N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default JB4 Power pulses / surges above 30% throttle. Dynojet logs - 06-10-2019, 11:10 PM

Under throttle above 30% I am getting power pulses which feels like fuel cutoff
but can actually here it through intakes as well. This happens on map 1 2 and 3. Not always the same surges run to run. However I did notice disabled / map 0 a few times but not so strong. This was not the case before JB4 install. I'm sending 10 logs from the Dynojet performed yesterday 06/10/19. 3 pulls each on map 1 2 and 3...one pull on map 0, have 2 other's from 0 I could add if needed.

3.3 JB4 / K&N Typhoon / Muffler delete / Denso iridiums @ .022 / Shell 93 octane

Last edited by Alpha_Sting1; 06-10-2019 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: Additional
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2019, 08:06 AM

Load up v10 firmware, set options bit7 on, and let me know if that helps..

Quick glance over the dyno logs and those seem fine for 93 octane, doing runs in 5th gear? Did map2 or map3 perform better?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 06-11-2019, 09:53 AM

Ok, I'm seeing V10 10-1 10-2 which should I upload? Thanks!
(#4)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 06-11-2019, 10:27 AM

There is only one v10 hex file download.

Looks like you have already downloaded v10 previously.

As the 10-1 and 10-2 is just a differentiator for the same file.
(#5)
Old

Default 06-11-2019, 12:55 PM

Yea I thought we downloaded the latest 2 weeks ago but couldn't recall the V.
Where can I locate the V I'm running? I searched all through app settings / info and no dice. Bit7 option as well. Maybe I'm blinder than I thought and just missing 👀
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2019, 02:53 PM

Same file that you downloaded more than once.

If your app is older the setting is called "Future Use D". Click options and set bit7 on. And save bits, save settings.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 06-11-2019, 07:32 PM

Gotcha. I ended finding the Future D although I'm updated in Play store. If there's a newer Vrs app then must be on that other platform. Updated to 10.2 so hopefully I return here with good results 🤞
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2019, 11:54 AM

Post a log of the issue if it continues as well so we can continue to hone in on it!

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 06-13-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Post a log of the issue if it continues as well so we can continue to hone in on it!
Here are some more logs Terry, after update on Bit7 and with and without E30.
After the update the surge was much less prevalent but still there a tad.
Hope these help and we can trouble shoot and work out.
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2019, 09:02 AM

Looks much better to me. Let's give v10 awhile to see how other cars respond, etc, and then we'll look in to making the same effect a little stronger if wider feedback on the setting is similar to yours.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 06-17-2019, 09:25 AM

Off on surge on map 2 was really bad Saturday evening, worse it's been. map 1 surge is there but not half as bad. So the 10.2 update has solved nothing from what I'm feeling and hearing from the car
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2019, 09:30 AM

Let's see the log of "worse it's ever been".

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 06-17-2019, 09:49 AM

Can't recall exactly which log now as forgot to label as going along but it'll be one of these.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_2019-06-15 16_06_20_Map-2.csv (2.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv 2_2019-06-15 16_19_53_Map-2.csv (2.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv 1_2019-06-15 16_16_12_Map-2.csv (6.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv 3_2019-06-15 16_20_28_Map-2.csv (2.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv 4_2019-06-15 16_22_01_Map-2.csv (57.4 KB, 7 views)
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2019, 10:18 AM

Don't see any obvious issues. When you have time you can open each log in the app or windows interface to identify what is what. And lets focus on 1 log that has the issue with a specific time stamp so we can see technically what you're feeling behind the wheel.

Burger Motorsports