plugs and noticed that it was making a sound tooĒ? (Having the girlfriend take the car in)
My biggest struggle right now is finding a used stock DP
Right now the car had a ******* down pipe and I would think that Audi would flag the work and not cover the issue if they see the ***************
Note sure about the plugs. DP would be a issue.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1081)
Old
1maudiz 1maudiz is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2021
Car: 2015 A3 2.0
Icon1 Thanks - 10-18-2021, 10:40 AM

Yeah thatís what I figured thanks hopefully I can get this fixed soon till then
Reply With Quote
(#1082)
Old
Hally83 Hally83 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2021
Car: 2021 Mk4 Skoda Octavia RS 245HP
Default 11-24-2021, 02:34 PM

Hi George, do you support the new 2021 Mk4 Skoda Octavia RS Australian spec? It’s got the EA888.3 with IS20 not the garret turbo. I’m picking it up tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
(#1083)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,518
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 11-24-2021, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hally83
Hi George, do you support the new 2021 Mk4 Skoda Octavia RS Australian spec? Itís got the EA888.3 with IS20 not the garret turbo. Iím picking it up tomorrow.
Hi,

The Group 2 unit will work on it. Will be best to email some logs to me once its up and running.
We missing a few OBD parameters on it that will will add on a future firmware update that will be specific to those motors. We have done a few MK8 GTI's already that have the same new/old motors in them. It seems South Africa also got the same spec with the IS20 and I managed to get one in and test on it.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1084)
Old
santiagoafull santiagoafull is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: Audi s3
Default 11-25-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Hi,

The Group 2 unit will work on it. Will be best to email some logs to me once its up and running.
We missing a few OBD parameters on it that will will add on a future firmware update that will be specific to those motors. We have done a few MK8 GTI's already that have the same new/old motors in them. It seems South Africa also got the same spec with the IS20 and I managed to get one in and test on it.
Excellent George!
What would be the updated list of cars that support the JB4 gen3 "B"? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
(#1085)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,518
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 11-25-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoafull
Excellent George!
What would be the updated list of cars that support the JB4 gen3 "B"? Thanks in advance!
We might confuse things by calling it a 3B as that is already a different motor that is fitted in the 140kw models.

We going to sell the Group 2 for the Australian and South African market as is from the site and then down the line create a market specific firmware for them so all the OBD channels will work. They seem to be the same as the MK8 R Euro spec so once we have solved those it will be easy to test as I am in South Africa and have access to the cars.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1086)
Old
RPHD26 RPHD26 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: VW Golf GTI PP MK7
Default 12-01-2021, 09:32 AM

Hi, So I have a mk7 Golf GTI PP in the UK and have got an induction kit + Scorpion non res catback. Currently just been using map 2 with 99RON. Would a custom map 6 see better gains / drivability with these mods?
Reply With Quote
(#1087)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,518
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 12-05-2021, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPHD26
Hi, So I have a mk7 Golf GTI PP in the UK and have got an induction kit + Scorpion non res catback. Currently just been using map 2 with 99RON. Would a custom map 6 see better gains / drivability with these mods?

Yes, on 99 we can run more boost than map 2.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1088)
Old
Raks9201 Raks9201 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2020
Car: 2019 VW Polo AW GTI
Default 2018 8v2 S3 Fuel pump not priming (Intermittent issue) - 12-13-2021, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raks9201
Hi George

I installed the jb4 in my Audi s3, I noticed after the install my car won't start sometimes with the first turn. Note I don't have the keyless option and have to physically turn the ignition. I noticed this happens intermittently and seems to only has happened on maps 3/4/6 & 8. It will just hang like there is no petrol, not the same noise you hear when the battery is flat. I switched into Map 0 this morning and I am waiting to see if it happens again.

Have you ever come across this fault before? If yes why and what is the solution?

Warm Regards,
Hi George

I think I prematurely agreed that this problem was rectified. After changing the fuel loop to 45 I still got the starter issues after a while. I then ran the car on Map 0 for around 2 months and the problem disappeared completely. After changing it to map 1 on the weekend everything thing ran fine initially until the same issue started again. It seems to start fine in the morning however after a short drive and stop, on the restart, it had a hanging starter like there is no fuel. Once I turned off and tried again it started again. Please assist me, I hate not having my jb4 on.

Warm Regards,
Reply With Quote
(#1089)
Old
santiagoafull santiagoafull is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: Audi s3
Default 12-13-2021, 01:43 PM

George,
I just sold my S3. I bought a 2018 Audi A3 40TFSI (2.0T 190CV). Is it compatible with the JB4 GEN3 B that I was using in my S3 8V? this car has DQ381. The stickr on the box says: JB4-MQB-2.0-AWD and check box "other" says "B".

