N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#9401)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-06-2015, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Working on some throttle revisions, and I'm thinking of taking menu 11 in dash away from open loop adjustment (which I don't think anyone ever changes on the fly anyway) and moving that to throttle sensitivity. e.g. 0 would be super dead throttle, 7000rpm would be a very hyper active throttle, and default somewhere in between.

Thoughts?

Yes please!
(#9402)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 08-06-2015, 11:48 PM

Hello, im fbo...running 95% ethanol in the meth tank...bms race backend with jb4 g5 iso...i need some info about which map to run...user adjustment in the jb4 interface..since terry doesnt answer emails anymore
(#9403)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 08-07-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Working on some throttle revisions, and I'm thinking of taking menu 11 in dash away from open loop adjustment (which I don't think anyone ever changes on the fly anyway) and moving that to throttle sensitivity. e.g. 0 would be super dead throttle, 7000rpm would be a very hyper active throttle, and default somewhere in between.

Thoughts?
Yes yes yes. I've never touched menu 11 anyway.

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#9404)
Old

Car: 335i n54 AT e92 2006
Default 08-07-2015, 06:41 AM

Quote:

Thoughts?
I adjust menu 11 on the fly betimes but would be ok with those changes since it still can be modified quite quickly via android app.

What are this throttle sensitivity parameters about? Kind of alternative for the "Torque Request%" table in DME software?
(#9405)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2015, 09:47 AM

OK coded it and did a little in house testing and it seems OK. Need a few testers though to verify its working under various situations. If you come across any issues grab a JB4 log of those and email them in.

The range on menu 11 right now is 0 = least sensitive and 5000 rpm = most sensitive. Based on feedback we can adjust the allowable range. ISO v30 firmware was set to an equivalent of 500rpm, for example. To start I tuned it such that 0 is about as dead and 5000 is about as aggressive as I'd ever want to personally run. This firmware also has a change to to improve oscillation and rattle at very low throttle where some have reported "wonkiness" so be sure to evaluate that as well.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9406)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 08-07-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanL
Please stop polluting this thread with questions and read the first post where Terry states:
Please note that for any logs, bugs, concerns, problem reports, codes, etc, create a thread in the support section. Requests for assistance in this thread will be deleted without being read.
Either create a new thread or find a thread related to your question and post in it -- not this JB4 G5 Firmware sticky thread.
You're absolutely right. I've been out of the loop for some time and forgot the protocol. It won't happen again. Sorry.

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#9407)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBooster
Guys, I'm going to install my RBs and want to install the Inlets at the same time. What's the best route to go so far. I see a lot of you have them. Big delay? Thanks! And by the way, I think Rob Beck might be offering them soon. If so, I might wait. Cheers and thanks! Larry
Inlet's are a must have these days. There are several threads on them. Vargas and MMS are the most popular and affordable ones. TFT makes a nice set but its very expensive.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9408)
Old

Car: BMW 335i MT
Default Testing 31-test.hex - 08-07-2015, 10:41 AM

Terry

I am testing out version G5_ISO_31_Test.hex

where would you say the OEM throttle sensitivity is?

2008 335i 6Spd Manual MMP Inlets- Clutch Delay Valve delete- BMS ********* - SLD- G5 Jb4/ USB. FMIC ******* **'s- M3 wheels- 2/step NLS- MHD custome e60 flash JB4 stacked - Walbro Inline Upgrade stage 1- 335is Clutch - DMFW - Pilot Super Sports -ECS tunning Chargepipe - w. Synapse BOV- Gutted 2ndary Cats - Throttle Body Port injection by Fuel -IT! Kidner grill,scoops.
(#9409)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2015, 10:45 AM

All previous are around 500rpm.

Burger Motorsports

(#9410)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 08-07-2015, 01:33 PM

Anyone alive out there ?
(#9411)
Old

Default 08-07-2015, 02:28 PM

Start with a 30 additive and log log log. Then post the csv and your mods into the support section to ask for help, not here.

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

(#9412)
Old

Default 08-07-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
OK coded it and did a little in house testing and it seems OK. Need a few testers though to verify its working under various situations. If you come across any issues grab a JB4 log of those and email them in.

The range on menu 11 right now is 0 = least sensitive and 5000 rpm = most sensitive. Based on feedback we can adjust the allowable range. ISO v30 firmware was set to an equivalent of 500rpm, for example. To start I tuned it such that 0 is about as dead and 5000 is about as aggressive as I'd ever want to personally run. This firmware also has a change to to improve oscillation and rattle at very low throttle where some have reported "wonkiness" so be sure to evaluate that as well.
Just loaded it up, going to test it now.

