N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#351)
Old
blackgti blackgti is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jan 2019
Car: M235I
Default 06-16-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgraham1284
Checked the air filter to make sure it's clean?
I ended up reading it with Vagcom and it ended up being a P013E code not P0100 like the JB4 app said. I’ll have to fiddle with the spacer.
Reply With Quote
(#352)
Old
TSI 1.8T Jasper's Avatar
TSI 1.8T Jasper TSI 1.8T Jasper is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 21
Join Date: May 2019
Car: 2018 mk7.5 1.8T m/t
Default 06-16-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
For guys with the idle hiccup see if this firmware irons it out. Been sending it out to individuals for the past week and it seems to be eliminated with smoother spool up as well.
Let me know your findings.
Once we happy with the results we will add new maps to this and post it in post 1.

Took the car for good spin today , once car worms up the hiccups are still present at idle not bad but do come on and off. Otherwise car drives as should and does feel smoother with turbo spool up .

No codes ,no engine light all good but unfortunately still have the hiccups
Reply With Quote
(#353)
Old
julian2292 julian2292 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 10
Join Date: Nov 2016
Car: bmw 1m
Default 06-17-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
For guys with the idle hiccup see if this firmware irons it out. Been sending it out to individuals for the past week and it seems to be eliminated with smoother spool up as well.
Let me know your findings.
Once we happy with the results we will add new maps to this and post it in post 1.

Thanks for the new firmware George.
I am going to try it tonight.

audi s3 2019
Reply With Quote
(#354)
Old
aphex13 aphex13 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2019
Car: 2017 VW GTI SE
Default 06-17-2019, 11:08 AM

2017 VW GTI SE DSG...

The new firmware spools much smother than the last.
My exhaust tone seems more smooth/consistent as well. The DSG bangs are more like a brap than a pop.

I never really had any "trouble" at idle, but it seems to be smoother than before. This may be placebo. I'm going to revert to the last release this afternoon, just to check.

What was changed in the new test version?
Reply With Quote
(#355)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 765
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-17-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphex13
2017 VW GTI SE DSG...

The new firmware spools much smother than the last.
My exhaust tone seems more smooth/consistent as well. The DSG bangs are more like a brap than a pop.

I never really had any "trouble" at idle, but it seems to be smoother than before. This may be placebo. I'm going to revert to the last release this afternoon, just to check.

What was changed in the new test version?
We changed data sampling rates and some boost add onset speed. We going to add the two maps I want to add now and most likely go public with it this week.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#356)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 765
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-17-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dejan_
I will try. Today Im try after long time push car harder and get issue in 5th gear.
Im start in 3th gear and then in 5th gear after gear change is car normaly pull but few seconds later it lose power and JB4 is change to map 4(Boost is over 28,1 for too long). Log is in attachment. Im also upload it on datazap:
https:// datazap . me /u/dejan/jb4-map6-fol45-maxpsi-28-boost-redux-65-30052019-boost-issue?log=0&data=1-4

Do you maybe know why ECU request that high boost?
At 5500rpm in 3th gear ECU request 15.1psi
At 5500rpm in 4th gear ECU request 19.4psi
At 5500rpm in 5th gear ECU request 21.7psi

Also ECU half close throttle after gear change to 5th gear.

I will in next days test it on map 0 to see if this strange behavior will still be present...
I got your email but for the guys reading the answer is the boost is load based. The higher the gear the more the load so it will boost more.
I think the overboost issue is elevated due to the GPF and changes they have made to the exhaust in this regard with too much back pressure at very high boost levels.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#357)
Old
_Dejan_ _Dejan_ is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 40
Join Date: Jan 2019
Car: Seat Cupra ST 300 4DRIVE DSG
Default 06-17-2019, 12:24 PM

