N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#10451)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistawall

i plan on experimenting with the MHD only bef

In regards to leaving the white connector in or out. when using 4/4 setting.?
There is no MHD only BEF. There is an MHD only flash. To run that you'd go mode 4/4 and either leave white subconnector installed if you want the JB4 doing the boost control tuning (something the flash maps do poorly without custom tuning) or bypass the white connector for the flash to have full control.

On mode 4/4 with it bypassed map0 works as normal. With it installed map0 would result in no boost.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10452)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-27-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistawall
hey terry maybe you can point me to a post that explains the updates in 32_2 better

i plan on experimenting with the MHD only bef

In regards to leaving the white connector in or out. when using 4/4 setting.

white connector out logging and guage hijacking only i get that.

with it connected I have to leave jb4 in map 0 or i will get no boost. is that what im understanding?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
There is no MHD only BEF. There is an MHD only flash. To run that you'd go mode 4/4 and either leave white subconnector installed if you want the JB4 doing the boost control tuning (something the flash maps do poorly without custom tuning) or bypass the white connector for the flash to have full control.

On mode 4/4 with it bypassed map0 works as normal. With it installed map0 would result in no boost.
god i hate being a newb and sounding uninformed which i am because i am still newbish. anyway.

Thats what i meant. currently im on the JB4 PUMP gas BEF on 4/2. i wanted to experiment with the MHD Flash so i just wanted further elaboration into properly using the MHD BEF with the JB4 so i dont **** anything up. Ive re read it like 18 times now and i think i understand it.

is there a thread that goes into more detail about boost control and how it works

TFT inlets, charge pipe TIAL BOV
RISS **, Exhaust
Walbro 450
335is CLutch
BMS short shifter
VRSF 7"
Apex EC7
KWv3 (not installed)
Devils own Meth kit (not installed)
(#10453)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 04-27-2016, 04:17 PM

Terry.. Unsure if I am the only one but after loading the latest hex 32.3 I see the start up sweep doesn't go the whole way on the speedo.. Also the speedo alignment for the menus aren't lining up perfectly. I did try resetting the default for 335 metric and reset of the cluster to no effectm

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" **'s|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#10454)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2016, 04:20 PM

Email in a video and we can check it out for you. Might be something with the specific dash settings you run.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10455)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i N54
Default 04-27-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kish2604
Terry.. Unsure if I am the only one but after loading the latest hex 32.3 I see the start up sweep doesn't go the whole way on the speedo.. Also the speedo alignment for the menus aren't lining up perfectly. I did try resetting the default for 335 metric and reset of the cluster to no effectm
Same here. The speedo guage sweep only goes to 160 km/hr. Tacho goes all the way though. Didn't bother saying anything coz i didn't think it was a big deal. I might just double check its on the right setting (metric)

2008 e92 335i M-Sport|JB4 G5|MHD BMS BEF|BMS DCI|VRSF **|Alpina 7603537|BMS OCC|RB PCV|Stage 2 LPFP|Fuel It! ES-1 fuel lines with Ethanol Sensor and JB4 analyser|MMP Silicone Inlets|4 Bar TMAP|VRSF 7" FMIC
(#10456)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2016, 04:46 PM

Oh I see the problem on the 335i metric dash startup sweep. Give this a whirl.

Burger Motorsports

(#10457)
Old

Car: BMW E92 N54
Default 04-28-2016, 08:59 AM

Done terry the new firmware fix the issue but still the speedo alignment for the menus aren't lining up perfectly.

BMW 335i '08 E92 N54, JB4 G5 IOS, BMS DCI, VRSF ***, BMS-Tial BOV Kit with Chargepipe, VRSF FMIC, BMS Meth Kit, JB4 MHD BEF, BMS PCV valve, BMS OCC. TCU Alpina_B3 Flash, .
(#10458)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2016, 09:04 AM

We ran in to a rounding issue on the 335 metric so it may not be perfect but should be close.