Thanks in advance George

Last edited by santiagoafull; 12-13-2021 at 02:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#1090)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,518
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 12-14-2021, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoafull
George,
I just sold my S3. I bought a 2018 Audi A3 40TFSI (2.0T 190CV). Is it compatible with the JB4 GEN3 B that I was using in my S3 8V? this car has DQ381. The stickr on the box says: JB4-MQB-2.0-AWD and check box "other" says "B".

Thanks in advance George
Hi,

You can run it in map 1. Dont connect plug C on the side of the intake manifold or the AFR connection.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1091)
Old
santiagoafull santiagoafull is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: Audi s3
Default 12-14-2021, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Hi,

You can run it in map 1. Dont connect plug C on the side of the intake manifold or the AFR connection.
Sorry: I did not understand what I should NOT connect:
1) Plug C (intake manifold)
2) AFR wire.

Correct?

Dq381 I can't use map 3?
Thanks George !!!!

Last edited by santiagoafull; 12-14-2021 at 06:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#1092)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,518
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 12-15-2021, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoafull
Sorry: I did not understand what I should NOT connect:
1) Plug C (intake manifold)
2) AFR wire.

Correct?

Dq381 I can't use map 3?
Thanks George !!!!
Map 1 on Gen3 firmware is the same as map 3 on Gen3B firmware so that is the recommended map.

Map 4 has too much boost for this motor.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1093)
Old
santiagoafull santiagoafull is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: Audi s3
Default 12-15-2021, 07:01 AM

Ok George.
To install: plug C not install? Sorry dont understand this
Reply With Quote
(#1094)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,518
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 12-15-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoafull
Ok George.
To install: plug C not install? Sorry dont understand this
No, that is not used at all and leave stock one in place.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#1095)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 12-17-2021, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Map 1 on Gen3 firmware is the same as map 3 on Gen3B firmware so that is the recommended map.

Map 4 has too much boost for this motor.
Hey George, Map 3 is fine with good fuel without the AFR wire on the 1.8, right? After buying from a Golf R owner I'm getting perfect trims, stock AFR's and no timing corrections. I'm hooking up the AFR wire later as he had the full AFR passthrough plug for MK 7.5 and my T fit connectors arrive later today, but these 2 pulls (trimmed to one chart) look good right? Not sure how to post links here, had to cripple it to post.

datazap . me /u/danbfree/map3?log=0&data=1-3-4-6-11-14-15-18-25-26-27-28
Reply With Quote
(#1096)
Old
djdouglaslopes djdouglaslopes is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2022
Car: AUDI A3 8V 2016
Default 02-02-2022, 08:53 PM

Hi, I'm new here on the Forum!! There are some logs of my car mounted stg2 + JB4 turbo IS38 in the phase of adjustment with George!!!


https://***********/u/djdouglaslopes...=0&data=1-4-18
Reply With Quote
(#1097)
Old
donJimenez donJimenez is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2022
Car: 2017 GSW
Default 02-07-2022, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdouglaslopes
Hi, I'm new here on the Forum!! There are some logs of my car mounted stg2 + JB4 turbo IS38 in the phase of adjustment with George!!!


https://***********/u/djdouglaslopes...=0&data=1-4-18
Is it running a little rich up top? Maybe why it's not reaching target. Great boost numbers.
Reply With Quote
(#1098)
Old
djdouglaslopes djdouglaslopes is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2022
Car: AUDI A3 8V 2016
Default 02-07-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donJimenez
Is it running a little rich up top? Maybe why it's not reaching target. Great boost numbers.
Hi, you're really right, it's a little rich up there!!!
I'm working out some details about the fuel mixture with George, in this log I have FUEL BIAS 100 between 2500 to 4500rpm, and 20 between 5000 to 7000rpm, and FOL at 50!!
About the turbo not reaching the target, we saw that the flash that is in the car's ECU, for sure, has the wastage setpoint modified, so it can't pour more than 20psi at high (6000RPM).
I'm still testing, because I'm having error 3A9F, and let's lower the FOL a little to 40!!!
Reply With Quote
(#1099)
Old
GolfRBhoy GolfRBhoy is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2022
Car: Golf R
Default New Install Help/Advice Required Please - 03-09-2022, 10:34 AM

Hi, I've just installed a JB4 on my MK7 Golf R and have the app and can connect to the car. All is good so far.

I've emailed George to start the custom map setup and await a response.

In the meantime, what is the best map to run until I get the custom map?

Is there a list of the current maps and what they do for my car available to view?

What is the process for logging data? For example, should I drive the car in Map 6 then log a drive? I read somewhere you drive in third gear and log until it changes to 4th gear, but the posts I've been reading are quite dated and I really want the most up to date information.

THanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
(#1100)
Old
donJimenez donJimenez is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2022
Car: 2017 GSW
Default 03-09-2022, 11:53 AM

I think post #1 is kept up to date with Maps and Firmware

JB4 for Gen3 VAG Group - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2022, JB4tech.com