N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#9676)
Old

Car: '07 335i MSport Convertible
Default 09-04-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrench
if you whant i speak french and you translate?
j’écris en français et vous traduisez si vous preferez
" *** Ne téléchargez pas de logiciels jusqu'à épuisement vous lisez cet *** Le dernier firmware EXIGE tard INTERFACE JB4 FAIT 1.3.15 ou version ultérieure et changements de réglage . Tous Duty Bias (anciennement CPS ) doit être réglé sur 0 ou 50 pour éviter 30FF sous les codes de boost . 3e coup de pouce de vitesse limitation devrait également être réglé à 0 pour désactiver . Sinon, cela va entraîner de mauvaises performances . ** "

Toutes les valeurs AFR doivent être mis à zéro .

Si vous avez un problème d'ouvrir une nouvelle discussion dans le domaine du soutien et quelqu'un va essayer de vous aider. Bon chance!
(#9677)
Old

Car: 335i n54 07
Default 09-04-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Toutes les valeurs AFR doivent être mis à zéro
true?
(#9678)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 09-04-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goktuk
How cani raies boost fail safe and what is limit?
I need to know your specs. You can raise it in user adjustment settings in the jb4 interface.

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#9679)
Old

Car: 2007 335i 6AT
Default 09-04-2015, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Map 6 boost settings are only used if running map 6. The default fuel bias and duty bias settings are suggested these days.
what are the default settings? Mine are all at 0. IIs there a thread that explains the afr bias adjustment? My goal is to get my afrs down.

BMS DCI // JB4 G5 ISO
(#9680)
Old

Default 09-05-2015, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrench
true?
AFR ne importe si l'aide de la carte 6 , vous pouvez simplement laisser les valeurs comme sur la photo sur la première page . "Duty Bias" devrait être de zero.
(#9681)
Old

Default 09-05-2015, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinomaan
what are the default settings? Mine are all at 0. IIs there a thread that explains the afr bias adjustment? My goal is to get my afrs down.
The default settings are those pictured on the first page if this thread.
(#9682)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-05-2015, 09:32 AM

7) v31.4: Revised spool up logic to be more aggressive. It's possible this new logic may result in boost over shoot in some situations so keep an eye on it.
8) v31.4: Added FUD=95 setting for larger than OEM turbo duty bias tuning.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9683)
Old

Default 09-05-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
7) v31.4: Revised spool up logic to be more aggressive. It's possible this new logic may result in boost over shoot in some situations so keep an eye on it.
I can attest to 31.4 being worth installing.
(#9684)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 09-05-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
What does FUD=95 do on a technical level?

2010 335ix - pure 600 turbos @ 30psi, dps, cp, 7.5in hd ic, inlets, outlets, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, at cooler
(#9685)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-05-2015, 10:46 AM

Made a post in the hybrid turbo thread with more information and a log.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9686)
Old

Car: 2008 e90 335i 6MT
Default 09-05-2015, 11:02 AM

Can't wait to update to the new firmware, I'm doing it this afternoon so I'll let you know if I find any issues
(#9687)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 09-05-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
is it -e-series only?
or this will be added to newer cars?
(#9688)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-05-2015, 11:31 AM

E series n54 only for the moment. But can add to other cars as needed just email if you have a specific issue tuning in larger turbos on the n55.

Burger Motorsports

(#9689)
Old

Default 09-05-2015, 01:04 PM

Terry, out of curiousity, what chnages were made for the decrease in spool time? Will DWP, etc. alter the effectiveness of this?
(#9690)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-05-2015, 01:36 PM

Basically I made the spool up mode PWM logic more aggressive. Now it holds PWM to 100% until boost is within 3psi of target. Previously it had a dynamic formula for this. The new logic is simpler and better. But needs to be evaluated across a wide range of cars and conditions to ensure it's working as it should be. The old dynamic code was getting long in the tooth as they say.

Burger Motorsports

(#9691)
Old

Default 09-05-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Basically I made the spool up mode PWM logic more aggressive. Now it holds PWM to 100% until boost is within 3psi of target. Previously it had a dynamic formula for this. The new logic is simpler and better. But needs to be evaluated across a wide range of cars and conditions to ensure it's working as it should be. The old dynamic code was getting long in the tooth as they say.
Very cool stuff!

So far so good on the new firmware. Car runs like a top.

Only thing I'd like to note, my WG rattle seems to have gotten a bit worse since the last firmware I had Ver. 31. Still much better than pre-31, but it did get louder.
(#9692)
Old

Car: E93 335i
Default 09-06-2015, 06:55 AM

Does anyone still have a standard exhaust and use JB4 CanFlap function.

When its set to ON (always open) - Menu 4/5 the flap still closes.

If i build up the trottle slowly it will hit 3K and shut all gears i believe.

I dont know if this was caused by a new update or i just havent noticed before anyone else notice this? Should it always be open regardless?
(#9693)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 09-06-2015, 07:11 AM

I upgraded to 31.4 and 12 ha menu automatically changed to 2000 rpm.
This is the new default ?

EURO - E92 335i - AT - I8A0S - JB4 G5 32.2 - MHD Flash Pump - DCI - **
(#9694)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2015, 08:25 AM

Default is 2800.

Burger Motorsports

(#9695)
Old
Cool ///Member

Car: E90 SEDAN
Default 09-06-2015, 08:56 AM

Question for radio disable.i tried the 6/5 option.didn't work. I have a 2008 with I drive.

SOLD
2004 E46 ///M3 MODDED
PRESENT RiDE
2008 E90 SEDAN G5 iSO-FBO FSB-100%METH-DUAL NOZZLES,Fuel iT!Stage 2
(#9696)
Old

Car: 08 135i vert
Default 09-06-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafer
Very cool stuff!

So far so good on the new firmware. Car runs like a top.

Only thing I'd like to note, my WG rattle seems to have gotten a bit worse since the last firmware I had Ver. 31. Still much better than pre-31, but it did get louder.
Same experience here, boost transitions feel quicker/smoother with 31.4, but audible rattle is back now when I build boost at light throttle, maps 10 and 12 are set at default.

May have missed it, any suggestions for settings to get less rattle on 31.4?
(#9697)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2015, 11:29 AM

There are no changes to the rattle logic within 31.4 so I don't know what the difference might be.

Burger Motorsports

(#9698)
Old

Default 09-06-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
There are no changes to the rattle logic within 31.4 so I don't know what the difference might be.
No problem, at the end of the day it's not really something to be simply masked with software as you've stated before.

I'll tinker around with different values in the rattle fix menus and see what I come up with.
(#9699)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default Hazard Lights on Dash Stay On - 09-06-2015, 05:53 PM

I have a new issue that just popped up a month ago where the hazard indicators on the dash stay on when I start the car. I have to stop the engine, pull the key out, then restart to get them to go off. Outside hazards work normally throughout this time, so it is just the dash hazards that do this. Also, if I turn the JB4 completely off by going to 0/0, it does not do this.
I tried reflashing with the same firmware I had been using (G4_082112.HEX) to no avail. I have no codes.
I'm not sure what version JB4 I have, but I bought it in March of 2012.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've searched these forums, and others, and can't find anything like this.

Thx,
Pete
2007 335i
(#9700)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2015, 08:40 PM

1) Upgrade to a new G5 board for $150 on our site.
2) Raise the menu3 in dash shift light to 6000rpm.

Burger Motorsports