George thanks for reply on email and here. My car is pre GPF so stoch has not have GPF but maybe Cupra 300 ST 4DRIVE have more restricted exhaust(Because stock has been very silenet) and they make changes in ECU to fight with backpressure...
Reply With Quote
(#358)
Old
andrew626 andrew626 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2019
Car: golf r
Default 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
We changed data sampling rates and some boost add onset speed. We going to add the two maps I want to add now and most likely go public with it this week.
Wow great !
Reply With Quote
(#359)
Old
TSI 1.8T Jasper's Avatar
TSI 1.8T Jasper TSI 1.8T Jasper is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 21
Join Date: May 2019
Car: 2018 mk7.5 1.8T m/t
Default 06-17-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
We changed data sampling rates and some boost add onset speed. We going to add the two maps I want to add now and most likely go public with it this week.
Will the two new maps work with 1.8T ? Would be nice before thursday cos going on a road trip friday ...haha no rush .
Reply With Quote
(#360)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 765
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-17-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI 1.8T Jasper
Will the two new maps work with 1.8T ? Would be nice before thursday cos going on a road trip friday ...haha no rush .
One yes the other no as its a high absolute map.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#361)
Old
TSI 1.8T Jasper's Avatar
TSI 1.8T Jasper TSI 1.8T Jasper is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 21
Join Date: May 2019
Car: 2018 mk7.5 1.8T m/t
Default 06-17-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
One yes the other no as its a high absolute map.
cool and thanks
Reply With Quote
(#362)
Old
sprinks sprinks is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2018
Car: VW GTI mk7
Default 06-20-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
We changed data sampling rates and some boost add onset speed. We going to add the two maps I want to add now and most likely go public with it this week.
It feels great so far. It's so smooth that I honestly had a moment the day after install that i had to double check i wasn't in map0. Thank you for the updates!

Reply With Quote
(#363)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 765
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-22-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinks
It feels great so far. It's so smooth that I honestly had a moment the day after install that i had to double check i wasn't in map0. Thank you for the updates!

Thanks for the feedback.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#364)
Old
dgraham1284 dgraham1284 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2019
Car: B9 A4
Default 06-24-2019, 02:05 PM

Patiently waiting. I've got my bottle of boostane and e30 ready to rock and roll.
Reply With Quote
(#365)
Old
andrew626 andrew626 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2019
Car: golf r
Default 06-24-2019, 05:06 PM

Please release the new maps!
I want to try them
Reply With Quote
(#366)
Old
julian2292 julian2292 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 10
Join Date: Nov 2016
Car: bmw 1m
Default 06-27-2019, 06:16 PM

Hi George. When you are releasing the two new maps ?
Reply With Quote
(#367)
Old
TheBtrend TheBtrend is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: Mk6 Jetta
Default 06-28-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian2292
Hi George. When you are releasing the two new maps ?
+1
Reply With Quote
(#368)
Old
WillyR7 WillyR7 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2019
Car: Golf R7.5
Default 06-28-2019, 10:04 PM

Hi Guys,

Give George an opportunity to do his thing, he will release those maps when it’s 100% ready .

Thx
Reply With Quote
(#369)
Old
aphex13 aphex13 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2019
Car: 2017 VW GTI SE
Default 06-29-2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyR7
Hi Guys,

Give George an opportunity to do his thing, he will release those maps when it’s 100% ready .

Thx
+1
Reply With Quote
(#370)
Old
mh254 mh254 is online now
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: SEAT LEON Cupra 300
Default 06-30-2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyR7
Hi Guys,

Give George an opportunity to do his thing, he will release those maps when it’s 100% ready .

Thx
+1
Reply With Quote
(#371)
Old
TheBtrend TheBtrend is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: Mk6 Jetta
Default 07-01-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyR7
Hi Guys,

Give George an opportunity to do his thing, he will release those maps when it’s 100% ready .

Thx
Classic line of “Will probably be released this week” has been said multiple times the past 4-5 months. Of course we will be patient, but why even mention it if its not going to happen?
Reply With Quote
(#372)
Old
JuanFranCupra JuanFranCupra is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2019
Car: Seat Leon Cupra 2019
Default 07-01-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBtrend
Classic line of “Will probably be released this week” has been said multiple times the past 4-5 months. Of course we will be patient, but why even mention it if its not going to happen?

Something is happening because 2 weeks ago George published a beta that I have tested and it works perfectly
Reply With Quote
(#373)
Old
TheBtrend TheBtrend is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: Mk6 Jetta
Default 07-01-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanFranCupra
Something is happening because 2 weeks ago George published a beta that I have tested and it works perfectly
Again, all classic lines since February.
Reply With Quote
(#374)
Old
antsh antsh is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Sep 2018
Car: B9 A4
Default 07-01-2019, 06:59 PM

Is there a public location for this beta, or was it a closed email only thing?
Reply With Quote
(#375)
Old
julian2292 julian2292 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 10
Join Date: Nov 2016
Car: bmw 1m
Default 07-01-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsh
Is there a public location for this beta, or was it a closed email only thing?
Its in page 14 o 15 of this forum
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
mh254
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2018, N54tech.com