Burger Motorsports

(#10459)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 04-28-2016, 11:43 AM

Terry, I just bought a 09 with FBO and I was wondering why I cannot access menus 10-15? My speedo stops at 9 and won't go any further. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
(#10460)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 04-28-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodster123
Terry, I just bought a 09 with FBO and I was wondering why I cannot access menus 10-15? My speedo stops at 9 and won't go any further. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Because you may not have a Jb4 G5 ISO.

2007 335i 4dr JB4, Hexon RR600, Inlets, 4Bar, Index 12, Boost Concept Pump, DCI, FMIC, ** and full exhaust, Burger Meth, MHD BEF. Auto.
(#10461)
Old

Default 04-28-2016, 12:16 PM

How do I figure out what control box I have? And if it is the G5 ISO what would cause me not being able to access those menus? Thanks
(#10462)
Old

Default 04-28-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Oh I see the problem on the 335i metric dash startup sweep. Give this a whirl.
Is it possible the problem is persisting to the 135i? updated to 32.3 last night and the speedo needle is off by a couple notches now.

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#10463)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 04-28-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
How do I figure out what control box I have? And if it is the G5 ISO what would cause me not being able to access those menus? Thanks
Pull the JB4 box and check which board is in it. If you need instruction on how to access it, goto Burgertuning.com

2007 335i 4dr JB4, Hexon RR600, Inlets, 4Bar, Index 12, Boost Concept Pump, DCI, FMIC, ** and full exhaust, Burger Meth, MHD BEF. Auto.
(#10464)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Is it possible the problem is persisting to the 135i? updated to 32.3 last night and the speedo needle is off by a couple notches now.
No the startup sweep issue was specific to the metric 335i dash. You are a metric 135i dash?

Burger Motorsports

(#10465)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Default 04-28-2016, 05:27 PM

How do you access the 0-60 timer? I can't seem to find it anywhere
(#10466)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2016, 05:28 PM

No such feature exists in the JB4. JB4 Mobile might have a lower solution timer built in. I'd ask in the JB4 Mobile thread for addl details though.

Burger Motorsports

(#10467)
Old

Default 04-28-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
No the startup sweep issue was specific to the metric 335i dash. You are a metric 135i dash?
No. Also, no sweep issues here.

On the other hand, I apologize as I mispoke earlier, its the Tach needle that's out of alignment, not the speedo.

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#10468)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i
Default 04-29-2016, 12:18 PM

I updated steering wheel controls with last Terry's changes. If anyone would like to use it:

Full
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tp...zn6PZCffkMWBNo

Short
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cl...DDLjB_OP8d4tRM
(#10469)
Old

Default 04-30-2016, 10:28 AM

Terry, I pulled the JB4 today and written on the box in what looks like sharpie it says G5 on it.
(#10470)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-30-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Terry, I pulled the JB4 today and written on the box in what looks like sharpie it says G5 on it.
If you post a photo of the board itself in the support area we can identify it for you. Such personal support requests to this thread though are deleted.

Burger Motorsports

(#10471)
Old

Car: 08 135i vert
Default 04-30-2016, 05:00 PM

135 here, just updated to 32.3 and dash is still out of alignment after 1/5 reset..?
(#10472)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-30-2016, 05:28 PM

See FAQ re setting menu 5.

Burger Motorsports

(#10473)
Old

Car: 08 135i vert
Default 04-30-2016, 05:38 PM

Got it. Thanks!
(#10474)
Old

Car: BMW 335I / VW 2.0T
Default 04-30-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
The movement seems normal to me? The refresh rate for cyl1 is 10 times per second while cyl 2-6 are around 4 times per second. So maybe that is what you are seeing?
I notice that as well but did not know that cylinders refresh at different rate. I have 4/2008 n54 and selecting 4 or 5 do not activate cyl 2-6. However selecting 6 does. Any explanation why mine is different?
(#10475)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-30-2016, 08:26 PM

You match it up to your flash version. Which is the name of the back end flash file you loaded. If you haven't loaded a back end flash map yet, then do that.

Burger Motorsports