(#9413)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 08-07-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:

When I went to menu 11 (with JB4 running the test hex), it was on 0. Does that equate to no change\off?
I was expecting it to be on 500?

UK FBO 335i, GCs, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
(#9414)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2015, 07:28 PM

Default will be at 0 for most as you've never changed this variable before. Raise it to 500 if you want it to match v30 mapping.

Burger Motorsports

(#9415)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 08-08-2015, 07:35 AM

Hey Terry, I'm getting intermittent 30ff codes. Car runs fine though.

Duty Bias all set to 0. DWP = 22. FUD = 0.

All vacuum lines except for the wastegate lines were replaced, boost solenoids were changed out, chargepipe upgraded to ER chargepipe. Same issues.

Could this be a problem in my settings?
(#9416)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-08-2015, 09:24 AM

If you need tuning help post a log of the issue in the support area.

Burger Motorsports

(#9417)
Old

Default 08-08-2015, 12:32 PM

Well the new update menu 11 seems to working, I just notice a big difference between 0 and 5k to be honest, maybe it's just me. Left it at 5k after playing with it for a while

(#9418)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 08-08-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Default will be at 0 for most as you've never changed this variable before. Raise it to 500 if you want it to match v30 mapping.
I thought that may be the case but wanted to check.

Thanks for confirming.

UK FBO 335i, GCs, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
(#9419)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 08-09-2015, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude2perfect
Well the new update menu 11 seems to working, I just notice a big difference between 0 and 5k to be honest, maybe it's just me. Left it at 5k after playing with it for a while
It has been fixed low acceleration rattle load?

EURO - E92 335i - AT - I8A0S - JB4 G5 32.2 - MHD Flash Pump - DCI - **
(#9420)
Old

Car: BMW 335i MT
Default 08-09-2015, 11:06 AM

I am loving menu 11.. it reminds me of the sprint booster days.

I was not able to to dial in the perfect settings without having to have menu 10 and 12 too high.

It almost masks any bit of turbo lag.. still there I know. But it hides it

2008 335i 6Spd Manual MMP Inlets- Clutch Delay Valve delete- BMS ********* - SLD- G5 Jb4/ USB. FMIC ******* **'s- M3 wheels- 2/step NLS- MHD custome e60 flash JB4 stacked - Walbro Inline Upgrade stage 1- 335is Clutch - DMFW - Pilot Super Sports -ECS tunning Chargepipe - w. Synapse BOV- Gutted 2ndary Cats - Throttle Body Port injection by Fuel -IT! Kidner grill,scoops.
(#9421)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-09-2015, 03:59 PM

83 downloads but only 1 or 2 feedback? Yay or nay?

Burger Motorsports

(#9422)
Old

Car: 2007 335i sport package jb4 g5 iso BMS DCI
Default 08-09-2015, 05:06 PM

Thanks for the test Terry! !
I tried a few settings,
5k was a bit much. At about 70% pedal I had 100% throttle.
I like 3k. It tricks you into thinking it's faster than it is.
Sorry I didn't get any good logs yet.
Im running 91 with NOS booster.

2007 E92 335i sport package 6mt jb4 g5 iso Fw 31.8
BMS 7/1 pump flash, DCI, OCC, clutch valve,
12 & 15 mm Wheel spacers, Lux V5.
(#9423)
Old

Car: 07 335i Coupe
Default 08-09-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
It's on my desktop, rain moved in, no dry roads till Tues

Thanks for the update though, looking forward to trying it and hoping my low rpm rattle is gone.. decel rattle is non-existant with fud 98

2007 335i E92 AT - JB4 G5 ISO + BMS E85 Flash, MR5 Intake, VRSF ***, VRSF 7in FMIC, ER CP, Fuel-It Stage 1, RB PCV, UUC Corsa Exhaust, Sachs SRE Coilovers, M3 Control Arms, H&R Sway, BA Diff Lock, MDF Scoops, Tint, LED Int, LUX V3, CF Hood, Mini Battery
(#9424)
Old

Car: 2007 335i sport package jb4 g5 iso BMS DCI
Default 08-09-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Hi Terry,
I have some logs from tonight with your new test.

2007 E92 335i sport package 6mt jb4 g5 iso Fw 31.8
BMS 7/1 pump flash, DCI, OCC, clutch valve,
12 & 15 mm Wheel spacers, Lux V5.

Last edited by Timed to go; 08-09-2015 at 10:09 PM..
(#9425)
Old

Car: 95 M3, 01 330i, 07 335i
Default 08-09-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Downloaded and set to 1k. Will give feedback after tomorrow's commute.